Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 9/29/2020 at 7:34 PM, The Avenger said:

Fargo is so damn good! I have loved seasons 1-3 and 4 looks like it is going to be fantastic again.

I think I picked up on a clue in episode 3 that the son Chris Rock’s character left with the Italians is going to turn out to be Mike Milligan from season 2.

The Irish kid the Italians put in charge of looking after his son has the last name Milligan....that can’t be a coincidence, right?

You know how the writers of this show like to connect characters from previous seasons together.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:07 AM, Tierlifer said:

Space Shuttle documentary on Netflix is amazingly awesome. So in depth and intriguing. Never knew that NASA was so haphazard in their decision making at the time, of course I was in middle school at the time but remember the moment like my generations JFK. 

Watched it last night and it was pretty difficult to get through for me. It's interesting to see how the process worked (or didn't).

The loved ones of the crew are better people than I. I don't think I could ever forgive the key players for the decisions taken.

Started to watch Cuties last night on netflix, simply to see what the fuss was about.  I'm surprised people are so up in arms about the 'lewd' aspects of it and give a pass on the fact that it kinda sucks.  saw one boob and figured that was enough for me

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Started to watch Cuties last night on netflix, simply to see what the fuss was about.  I'm surprised people are so up in arms about the 'lewd' aspects of it and give a pass on the fact that it kinda sucks.  saw one boob and figured that was enough for me

Society just wants to be outraged nowadays. I haven’t seen it and have no idea what it’s about, but any publicity is good publicity so I’m sure Netflix is making out well with it

On 10/1/2020 at 6:39 AM, Nextmanup said:

Anyone watching "Lovecraft Country" on HBO?

I think we watched the first 3 episodes and then gave it the yank.  I couldn't get into it, though the show does try to break some new ground in certain ways. 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:51 AM, Nextmanup said:

Bumping my own post here!

I guess no responses means no one is watching Lovecraft?

I thought it would be more popular.

I'm watching it. I love it. Definitely falls in the "weird" category, but it's produced well, has an interesting story with plenty of twists, good action, good music and solid acting.

I love the irony of using Jim Crow America black characters as the protagonists in a story based on the stories of HP Lovecraft, an overt racist.

Finished season 2 of The Boys last night. First 2 seasons have been incredible!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 6:40 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm watching it. I love it. Definitely falls in the "weird" category, but it's produced well, has an interesting story with plenty of twists, good action, good music and solid acting.

I love the irony of using Jim Crow America black characters as the protagonists in a story based on the stories of HP Lovecraft, an overt racist.

Finished season 2 of The Boys last night. First 2 seasons have been incredible!

Indeed, I'm loving this show. I just worry that sometimes too many characters/sub stories as love Homelander and Starlight but not big on Maeve, The Deep or A-Train.

23 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Only a few episodes through it, but I am loving “the queen’s gambit.” I believe it is a stand-alone 7-part limited series. 

I thought ‘no way’ when I glanced at the premise. But I read a little mire about it & decided to give it a shot. Two episodes in and both wife & I are hooked...good production, cast, & story.

4 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I thought ‘no way’ when I glanced at the premise. But I read a little mire about it & decided to give it a shot. Two episodes in and both wife & I are hooked...good production, cast, & story.

same. We were bored and gave it a shot— were both really entertained. I think we are just into the third episode. I am glad it is a stand alone series— don’t have to worry about cliff hangers and dragging the series out to the point where you lose interest. It’s supposed to end cleanly, from what I have read. 

On 10/27/2020 at 12:54 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Only a few episodes through it, but I am loving “the queen’s gambit.” I believe it is a stand-alone 7-part limited series. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, The Jokeman said:

Indeed, I'm loving this show. I just worry that sometimes too many characters/sub stories as love Homelander and Starlight but not big on Maeve, The Deep or A-Train.

20 hours ago, Mr Info said:

20 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

same. We were bored and gave it a shot— were both really entertained. I think we are just into the third episode. I am glad it is a stand alone series— don’t have to worry about cliff hangers and dragging the series out to the point where you lose interest. It’s supposed to end cleanly, from what I have read. 

So I just read the 1 paragraph synopsis at Wikipedia and also thought "I'm not so sure about this one."  

But given all the comments I'll try it out and report back.

(Yes, it's 7 episodes only).

I just got done watching a Documentary series on Netflix called High Score about the rise of video games from the very early years going up to first person shooters like Doom and Wolfenstein.  I had forgot about how controversial Mortal Kombat was when that came out.  Such different times lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the first episode of "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix.

All I can do is add to the enthusiastic response already referenced in this thread.

It's a seriously well done show and I am enjoying it greatly! 

• Like (+1) 1