Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 5/28/2020 at 12:39 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have not watched The Good Place, but will definitely give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation.

Great show, as is Catastrophe. 

I watched The Great on Hulu, pretty funny is spots, pretty intense in others.  Different type of show to be sure. 

I highly recommend it, but be warned graphic language and sexual content, violence as well. 

5 hours ago, bdutton said:

I watched the first episode yesterday.  Solid Meh.

I may watch the second episode to see if they do anything that is actually funny.

I'm giving it time. The scenario in the 2nd episode is funny. People naturally want to compare it to The Office, like they just want to re-watch The Office with military and space jokes. That's the wrong approach all around. Spaceforce is something entirely new and the talent is certainly there to make it good.

• 1 month later...

have no idea how this popped up in my Amazon Prime recommended...but damn is it bizarre/awful/awesome in that same Tiger King way. Made in 2009, i had never heard of it..worth a cringe worthy watch

https://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-Virginia-Tribeca-Festival-Premiere/dp/B009ZQ7XKA/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=amazing+white&qid=1593626206&s=movies-tv&sr=1-2

hey @LewPort71, this clan live near you?

Edited by plenzmd1

On May 30, 2020 at 12:02 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I'll go ahead and recommend "Hinterland" on Netflix.  It is a British police drama.  Some may see it as a slower moving European Bosch.  There are more differences than similarities but it is well written with a lot of tension.  Not a lot of action and it's understated but the stories are very good.  Give it a chance.

Marcella is another good one.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just started watching “Hunters” on Amazon Prime.  Very interesting first episode.  Give it a try.

That was a good one

Ending up watching 'Man in the high castle' afterwards, not bad

Just finished 'American Gods' which was also pretty interesting in today's world....

Decided to start watching Sons of Anarchy now (yes I know I'm late on that one...)

Binged the HBO show Barry which I thought was good. Started Veep now which is alright, not horrible but not fantastic.

Jim Carreys show 'Kidding' was similar in that I thought it was pretty good, but not fantastic or something I would watch multiple times over

I’ve been watching Snowpiercer on TNT....the season finale is this Sunday, and it’s been pretty interesting thus far...definitely like the TV show more than the movie.

Also, I just started watching The OA on Netflix. I’ve heard good things about it, and the first episode was intriguing for sure.

28 minutes ago, Special K said:

I’ve been watching Snowpiercer on TNT....the season finale is this Sunday, and it’s been pretty interesting thus far...definitely like the TV show more than the movie.

Also, I just started watching The OA on Netflix. I’ve heard good things about it, and the first episode was intriguing for sure.

Each time I see someone mention OA, I just assume it's about the green lanterns.

4 hours ago, dhg said:

Me and the wife started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. We're through the first 4 episodes. Liking it a lot so far.

I am very new to Netflix and my wife and I have been watching this show too. Just started season 2– really good (kind of a strange mix of suspense, drama, and dark comedy).

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching the series "Alone" that was originally history channel now on Amazon.. It's a very good survival show..

I don't know how I've missed it this long but there are 7 seasons I believe.  Watched the first two already.  Do recommend.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:46 PM, dhg said:

Me and the wife started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. We're through the first 4 episodes. Liking it a lot so far.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:32 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am very new to Netflix and my wife and I have been watching this show too. Just started season 2– really good (kind of a strange mix of suspense, drama, and dark comedy).

We have watched both seasons. Lots of twists and turns and we have enjoyed it. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini  are great together. A show we never watched but always wanted to check out was 'Monk'. We are in Season 4 at the moment and really like it. Tony Shalhoub is a great actor. Loved him in 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel', another one we enjoyed immensely.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:53 PM, plenzmd1 said:

have no idea how this popped up in my Amazon Prime recommended...but damn is it bizarre/awful/awesome in that same Tiger King way. Made in 2009, i had never heard of it..worth a cringe worthy watch

https://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-Virginia-Tribeca-Festival-Premiere/dp/B009ZQ7XKA/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=amazing+white&qid=1593626206&s=movies-tv&sr=1-2

hey @LewPort71, this clan live near you?

I have not seen this.  And the county mentioned is about 90 minutes away.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I made a separate thread about it, because it deserves it, but if you havent watched Palm Springs on Hulu yet, I highly recommend it. Dont watch any trailers or read about, it's better to go in cold and not knowing what is going to happen.

Is it as good as Pop Star?

Edited by LB3

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

Thanks I'll sign up for Hulu this weekend. I loved Pop Star and Hot Rod.

Loved Hot Rod too. LIke i said, go in cold and the first 15 minutes will have you going "WHAT. THE. *****. IS. HAPPENING?!?" and then when it all comes together, it's a great take.

• Awesome! (+1) 1