Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 3/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, stuvian said:

Tiger King might be in the streaming HOF. It's so crazy though I had to take a  break between episodes

On 3/21/2020 at 10:18 PM, NoSaint said:

every time I thought it was going to level out they threw gas on the dumpster fire. It was really something.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:28 AM, stuvian said:

every episode is a new level of crazy

On 3/22/2020 at 7:33 AM, aristocrat said:

buddy, i had not seen any promo for this and went into it knowing nothing. oh my god. it was pure insanity. i actually have the last episode left.  a hollywood writer couldn't write this level of insanity. it might be the greatest doc i've ever seen. 

I discovered "TIGER KING" last night by accident.

After 5 minutes I was hooked and went on a mini-binge that lasted for the first 6 episodes.  Was basically up all night watching that show.  I was actually about to create a thread just for this show; it is SOLID GOLD.  

I love documentaries and am on the lookout for good ones constantly.  This is one of the best I have seen, and as has been mentioned, it just keeps twisting and turning and becoming more and more riveting.

To an extent, it reminds me of "King of Kong" which is another great documentary, in that the show allows us a peek into a very small community of totally weird, interesting, and outrageous folks, with no shortage of crazy content to keep you entertained.

If you are a fan of non-fiction/documentaries, or just looking for something interesting to watch, I can't recommend this highly enough.

I still think we could do with a thread dedicated to the series.  There's SO MUCH to discuss! 

Edited by Nextmanup

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Should have seen it coming but season3 of Westworld is going to suck fml

I saw episode 1 and loved it; it's a totally new/different show to what we had last season, though exploring the same themes. 

Haven't seen episode 2 yet however.

I started watching "The Plot Against America" on Spectrum Originals.  I didn't realize it was one of those "alternative history" tales until episode 2 when somehow Lindbergh, portrayed as openly pro-Nazi, traded on his image as a hero to not only be the Republican presidential candidate in 1940 but actually winning the election over FDR by running on the platform of "Lindbergh or war" while Roosevelt acted "statesman like" and several southern states voted Republican.   The absurdity of that scenario just killed it for me.  Everything about that is just so implausible in terms what the American political scene was like in 1940 -- the only things that were true was that there was a war in Europe and that there was a strong isolationist sentiment (but not necessarily pro-Nazi or anti-Semitic) -- that it's ludicrous.

Apparently, this series is based on a novel that was published in 2004.   I'll not be watching the rest of this series.

PS.  FDR won the 1940 election over Wendell Wilkie by carrying 38 of 48 states, 449 of 531 electoral votes, and nearly 55% of the popular vote.

Edited by SoTier

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

After 5 minutes I was hooked and went on a mini-binge that lasted for the first 6 episodes.  Was basically up all night watching that show.  I was actually about to create a thread just for this show; it is SOLID GOLD.  

I love documentaries and am on the lookout for good ones constantly.  This is one of the best I have seen, and as has been mentioned, it just keeps twisting and turning and becoming more and more riveting.

To an extent, it reminds me of "King of Kong" which is another great documentary, in that the show allows us a peek into a very small community of totally weird, interesting, and outrageous folks, with no shortage of crazy content to keep you entertained.

If you are a fan of non-fiction/documentaries, or just looking for something interesting to watch, I can't recommend this highly enough.

I still think we could do with a thread dedicated to the series.  There's SO MUCH to discuss! 

do it.   Let’s bury that pos Carole ??

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

My son and I watched, "The Package," - a Netflix original movie - last night.

Effin' hilarious!!!!!

I couldn't stop laughing while watching that. So damn funny.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Finally finished The Witcher.

What awkward friggin storytelling!!!

Yet, I will probably watch season 2 when it comes out.

I honestly loved The Witcher. I thought Cavill nailed the part of Geralt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, Nextmanup said:

Any good documentaries you watched lately on Netflix or Amazon? I am fan of docs as well. 

Started watching the prime series with James May from Top Gear.  6 episodes of him touring Japan from north to south.  Doesn't sound very interesting, but James May has a very entertaining delivery and it's a very fun watch.  I think it's called "Our Man in Japan" or something like that

On 3/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, The Poojer said:

If it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, consider this a recommendation, if it has been mentioned, consider this an endorsement.  Letterkenny on hulu, it's a very quirky canadian sitcom that is just so damned funny.  I blew threw the first 2 seasons yesterday and had some very hearty guffaws.  Enjoy.  Pitter patter

How are you nooooooow?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, billsherd said:

Any good documentaries you watched lately on Netflix or Amazon? I am fan of docs as well. 

If you like Ken Burns films, Prime has New York...it is the American Experience one. Super long, like 16 hours...but it is a fascinating look and history of NYC. 

Growing up in Niagara Falls, had no idea why we had the Robert Moses parkway..certainly understood after watching this film!

• Thank you (+1) 2