Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

22 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It's a show that could easily have gone off the rails but I agree, after 5 episodes the Outsider continues to hold my attention. I'm curious how/if they'll sustain through the full 10 episodes as I thought it could be a 6 or 7 part show.  (I hate programs that drag as I tend to abandon ship). 

I cant remember if I'm on episode 5 or 6, but the previews for the next episode looks like the ***** is really going to hit the fan. Maybe it's a preview of several upcoming episodes and not just the following, or maybe it'll pull a Game of Thrones type thing where the climax happens an episode or 3 before the last episode.

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I cant remember if I'm on episode 5 or 6, but the previews for the next episode looks like the ***** is really going to hit the fan. Maybe it's a preview of several upcoming episodes and not just the following, or maybe it'll pull a Game of Thrones type thing where the climax happens an episode or 3 before the last episode.

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

They've only had 5 episodes.  Seems strange it's only halfway done.  

I don't watch previews (and any trailers) as I like to be surprised. 

Im about to start The Outsider this weekend probably.  Not sure if this is a mini-series where it will conclude at the end of this season, or if its a show that will have multiple seasons.  

But, HBO has another show that was amazing that was a mini-series called "The night of" a few years ago.  Definitely give that one a watch if you haven't seen yet when you are done with this series.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im about to start The Outsider this weekend probably.  Not sure if this is a mini-series where it will conclude at the end of this season, or if its a show that will have multiple seasons.  

But, HBO has another show that was amazing that was a mini-series called "The night of" a few years ago.  Definitely give that one a watch if you haven't seen yet when you are done with this series.  

Agree, "The Night of" is excellent. Good story and characters. As it turns out, the writer/show running for "The Night Of" and "The Outsider" is the same person, Richard Price. The detective in TNO (Bill Camp) is also in The Outsider.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Agree, "The Night of" is excellent. Good story and characters. As it turns out, the writer/show running for "The Night Of" and "The Outsider" is the same person, Richard Price. The detective in TNO (Bill Camp) is also in The Outsider.  

Thanks for the info on that, it doesn't surprise me as from what I have seen of the Outsider in terms of comments and trailers, it reminded me of The Night Of.  

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I was skimming through shows on HBO trying to find a show called The Night Of at the recomendation of @Alphadawg7, but couldn't find it or didn't look hard enough, so I started watching Vice Principal's because I've always found Danny McBride hilarious. 

I have watched both seasons of Vice Principles, its not bad, kind of strange but can be funny. Typical McBride show

9 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I was skimming through shows on HBO trying to find a show called The Night Of at the recomendation of @Alphadawg7, but couldn't find it or didn't look hard enough, so I started watching Vice Principal's because I've always found Danny McBride hilarious. 

It’s in HBO for sure, you must have just went past it or something.  But hey, Vice Principals is pretty good too.  I’m also a McBride fan :)

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s in HBO for sure, you must have just went past it or something.  But hey, Vice Principals is pretty good too.  I’m also a McBride fan :)

I just checked HBO GO and HBO ON DEMAND and it is there on both.   I watched it when it was originally on and liked it, although I can't remember exactly how it ended.?

On 2/4/2020 at 5:14 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I didn't read through all 34 pages, so pardon me if this has already been mentioned. I started The Outsider on HBO, based on a Stephen King novel, directed By Jason Bateman and Starring Ben Mendelsohn. Just finished episode 5. It's down right creepy. Good plot and storyline so far.

Fantastic show.

Loved the book.

So far the series is pretty true to the source material.

Great cast.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, Max Fischer said:

The Good Place is one of favorite shows of all-time. Smart, hilarious, clever, full of surprises and kept evolving. Ended it’s four year run with a perfect and very satisfying conclusion. Highly recommend. 

I friggin love this show. My wife and I are cracking up so much as we watch. 

It definitely qualifies as an "absurdist comedy," though.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:57 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

It's based off a Stephen King novel.

If there's a season 2, I'll be really upset.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I friggin love this show. My wife and I are cracking up so much as we watch. 

It definitely qualifies as an "absurdist comedy," though.

Absurbist for sure. Bet you could watch an episode three times and not catch all the verbal and visual jokes. One of the writers, Megan Amgran, posted her list of she had for one show:

image.thumb.jpeg.9d42ed3f1440ff07d7bf626da1c54b0a.jpeg

On 2/7/2020 at 6:59 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

I just about fell out of my chair laughing when they were tripping at the football game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

First ep of Locke & Key was great. The first season has gotten good reviews.

Let me know how it is as you get further in.

Joe Hill is Stephen King's son, so it's got me tempted after I watch a couple other shows.

I'm trying the free trial of CBS All Access. I did it for Picard, which I'm loving. But I also started Evil, which is great just 2 episodes in.