Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

27 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Do you get to watch the 45 minute show in less then 3 hours with all the interruptions from the overly prozaced hosts trying to get you to pay hundreds of dollars for a 'donation' to get a tote bag and Blu ray copy of the show?

these are not "pledge drive " shows..best show on American television last 20 years

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought i read somewhere that it sucked but got better.  Is that accurate?  I'm looking for something new.

Most of the SciFi stuff blows and the aliens are always unimaginative; which is ironic because they are 100% imaginary by definition.  Honestly I could write better alien characters than 99.99999999% of the ones I've seen and do it after thinking it through for 12 minutes and writing it on a napkin.  Why are the vast majority of alien characters so unidimensional and monolithic even in acclaimed projects?

I liked season 4.  I stuck with Expanse through the SyFy years because of a dearth of reasonably god SciFi shows out there.  Except for the sounds of engines running in space on the outside shots, it was well made.

Also, I kind of liked the last season of Lost in Space.

22 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they were setting up S3 at the end, it was weak and they should let it end anyway because the ending made sense.  

Setting up S3 for sure...possible spoiler, so...

The new "You" is his mother?  Just a guess, but they mention her a lot and never say what happened to her.

Edited by ricojes

Didn't see it mentioned in here, but I got around to watching Dolemite Is My Name during one of my recent flights...man that movie is so good. Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes in particular are just awesome. Just a really well-made fun movie. I totally get why it's getting some award buzz.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Didn't see it mentioned in here, but I got around to watching Dolemite Is My Name during one of my recent flights...man that movie is so good. Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes in particular are just awesome. Just a really well-made fun movie. I totally get why it's getting some award buzz.

I just watched it recently too and thought it was pretty funny, didn't even realise that was Snipes, I knew he was familiar but forgot all about Snipes.....

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I just watched it recently too and thought it was pretty funny, didn't even realise that was Snipes, I knew he was familiar but forgot all about Snipes.....

I knew he was in it but didn't realize that was him until after the fact either. I was just watching and was like "Man, this dude is owning these scenes" and then it clicked in my head afterwards.

40 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Anybody get through the Witcher yet on Netflix?

Yes. It was decent. Not always the best writing or acting, but overall, not bad. I would watch season 2, if they made it.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:12 AM, KRC said:

I gave up part way through S1 E2. I couldn't get past the bad acting and bad writing.

Me too. then I took an overseas trip and struggled through season one. I vowed to do not more and didn't for a full year. another long trip and Season 2 was a million times better as was season 3. 

It's solid sci fi. But that first season is nails on chalkboard stuff and some of the bad acting remains. 

14 hours ago, Metal Man said:

It's enjoyable. Light but fun. 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I thought i read somewhere that it sucked but got better.  Is that accurate?  I'm looking for something new.

Most of the SciFi stuff blows and the aliens are always unimaginative; which is ironic because they are 100% imaginary by definition.  Honestly I could write better alien characters than 99.99999999% of the ones I've seen and do it after thinking it through for 12 minutes and writing it on a napkin.  Why are the vast majority of alien characters so unidimensional and monolithic even in acclaimed projects?

The Expanse aliens are well done and different. It's one of the upsides that pulls me through some of the stiff acting. 

On another note, The Two Popes caught me totally off guard. It was great. 

Edited by Sundancer

19 hours ago, KRC said:

Yes. It was decent. Not always the best writing or acting, but overall, not bad. I would watch season 2, if they made it.

It's pretty good once you piece together the timeline and I needed to watch with subtitles with all of these names/places, etc. since I didn't know anything about it going in.

At the end everything ties out and it's solid.  A lot more magic than something like GOT.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Season 1 was very good with a mystery element.   I got bored in Season 2, very political bit slow moving for me  I guess Amazon picked it up for a new season so I may try and get back into it.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:25 PM, Metal Man said:

I have no clue what is going on but its been enjoyable so far (have a few eps left) Probably helps if you read the novels/played the game which I have not.  The Dark a german sci fi show was very good (only watched Season 1 so far)