Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On December 13, 2019 at 1:40 PM, PastaJoe said:

Finished Altered Carbon on Netflix. Futuristic murder mystery with a feel of Blade Runner. People’s memories are kept in ‘stacks’ which can be implanted in any body ‘sleeve’, so people can live forever. Grandma could have the body of a biker guy. I’d recommend it.

I liked it.  Watched it quite a while back because the guy from The Killing was in it.  Have been hoping for a season 2.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:06 PM, Gugny said:

We finished the first season of YOU last night/this morning.  Heating up nicely and looking forward to watching Season 2.

So overall, a good show, huh?

I had not heard of it until I read about it in this thread; just went and read up on it a bit.  Sounds interesting.

92% fresh at RT.

I will definitely start this one!

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

So overall, a good show, huh?

I had not heard of it until I read about it in this thread; just went and read up on it a bit.  Sounds interesting.

92% fresh at RT.

I will definitely start this one!

I recommend it.  And I've spoken to a few people who've either seen all of Season 2 or nearly all of it; they say it's even better than Season 1, which I liked a lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I recommend it.  And I've spoken to a few people who've either seen all of Season 2 or nearly all of it; they say it's even better than Season 1, which I liked a lot.

I liked S2 but not nearly as much as S1. I could not predict the ending but thought there was some shark jumping in the last episode. Imo, a bit too much of Ellie.

5 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I liked S2 but not nearly as much as S1. I could not predict the ending but thought there was some shark jumping in the last episode. Imo, a bit too much of Ellie.

SPOILER ALERT?!?!??!

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

SPOILER ALERT?!?!??!

What I said does not spoil anything. I tried to be careful. The two statements I made are unrelated. One was my opinion on the last episode and the other was regarding my impression of a character’s overpresence. Others may think differently.

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Any Expanse fans?

I thought i read somewhere that it sucked but got better.  Is that accurate?  I'm looking for something new.

Most of the SciFi stuff blows and the aliens are always unimaginative; which is ironic because they are 100% imaginary by definition.  Honestly I could write better alien characters than 99.99999999% of the ones I've seen and do it after thinking it through for 12 minutes and writing it on a napkin.  Why are the vast majority of alien characters so unidimensional and monolithic even in acclaimed projects?

Edited by 4merper4mer

6 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I liked S2 better because the main chick in S1 was annoying and the side characters in S2 were far better.  I didn't love how they handled the old girlfriend but I thought S2 was better.

I thought the general gist of the ending was very predictable and knew it about mid season.  I didn't know every specific detail of how it would play out but I was certain of the main component.

I also disagree on the too much Ellie.  I thought that made sense and was fine.

If they were setting up S3 at the end, it was weak and they should let it end anyway because the ending made sense.  

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, another PSA for a new American Experience on PBS. New one last night on Joseph McCarthy...i only watched the first hour last night,  but that was awesome. Will prolly repeat several times on your local PBS this week. 

Do you get to watch the 45 minute show in less then 3 hours with all the interruptions from the overly prozaced hosts trying to get you to pay hundreds of dollars for a 'donation' to get a tote bag and Blu ray copy of the show?