Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

39 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I'm a big Gaiman fan but didn't love this book--the series was light and amusing: My daughter and I watched it together and had fun with it. Tenet is excellent. 

I honestly didn't know it was based off a book. It was just advertised all the time on my smart TV so I flipped it on. It was an easy watch.

Asked the firestick for movies about Buffalo NY..so show about gangsters came up called Pure. I watched the first 10 minutes, not so good..seems to have been made on a budget..but it does look like its shot in Buffalo. Anyobe watched more of this than I?

The asked for the history of Buffalo NY...and for some reason the Deads concert in Rich in 89 is a movie..who knew? Trucking Up to Buffalo! Obviously I am not a Dead Head!

I bet @The Poojer was at the concert!

• Like (+1) 1

Who has been watching "Euphoria" on HBO?

I didn't really fall in love after episode 1, but since, I have become addicted to this show.

It is unrealistically way over the top in terms of how it portrays sexuality in young kids, but I guess that is the point.

Really enjoying it so far.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I didn't really fall in love after episode 1, but since, I have become addicted to this show.

It is unrealistically way over the top in terms of how it portrays sexuality in young kids, but I guess that is the point.

I watched the first two episodes and really liked it.  Got put on the back burner when Stranger Things came out.  I have to pick it back up.  Thanks for the reminder!

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend "The Boys" on Amazon. It's funny and very good.You will get a kick out of it. I'm on ep 7 with 1 more to go. So good I almost completed watching the whole season yesterday. Would have if the Bills game didn't come on of course.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I highly recommend "The Boys" on Amazon. It's funny and very good.You will get a kick out of it. I'm on ep 7 with 1 more to go. So good I almost completed watching the whole season yesterday. Would have if the Bills game didn't come on of course.

Karl Urban absolutely steals the show. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/23/2019 at 1:43 PM, Nextmanup said:

I just found recently that Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann's daughter is on the show. She was in a bunch of his movies when she was really young and I think she was the one in the recent commercials with her mom for some skin cream

6 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Finished watching it a few days ago, it was pretty good,didn't realise it's based of an actual comic that's much more graphic (sexually and violence). The last episode has a bit of a surprise ending cliff hanger.....

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I just found recently that Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann's daughter is on the show. She was in a bunch of his movies when she was really young and I think she was the one in the recent commercials with her mom for some skin cream

Finished watching it a few days ago, it was pretty good,didn't realise it's based of an actual comic that's much more graphic (sexually and violence). The last episode has a bit of a surprise ending cliff hanger.....

Yeah, definitely looking forward to the next season of it. I enjoyed it myself.

3 hours ago, teef said:

why didn't anyone let me know that the second season of mind hunters was up on netflix.  it is, and it's awesome.

Yessir! Just started Season 2 last night. Psychology, and criminal psychology in particular is something that's always been fascinating to me. A part of me wishes I had tried to get into that line of work. Probably more interesting than what I do now but my field definitely has its perks.

37 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yessir! Just started Season 2 last night. Psychology, and criminal psychology in particular is something that's always been fascinating to me. A part of me wishes I had tried to get into that line of work. Probably more interesting than what I do now but my field definitely has its perks.

we got through the first episode and halfway through the second.  i was just too tired to go on!  i love anything psychology as well.  as sexy as working for the fbi may seem, i have a feeling it's an administrative hell.  you better be ready to play the game, or you're going no where fast.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Me too.   Watched the first episode looking forward to the next one tonight.  Probably should have watched the end of season 1 though, took me a while to remember how everything ended. 

2 hours ago, teef said:

we got through the first episode and halfway through the second.  i was just too tired to go on!  i love anything psychology as well.  as sexy as working for the fbi may seem, i have a feeling it's an administrative hell.  you better be ready to play the game, or you're going no where fast.

I imagine that's the case, but I don't think that's all that different from what I do now/used to do with my previous job haha. The real tough part for me to reconcile is that it would probably be less money for far more hours and less control over my personal life. I do think it would be more interesting though and maybe that would outweigh everything else.

Anyways, don't want to derail the Netflix thread over this haha.

• Like (+1) 1