Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Stranger Things S3...2 episodes in.  Pretty good start.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Loving it.   I’m 4 deep.   Prob sneak in two tonite.   

i binged it yesterday.   first few episodes went a little slow as they built up the pubescent and parental relationship dynamics.  but once they got thru that it picked up nicely

The Hopper/Russian Agent dynamic went a little Peter Griffin/Giant Chicken :lol:

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

i binged it yesterday.   first few episodes went a little slow as they built up the pubescent and parental relationship dynamics.  but once they got thru that it picked up nicely

The Hopper/Russian Agent dynamic went a little Peter Griffin/Giant Chicken :lol:

I'm two in right now and I'd say the slow pace is definitely there through them both.  At least it give me the chance to shut it off for the day and not get sucked into watching the entire season in one sitting.

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Stranger Things S3...2 episodes in.  Pretty good start.

3 episodes in, we rewatched seasons 1 & 2 last week before starting the new season. Wife's now mad cause I have been busy at night with work and can't keep watching right now.

I started watching Jessica Jones season 3, it's been pretty good so far. Also just finished watching Good Omens on Prime, that was pretty good too.

Edited by apuszczalowski

On 6/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, /dev/null said:

Not surprised, once other streaming services created competition, and the networks figured out they could make more money with their own service instead of selling their shows to others, it is just going to turn into cable/satellite tv again, with the only difference being you can pick what you want to watch when you want to watch it.

Netflix was great when it had all the content (or the majority of it) and was the only real service around. Now it's just going to get worse because you are going to have to have many streaming services to pay for, or have juggle them based on what's coming up. You may end up keeping Netflix for a couple shows, then Amazon Prime for a couple others, then need Disney's new service for a few others. Then someone's going to come along and sell monthly subscription packages that bundle a bunch of the services together for you, maybe they will be brought to your home through some cable or satellite dish.......

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/8/2019 at 8:46 PM, The Jokeman said:

If you like documentaries I can suggest Hulu's 3 Identical Strangers.

Absolutely fantastic!

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Ozark is in netflix HOF 

Right by 

Narcos

House of Cards 

Peaky Blinders

Stranger Things

Excellent list

• Like (+1) 1

unless i missed it, i have seen no one mention Netflix's, 'Dark'. just finished season 2 last night and i hope they do a season 3. not wanting to give the plot away, i will just say it is about time and has all kinds of paradoxes.  i am usually pretty good at seeing plot twists coming and such but never really got that with this one. you have to pay attention and binge watching might be the best way to keep it all in order.

curious what anyone else who may have watched it thinks.

Edited by Foxx

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Caught up on Season 2 of Krypton (SyFy).  Worth checking out.  Season 1 is a little low budget

Also watched Episode 1 of Chernobyl.  There sure are alot of Ruskies with British accents ?

The actors definitely didn’t put a lot of work in to Russianize themselves. 

That was good but the changes to reality were bewildering to me. Totally unnecessary. It is a good(bad) story without Hollywood nonsense. 

Has anyone talked about Dark on Netflix yet? 

There have been two seasons so far, and both were phenomenal.

It is imperative that you watch it in German with English subtitles, rather than with the dubbed English audio, which sounds silly.

If you don't mind dense subject matter, it's a great watch. Can't wait to see where season 3 goes.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:51 AM, Foxx said:

unless i missed it, i have seen no one mention Netflix's, 'Dark'. just finished season 2 last night and i hope they do a season 3. not wanting to give the plot away, i will just say it is about time and has all kinds of paradoxes.  i am usually pretty good at seeing plot twists coming and such but never really got that with this one. you have to pay attention and binge watching might be the best way to keep it all in order.

i love this show also. very very good acting and tremendous plot. from what i've read, there will be a season 3. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am a huge PBS/ American Experience guy. Chasing the Moon is a 3 parter that is airing now on the space program..cool as hell!

Also, Amazon Prime now also has the Chinese Exclusion Act..new this month to Amazon. Excellent as well, but long at almost 3 hours..relevant in today's climate I think 

On 7/15/2019 at 5:51 AM, Foxx said:

We are actually about to start season 1 of Dark tonight. Wifey and I thought it looked interesting and have been meaning to watch it but never got around to it. So hopefully I can get in at least a couple episodes in tonight.

46 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Amazon has a series called the Good Omen that came out awhile ago. Just one season, but was pretty funny.

I haven't gave it chance yet. It looked as if it would be stupid and not down my comedy ally anyways, but willing to give it 10-15mins to see.

42 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

We are actually about to start season 1 of Dark tonight. Wifey and I thought it looked interesting and have been meaning to watch it but never got around to it. So hopefully I can get in at least a couple episodes in tonight. ...

i hope you like it. 

i can tell you, at first, i was like, 'whattttt'?? do i want to invest this much effort into keeping track of what is what here?

i love thought provoking stuff so it was a no brainer for me.

looking forward to season 3 (thank you @wnysteel) already as the end of season 2 presented a very interesting twist to the plot line.

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Amazon has a series called the Good Omen that came out awhile ago. Just one season, but was pretty funny.

I'm a big Gaiman fan but didn't love this book--the series was light and amusing: My daughter and I watched it together and had fun with it. Tenet is excellent.