Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Lol, I bought the Series on DVD and Digital after Christmas when it was on sale but haven't started it yet. It's there with Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy

One of these things is not like the other...

29 minutes ago, shrader said:

No, I mean it's on my list with the other 2 series that I plan to start watching, lol

I'm not comparing them as being the same...

Gonna start watching Jessica Jones season 3 soon, then soon after Stranger Things will be on to watch. Would like to start watching a couple shows on Amazon too, plus maybe Ozark

Edited by apuszczalowski

17 hours ago, shrader said:

SoA started out decent, kinda like Hamlet on Harley's.  But it quickly became A-Team on motorcycles

Breaking Bad on the other hand started out kinda slow, but then it became absolutely amazing

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

SoA started out decent, kinda like Hamlet on Harley's.  But it quickly became A-Team on motorcycles

Breaking Bad on the other hand started out kinda slow, but then it became absolutely amazing

I'm wondering so far if the Sopranos follows that Breaking Bad model a bit.  I'm maybe 5 episodes in so far.  I'm fine with it, but I don't yet see a show that gets so much love.

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Just finished watching 2 seasons of "Anne with an E" with my younger kids.  It was surprisingly good.

I think they filmed part of that show last year or the year before in St Catharines (Port Dalhousie) area, supposed to be filming a beach/vacation part there I think. Remember they closed off areas for about a week to film some stuff in the parking lot near the old pier off Lake Ontario

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I'm wondering so far if the Sopranos follows that Breaking Bad model a bit.  I'm maybe 5 episodes in so far.  I'm fine with it, but I don't yet see a show that gets so much love.

To me, Sopranos and Breaking Bad are very different. Breaking Bad had many fantastic characters but its back bone was the well-plotted story arc of Walter White.

On the other hand, Sopranos is much more of a character-driven show. Tony is the "main" character yet the show is mostly a saga about the entire family; how they lived, their relationships, their misdeeds, internal tensions between relatives, "friends" and rivals and overall what makes them tick. Sopranos is not a "spoiler" show built on shocking twits (though there are a few) but the slow build up of how personal and professional situations could be resolved.  

Either Breaking Bad or Sopranos could be my favorite all-time but I think I give the edge to Sopranos because it's very re-watchable while BB is driven by the "oh, man, what will happen next" tension that's not prevalent on a second watch.  

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Have never seen Sopranos but may watch that at some point.

Watched 1 episode of Chernobyl so I will be finishing that this week.

Have NOS4A2 recorded, but never watched it yet.

Getting ready to watch Handmade's Tale.

Have DVDs of Sons of Anarchy, but waiting until I have nothing else to watch.......not anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been binging Justified for the last week or 2. I just finished season 3 episode 1.

Here's how I know it's fantastic: with all my other choices in shows to keep watching that I've already started (Supernatural, Jessica Jones, Good Omens, etc), I keep clicking on the next episode of the show.

I love that it's setting is one of the main characters. I've never even been to Kentucky, but the show makes me feel a bit like I have been.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2019 at 4:05 PM, /dev/null said:

Disney+ is gonna be so ***** great.

I can't wait.

I've gone through Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Starz... Netflix has been the best in terms of content and usability. The others have good shows, but not as money, and their UIs are not as good.

I'm all about the Mouse House, though. The Mandalorian's gonna kick ass.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay, so IMO, all 3 new Black Mirror episodes sucked a fat one.  Anyone else watch these yet?  It’s almost as if they didn’t even try...

I loved em.

Great acting and good stories.

Much better quality than you'd find on a lot of other services/networks.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So I've been binging Justified for the last week or 2. I just finished season 3 episode 1.

Here's how I know it's fantastic: with all my other choices in shows to keep watching that I've already started (Supernatural, Jessica Jones, Good Omens, etc), I keep clicking on the next episode of the show.

I love that it's setting is one of the main characters. I've never even been to Kentucky, but the show makes me feel a bit like I have been.

Best show ever.      Wynn Duffy growing on you yet ? ??

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Justified is one of my all time favorite shows.

• Like (+1) 1