Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

Didn't read through the entire thread to see if it was mentioned, but Amazon's Sneaky Pete is worth watching. Kind of low key without constant explosions and such. Lots of complicated characters without clear cut good guys and bad guys. If you like subtle and hate gratuitous shenanigans, this is solid. They did 2 seasons. Not sure if a 3rd will happen.

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

damn, I'm the only one who liked The Ranch.  But then I only watched the first season. Sam Elliot was already starting to lose his edge

I would think most people in this forum prefer The Blue Cheese.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 3/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, BritBill said:

May I suggest Whitechapel to you?

It's set in modern times but the first series revolves around Jack the Ripper copycat murders. The police even employ a "Ripperologist" to help them try and catch the killer.

The second series centres around the same police team trying to capture criminals who copy the style of the Kray twins. 

There are more series but the first two I considered the best. 

Sounds good, but I couldn’t find it anywhere...it’s not on Netflix. Maybe it’s on Britbox?

Speaking of Britbox, has anyone here tried it? I’d like to know if it’s worthwhile before I give it a try.

24 minutes ago, Special K said:

Sounds good, but I couldn’t find it anywhere...it’s not on Netflix. Maybe it’s on Britbox?

Speaking of Britbox, has anyone here tried it? I’d like to know if it’s worthwhile before I give it a try.

According to my JustWatch app, it’s available on Hulu for streaming. 

On April 18, 2019 at 7:56 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Welp I'm set up to watch the first fiction TV I've watched in many months soon. Next season of Bosch starts tomorrow.

Spoiler alert: the redhead chops people into tiny little bits and her mom eats the evidence.  Bosch solves this by reviewing victims Skype histories.

On April 18, 2019 at 7:56 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Welp I'm set up to watch the first fiction TV I've watched in many months soon. Next season of Bosch starts tomorrow.

C Thom is in it!  Gregg's in.

And Beta from The Walking Dead.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I just stumbled across Chernobyl on HBO last night and recorded it.  It was very good.  My wife was in Russia at the time of the accident on a school field trip.  They didn't know anything about it until they returned home to the then Czechoslovakia a few days later.    

• Like (+1) 2

Billions is on fire this season!  Great show...

And full bummer about Counterpart going away.  One of the best shows on non-TV!!  Hoping that Amazon or someone else picks it up.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I just stumbled across Chernobyl on HBO last night and recorded it.  It was very good.  My wife was in Russia at the time of the accident on a school field trip.  They didn't know anything about it until they returned home to the then Czechoslovakia a few days later.    

Chernobyl episode 1 was excellent.  

I am surprised they couldn't find actors with Russian or eastern european accents, however.

With this crummy weather yesterday and my Mom long passed as well as the Mets were rained out I watched on Netflix yesterday and recommend:

Ted Williams documentary 

and

The Price Is Right documentary on the guy who won a ton of crap by guessing everything correctly with the exact prices and crushed it.  

On 5/8/2019 at 10:19 AM, bdutton said:

I am surprised there is not more chatter on this here.   So far two episodes in and I find it engaging.   I wonder how true to the actual story it is?

• Like (+1) 1