Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 3/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Has anyone watched The Passage?

I realize it's a network TV show, but I'm 4 episodes in and really diggin it so far.

I think it jumps around a little too much between past/present and I have difficulty to get past the Suspension of Disbelief in a lot of the scenarios as they get played out.

Other than some of the faults I hope the writing gets better as I like the premise and acting

On 3/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Has anyone watched The Passage?

I realize it's a network TV show, but I'm 4 episodes in and really diggin it so far.

I read the trilogy (which I highly recommend). The book has quite a few intersecting storylines that make it difficult to adapt to the screen. I think they made a good attempt but I could see people start to tune out because it feels like the story tends to start and stop.  Perhaps it will find its pace soon.  

On 2/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, Boca BIlls said:

The soundtrack is very good, it's based on a comic. The action is good, the story is good. I really liked it. It's about a very rich guy who bought kids that had super powers, he teaches them to fight crime. The drama is in he alienates each of them in his own way which makes them screwed up adults. They need to come together to stop the Apocalypse.

So I finally got around to watching the 1st episode.

So glad I did.

1st 15-20 minutes were just too slow in the 1st setting I was in, but then damn did it get better!!!

Any TV show that can pull off putting They Might be Giants in a fight scene gets an A+ in my book :thumbsup:

Just finished season the 2nd season of Broadchurch, it's about the murder of young boy in a small town.  The first season was good, the second season was very good.  Watched the 1 episode of the 3rd and final season last night and I am not sure where it will go, but overall a very good show.  It's British, takes place in a small town in Ireland, so you have to deal with the accents.  Also, it's more real life actors.  So if you're used to the sexy detective and/or suspects which is generally the case in the US, this isn't the show for you. 

https://www.netflix.com/title/70302484

4 hours ago, ricojes said:

Just finished season the 2nd season of Broadchurch, it's about the murder of young boy in a small town.  The first season was good, the second season was very good.  Watched the 1 episode of the 3rd and final season last night and I am not sure where it will go, but overall a very good show.  It's British, takes place in a small town in Ireland, so you have to deal with the accents.  Also, it's more real life actors.  So if you're used to the sexy detective and/or suspects which is generally the case in the US, this isn't the show for you. 

I am partial to UK detective shows, and Broadchurch is a good one.  You might try Happy Valley, Hinterland or Jack Taylor.   They all have the same feel and good plots.  I happened to select Happy Valley because of the name and it wasn't anything like I expected.  I wasn't expecting a detective show at the time.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:56 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Stumbled upon this show earlier today..really funny and informative

https://www.trutv.com/shows/adam-ruins-everything/index.html

I love watching this show with my kids.  Recently watched the episode about the building of the Panama Canal.  Very interesting.

40 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I love watching this show with my kids.  Recently watched the episode about the building of the Panama Canal.  Very interesting.

the one on sex was great! Fun fact..90% of people have herpes..and its no big deal!!!

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, ricojes said:

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, Greybeard said:

I am partial to UK detective shows, and Broadchurch is a good one.  You might try Happy Valley, Hinterland or Jack Taylor.   They all have the same feel and good plots.  I happened to select Happy Valley because of the name and it wasn't anything like I expected.  I wasn't expecting a detective show at the time.

I like UK detective shows as well, and Broadchurch and Happy Valley are two of my favorites.

Another one that's worth checking out would be Shetland...its a Scottish detective show set on the Shetland islands in Scotland.....the scenery alone is great on that show.

I also enjoyed Ripper Street....obviously set in Victorian England just after the Jack the Ripper murders.

I also suggest using the closed captioning for anyone who finds British or Scottish accents challenging to understand.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ricojes said:

woooooo,,,they got Ultraman coming on! 

Anyone of my age remember watching the original Ultraman on CH 29 after school in the early 70s? 

We had to watch on the small  B=W TV in my parent's bedroom as the B+W TV in the family room did not get UHF stations LOL. 

9 hours ago, Special K said:

I like UK detective shows as well.

I also enjoyed Ripper Street....obviously set in Victorian England just after the Jack the Ripper murders.

May I suggest Whitechapel to you?

It's set in modern times but the first series revolves around Jack the Ripper copycat murders. The police even employ a "Ripperologist" to help them try and catch the killer.

The second series centres around the same police team trying to capture criminals who copy the style of the Kray twins. 

There are more series but the first two I considered the best. 

We finished watching episodes 1 and 2 of "The Umbrella Academy" tonight on Netflix.

It's been quite good and I really enjoyed it, even though I am not really into the "comic book" or super hero sort of genre.

I recommend it.

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

We finished watching episodes 1 and 2 of "The Umbrella Academy" tonight on Netflix.

It's been quite good and I really enjoyed it, even though I am not really into the "comic book" or super hero sort of genre.

I recommend it.

I'm thinking it will be the next one I watch once I finish up with Titans which has been pretty good. Around the same time i saw the episode about it, i saw commercials for the spin off 'Doom Patrol' which might be interesting.

Also waiting to watch the latest season of Arrested Development, and at the tend of the month Netflix has an Animated 'Trailer Park Boys' series starting. This seems to be a trend starting here in Canada turning our shows into animated series, started with Corner Gas, now Trailer Park Boys. It is easier to reboot them that way after some of the cast members die (Brent's mom Emma died recently, Mr Lahey died just before their last season was released IIRC)