Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

Halfway through The Punisher season 2 and loving it.

Wife and I just finished season 1 of The Good Place, which is super funny.

Has anyone watched Castle Rock on Hulu? I don't even have Hulu, but in the last 7 or 8 months I've read The Outsider, The Stand, and I'm almost through Salem's Lot right now so I kinda dig the idea of a Stephen King multi-verse. Haven't started that show mainly because I don't currently have Hulu.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Halfway through The Punisher season 2 and loving it.

Wife and I just finished season 1 of The Good Place, which is super funny.

Has anyone watched Castle Rock on Hulu? I don't even have Hulu, but in the last 7 or 8 months I've read The Outsider, The Stand, and I'm almost through Salem's Lot right now so I kinda dig the idea of a Stephen King multi-verse. Haven't started that show mainly because I don't currently have Hulu.

I'm a few episodes in and I think it's good. It's fun to notice the little King references.

True Detective, Night Flyers, Castle Rock, The Orville, and Punisher is the line-up I'm trying to get through right now.

Too much TV. Too little time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm trying to decide whether to start watching the second season of The Orville or Star Trek Discovery.  I plan on watching both but I don't want to get wrapped up in two sci-fi universes at the same time.

Why did CBS and Fox decide to run similar shows, attracting the same audience, opposite each other

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm trying to decide whether to start watching the second season of The Orville or Star Trek Discovery.  I plan on watching both but I don't want to get wrapped up in two sci-fi universes at the same time.

Why did CBS and Fox decide to run similar shows, attracting the same audience, opposite each other

Is that actually on CBS now or is it still just on their streaming service?

finished murder mountain this weekend.  Interesting 6 episode series, pretty crazy to think there are places in the united states that outlaw.  Wish they'd finished it better but overall not too bad.  

About 4 episodes into Ted Bundy.  holy hell, he was just plain awful, those poor women, and girls and their families

• Like (+1) 1

I'm about halfway through Season 2 of "Ozark" now and enjoying it a lot.  I am new to Netflix, and just sinking into this show now.

Can someone please recommend another good show available on Netflix for me to try next?  I'm going to run out of new Ozark content fairly soon!

Keep in mind that if a show aired even several years ago, it's still probably new to me.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm about halfway through Season 2 of "Ozark" now and enjoying it a lot.  I am new to Netflix, and just sinking into this show now.

Can someone please recommend another good show available on Netflix for me to try next?  I'm going to run out of new Ozark content fairly soon!

Keep in mind that if a show aired even several years ago, it's still probably new to me.

Thanks!

Oh, there are soooooo many.   Maybe Stranger Things would be a good one for you to do next?  Cool Sci-fi series set in the 80’s.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Thanks!

Black Mirror - Single issue Twilight Zone type stories often showing the effects of modern or future technology.

Lost in Space

House of Cards

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

The Punisher

GLOW

Lilyhammer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Thanks!

The must watch Netflix list 

Ozark

Narcos

Peaky Blinders 

Stranger Things 

House of Cards 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Thanks!

You

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Has anyone else watched Bandersnatch (the Black Mirror "Choose Your Own Adventure" movie?)

I started watching it late one night.   I made about 4 or 5 choices, then fell asleep about midnight.    It was still going at 4AM when I woke up.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/28/2019 at 7:04 PM, /dev/null said:

Has anyone else watched Bandersnatch (the Black Mirror "Choose Your Own Adventure" movie?)

Fun because of the interactive feature, but the story is relatively shallow for Black Mirror.

Finished the Punisher. It really went down hill in the final 3rd, IMO. Like they were just hurrying to finish it.

On 1/28/2019 at 7:28 PM, Teddy KGB said:

The must watch Netflix list 

Ozark

Narcos

Peaky Blinders 

Stranger Things 

House of Cards 

I just read some synopses of all these; they all look interesting but "Stranger Things" spoke to me the most for some reason.

I have heard good things about "The Black Mirror" from a whole bunch of sources; I am going to check that out as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I just read some synopses of all these; they all look interesting but "Stranger Things" spoke to me the most for some reason.

I have heard good things about "The Black Mirror" from a whole bunch of sources; I am going to check that out as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Haven't seen Stranger Things?!

Get on it.

• Like (+1) 1