Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

21 hours ago, shrader said:

Punisher season two was released today... which means you can expect to see it canceled in a couple weeks. 

Surprised it wasnt announced already......

I am wondering if these series get picked up by someone else (if the Disney/marvel streaming service allows it).

Is Netflix going to start doing more DC shows to replace the Netflix ones? I want to check out Titans on Netflix

On 1/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, The Poojer said:

If anyone has Amazon Prime Video, "Forever' with Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisten is very enjoyable.  Only 8 episodes/1 season so far, but it's a cool premise that you can't reveal to people because it does kind of spoil it.  

i made it about 15 minutes into the first episode where they go the ski resort before turning it off.  does it get entertaining at some point?

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

i made it about 15 minutes into the first episode where they go the ski resort before turning it off.  does it get entertaining at some point?

Kind of right at that point.  Watch the first episode, it really does get better.  At least I thought it did

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

It’s not a “comedy” but I found it very amusing. It’s well thought out and different. Worth the time. 

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The wife and I just binged all 4 seasons of Schitt'$ Creek on Netflix. Truly awesome comedy created by and starring Eugene Levy.

Watched it too, it just started another season on CBC in Canada. It was a collaboration between Eugene and his son, who is also his son on the show. His actual daughter is also on the show, she is the girl who works the restaurant.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Watched it too, it just started another season on CBC in Canada. It was a collaboration between Eugene and his son, who is also his son on the show. His actual daughter is also on the show, she is the girl who works the restaurant.

His son is great on the show. Oh and the actress that plays his daughter is so hot.

740full-annie-murphyw.jpg

The wife and I started watching a show on Netflix called Friends from College.  The cast caught my eye (Keegan Michael Key, Fred Savage, Cobie Smulders), so I gave it a shot.  The first season was really good, but it has fallen off in the second season.  I kept asking myself the whole time I was watching how they would take this story beyond one season.  I guess I was right.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Watched the Fyre Festival doc on Netflix last night..it was pretty good. I understand there is also one out on Hulu that the promoter was paid to be on, but one is enough.

Did you watch this because you just saw something about it on the news?   I never heard of this fesitval before, but I saw something about it and put it on my watchlist.

58 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Did you watch this because you just saw something about it on the news?   I never heard of this fesitval before, but I saw something about it and put it on my watchlist.

No, I watched last night as my wife was watching the Va  Tech/NC game, it was a blowout, and  i was bored to tears, so went upstairs and this was on one of the tabs first LOL. I am easily persuaded! I started watching this Sex Education thing too cause it was first int he list!!!!!

I remember the festival and the fiasco that it was, did not have a clue they made a documentary about it, let alone 2.

Having said that, I did see a piece on these today.. I am guessing on the CBS morning news

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Dan Patrick talked about this show today on his show, and said it's incredible. I may have to check it out.

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Hitting the wayback machine here.......I just found a Canadian show called "Corner Gas" on Prime. Easy watching, simple. I find it funny but I'm also simple......

There were alot of Canadian celebrity cameos in the show. I want to say they had something like 8 seasons of it, then a movie, and now it's back on a second season but as an animated show. Almost all of the main cast is back doing voices except for Emma, Brent's mom, cause she passed away a few years ago.

It's funny, his dad Leroy was a popular actor on an 80s Canadian lawyer show called where he was a serious actor. Also Brent and Wanda are married in real life.

Some of the actors went on after the show to star in others but they didnt last. Brent and Wanda went on to a show where she was a child story book writer with anger problems and he was her life coach. Hank went on to another show where he was a bartender in a small town who was elected mayor. Neither really last or where that great.

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

No, I watched last night as my wife was watching the Va  Tech/NC game, it was a blowout, and  i was bored to tears, so went upstairs and this was on one of the tabs first LOL. I am easily persuaded! I started watching this Sex Education thing too cause it was first int he list!!!!!

I remember the festival and the fiasco that it was, did not have a clue they made a documentary about it, let alone 2.

Having said that, I did see a piece on these today.. I am guessing on the CBS morning news

I just heard about it on the news today too, a caterer had a go fund me page set up to help her recover lost money from helping to feed everyone that showed up.

I dont remember anything about this though....