Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Someone mentioned Jim and Andy. Very good!

I just finished Wormwood. It’s very good. Especially if you’ve ever done acid or like gov’t conspiracies. Paging  Deranged Rhino!  

I was just checking out the preview to Wormwood the other night..........my wife wants no part in watching it, but i think i'm going to check it out. I guess my wife just doesn't appreciate our younger days when we used to drop some wild A-bomb and just see wherever the day/night took us.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:58 PM, /dev/null said:

Black Mirror gets alot of love but it's over hyped IMO

It's okay Sci-Fi but far from a modern Twilight Zone

Episode 1 of S4 was really freaking good, IMO.  Looking forward to the rest of the season.  Seems similar to twilight zone to me, but I’m not a big TZ guy.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Black Mirror gets alot of love but it's over hyped IMO

It's okay Sci-Fi but far from a modern Twilight Zone

I think it is on par with the Twilight Zone.   There were a lot of TZ's that were not that good at the time.  Watching a TZ marathon might convince you of this.   Then there were some that will never be beat, such as "To Serve Man."  

7 hours ago, Sweats said:

I was just checking out the preview to Wormwood the other night..........my wife wants no part in watching it, but i think i'm going to check it out. I guess my wife just doesn't appreciate our younger days when we used to drop some wild A-bomb and just see wherever the day/night took us.

Wormwood is very good. Really enjoy the way it is told.

@Deranged Rhino

1 hour ago, Richmond_Bills said:

Watched the first several episodes of Shameless.  A bit all over the place, but entertaining none the less.  A lot of T & A.  

Oh, Shameless rules!  I can’t wait for the next season to come out.  The wife and I binge watched all of them over 2 weeks of the summer.  Such a great show.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:44 AM, Nervous Guy said:

I'm through 4 episodes...His character is really enigmatic...don't know if I like him or hate him!  Not even sure I understand him!

I recently watched the whole season.  Check back in after you finish the whole season.  I'm interested to hear what you think of S1. 

53 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I recently watched the whole season.  Check back in after you finish the whole season.  I'm interested to hear what you think of S1. 

I am also interested to hear both of your thoughts on S1 of Godless.  Like I posted earlier, I didn’t really enjoy the show until around episode 4 or 5, but the last few were outstanding, IMO.  The finale left me, well, I don’t want to spoil anything...

Hurry up NG!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I am also interested to hear both of your thoughts on S1 of Godless.  Like I posted earlier, I didn’t really enjoy the show until around episode 4 or 5, but the last few were outstanding, IMO.  The finale left me, well, I don’t want to spoil anything...

Hurry up NG!!

I loved it!!  Just finished last night.  Apart from that bizarro and unlikely gunfight with the bad guys and the gals...I thought the characters we're all really well developed and interesting.  Good writing and a great story...the finale made me want to know what was going to happen with everyone, sadly I read there will be no further episodes.

Just now, Nervous Guy said:

I loved it!!  Just finished last night.  Apart from that bizarro and unlikely gunfight with the bad guys and the gals...I thought the characters we're all really well developed and interesting.  Good writing and a great story...the finale made me want to know what was going to happen with everyone, sadly I read there will be no further episodes.

I was wondering about future seasons, but the way it ended, it didn’t seem like there were any loose ends or anything to be expanded upon.  I loved how seeming aloof Frank Griffin was at the end during the gun fight.  Was he completely nuts, or did he really think he had a premonition about the specifics of his death?  Or a little bit of both.  Guess he was wrong.  Again, excellent job by Jeff Daniels in that role.  What a villain!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was wondering about future seasons, but the way it ended, it didn’t seem like there were any loose ends or anything to be expanded upon.  I loved how seeming aloof Frank Griffin was at the end during the gun fight.  Was he completely nuts, or did he really think he had a premonition about the specifics of his death?  Or a little bit of both.  Guess he was wrong.  Again, excellent job by Jeff Daniels in that role.  What a villain!

The first episode planted such a good hook.  I had all but lost interest by the end.  I was expecting something bigger to be revealed.  I think it was all pretty pointless.

Alright, so i have to give an update on a Netflix series that i recently praised on here. The series is Rectify.........this dude is falsely accused of killing someone and finally get released from death row after 19 yrs. and tries to readjust to society..........you see? That's a damn good premise for a show.

My wife and i have been binge watching it lately. There's like 4 season and the first 2 season are slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as they do character development. Well, we started in on seasons 3 and 4 and holy shiza, they are just as slow.

The series was rated as a mystery/thriller and i'll tell you thats a downright lie cause its a friggin drama........and did i mention how slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww it was?

I'm not saying its all bad cause its a pretty good series, but imagine watching nothing............okay, just nothing and a whole lot of nothing.

Nothing happens............ever.

You get to the point where you actually loathe the characters and hope they get picked off one by one by a disgruntled postal employee.

Christ, is it slow.

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Alias Grace - I highly recommend it. It's slow-paced though so if you want action watch one of the Marvel series.

I think that's next on the list for me.  Just finished "The Crown" season 2 last night and that's definitely not action packed, but very good nonetheless....

On 12/28/2017 at 6:23 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Always is.      Haven’t seen him since he was a killer in Dexter.  

Michael C Hall makes an appearance in season 2 as well...

On 12/25/2017 at 3:34 PM, DC Tom said:

Mindhunter is pretty good.  Highly fictionalized...but the Edmund Kemper scenes throughout were pretty spooky.

Binge-watching Daredevil now (side note: this flu going around gives you lots of time to binge-watch.  But don't get it.)  There's actually quite a bit about it that I don't care for, but it has some truly excellent visual and sound production work.  

absolutely loved mindhunter.  loved it.

i'm only a couple of episodes in, but the german show Dark seem to be pretty fantastic.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:26 AM, LeGOATski said:

Dark was good.

If you're really into time-travel stories, it's excellent. 

It's German, though, with English voice-overs. I usually hate that. I want to hear their real voices and I'll gladly read the subtitles. I got over it pretty fast for this show, however. It's good.

Jim and Andy is great.

It's a documentary on about Carrey playing the role of Andy Kaufman. They're both crazy.

same here with dark.  i'd much rather read the subtitles.  i wasn't sure if there was an option to do that, but i just ended up getting used to it.