Bills at Patriots* - 2nd Half Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Denver, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Indy, KC, the 1st NE game, this NE game, were all games the offensive playcalling was very good, but the execution was bad. 

Even in the wins where we had quite a bit of points, Tyrod screwed up execution after being gifted turnover after turnover, resulting in FGs. It was the sheer amount of turnovers that overcame that, but when you are gifted the ball in opponent's territory, then can't even get a single first down, resulting in a FG, that's execution. 

We've had people open deep, over the middle, on the sidelines, etc. in so many of those plays but Tyrod crumbles in the moment. The KC game was a shining example, when we had to get a 1st down in Chiefs territory, had a wide open O'leary, and Tyrod throws it at the ground. O'leary has to dive to the ground to make the catch, 2 yards short of the 1st, instead of being able to run for 15+ yards after the catch in an open field. 

We gave the ball back to the Chiefs with a few mins left & a chance to win the game instead of putting the game away. Thankfully the defense held, but that's on them. Tyrod did what he always does & failed to execute a perfect play call. 

Show me. Give me specific situations and play calls that Dennison has made. 

And btw, a good play call here and there does not a good coordinator make. 

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 87168 said:

I said offense. They were one of the highest ranked offenses in the league last year. Oh you're ignoring the fact. Ohhh you're placing 100 percent of the offense's regression on the QB, not the change in coaching and their decisions. Got it. Carry on.

Top ten scoring last season.  Taylor has a hand in that.  

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Top ten scoring last season.  Taylor has a hand in that.  

Which is my point.... Haha wow, I just don't see how people don't see the change in coaching as playing a huge role.

Edited by 87168

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

I said offense. They were one of the highest ranked offenses in the league last year. Oh you're ignoring the fact. Ohhh you're placing 100 percent of the offense's regression on the QB, not the change in coaching and their decisions. Got it. Carry on.

those offensive numbers last year were skewed.   most of Tyrods numbers came in garbage time,  and the run O was #1 partially due to Tyrod running every 3rd snap he took.   how many wins did the offense actually earn?    our defense was terrible and yet if the offense got more than a touchdown behind,  the game was over,  much like this year.

all i remember about last years offense was  shady  playing great,  no passing game,  3 and outs if opposing defenses made Tyrod be a passing QB.  kinda like this year.

Just now, bigduke6 said:

those offensive numbers last year were skewed.   most of Tyrods numbers came in garbage time,  and the run O was #1 partially due to Tyrod running every 3rd snap he took.   how many wins did the offense actually earn?    our defense was terrible and yet if the offense got more than a touchdown behind,  the game was over,  much like this year.

all i remember about last years offense was  shady  playing great,  no passing game,  3 and outs if opposing defenses made Tyrod be a passing QB.  kinda like this year.

Skewed? They were a top ten scoring offense, period.

Just now, BigDingus said:

F-off. 

I've put in more than enough leg work to show over & over again, search through my posts. I'm not spending the rest of my day teaching you football.

Show yourself.

Haha, that’s what I thought.

That one play, ya know, where TT missed an open O’leary, that mean Dennison is a good OC...

i love how how you just ignore his absolute ****ty play calls and designs. This is why no one can have a discussion with you about it. You don’t know enough about play calls.

Heres some advice, very few people here are saying TT is any good. He blows. But maybe, just maybe learn something about play calls. Learn something about route combinations. Learn something about situational play calls. Those don’t just change with a new QB. 

Anyways, I’m done. There is no discussion with you.

16 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Serious question: are you mentally handicapped?

We needed to win the game to stay in the playoff race (yes, I know we're still technically alive)

You go for it - it's one yard. You don't get, the Pats have it at the 32.

You miss the FG - Pats have it at the 40.

You make the FG, you are still down by 4, have to stop the Pats, and need a TD to win.

What don't you get?  

Domdab is mentally handicapped.

7 minutes ago, peterpan said:

You can't say that.  It was 13-13 at half but should have been 20-10.  Then the Pats first drive of the 2nd they are awarded a first down after being stopped on 4th.  It would have been 23-10 at that point, bills ball at the 40, and it's a COMPLETELY different game.......

Momentum is a funny thing, but it’s real. We will never know haw that game might have turned out had it been properly officiated. They were atrocious. If it takes 10 minutes to overturn a call, it’s NOT CONCLUSIVE. They tried too hard to make that work. 

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

What teams did he do well against? The bad ones? What good teams did he beat in 2016? None.

Want proof?

Knock yourself out.  discount the victories, highlight the defeats and sit there and feel great.  I will be watching other games.  Taylor was an average QB last year.  

27 minutes ago, DaBills51 said:

The offense is on pace for around 400 yards of offense today on the road. Taylor didn't turn it over and had a TD dropped. Was he great? Obviously not, but he was good enough for where the position is at in this league. Watch other games. 

He's thrown the ball downfield today. Thrown to receivers (over 150 to WRs). Has more yards passing on the day than Brady.

The offense sucked in the red zone today, and the refs were a joke. This wasn't a terrible performance by any standard on offense or defense. 

Excuses  the defenders love them. 1 more game just 1 more game