CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

10 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Every scientist says masks...accept that they have a big effect...really simple.

Scientists are not part of the great conspiracy around the globe to overthrow trump.

trump has now put the economy in danger with another potential shutdown. Isn't Caputo proof enough that the advise trump accepts is ridiculous and radical...please, a virus will just disappear!? 

Agree, the nursing homes in NY are not on trump, but he did not lead he has flip flopped for 6 months, misled his peeps, overruled science, and promised the virus would just disappear...when do you question this type of logic? 200,000 deaths, 300,000 deaths, it does not go away...this enemy does not give up. 

What does he did not lead? Do you think a mask mandate would be leading? What specifically should he have done? If you come up with one concrete example you will be the first and I have asked many here and in real life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What does he did not lead? Do you think a mask mandate would be leading? What specifically should he have done? If you come up with one concrete example you will be the first and I have asked many here and in real life. 

Yes masks support is leadership, not calling his experts idiots, yes showing restraint by not holding indoor rallies violating state laws would be leadership, yes encouraging distancing across the country would be leadership, yes consistent messages would be leadership, yes leaving the blue red position out of the fight against the virus would be leadership, treating all citizens regardless of who their governor is, or who their mayor is would be leadership, taking the high road would be leadership, yes treating all citizens as equals in this fight would be leadership, etc etc etc....how many more.

Do you even know what leadership looks like. This is not the time to blame Obama, or Hill, or whomever....just friggin lead all citizens, rise above....that is LEADERSHIP. trump has no idea how to lead...he us the Rex Ryan of politicians , all friggin mouth.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

all this based on the fact he knew in March

1) Established a national test and testing strategy, with a consistent CT of 30 or less. We would have at least 43% less "cases" , and the "casedemic" would not still be causing lockdowns in the economy and schools closed etc.

2) His "commision" should have included high level Democratic representation. Would take the politics out of it, and now the Democrats would also be tied to the actions taken.

3) Funded and stocked the PPE national stockpile to every extent possible and coordinate a national distribution plan..single buyer would have prevented states bidding against each other.

4) Establish national standards for reporting of data consistent across all states. If we want to drive response by science, the data needs to be pristine as possible , and it is garbage now. National standard would prevent the case escalation and death laundering we have going on now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Yes masks support is leadership, not calling his experts idiots, yes showing restraint by not holding indoor rallies violating state laws would be leadership, yes encouraging distancing across the country would be leadership, yes consistent messages would be leadership, yes leaving the blue red position out of the fight against the virus would be leadership, treating all citizens regardless of who their governor is, or who their mayor is would be leadership, taking the high road would be leadership, yes treating all citizens as equals in this fight would be leadership, etc etc etc....how many more.

Do you even know what leadership looks like. This is not the time to blame Obama, or Hill, or whomever....just friggin lead all citizens, rise above....that is LEADERSHIP. trump has no idea how to lead...he us the Rex Ryan of politicians , all friggin mouth.

You are funny, all your "specifics" are general ideas except for the rally. He encouraged social distancing in March as NYC encouraged people to get out. He gave much more help to NYC than any other area, and Cuomo agreed to that back in early April before he realized he killed so many. But you did give me one, the indoor rally.

What are even talking about here anymore? The virus is nowhere close to the runaway train that people predicted. Over half the country has remained virtually untouched by a contagious disease we have no cure for. I think people have gotten BORED with the whole thing. I know I am. 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

1) Established a national test and testing strategy, with a consistent CT of 30 or less. We would have at least 43% less "cases" , and the "casedemic" would not still be causing lockdowns in the economy and schools closed etc.

2) His "commision" should have included high level Democratic representation. Would take the politics out of it, and now the Democrats would also be tied to the actions taken.

3) Funded and stocked the PPE national stockpile to every extent possible and coordinate a national distribution plan..single buyer would have prevented states bidding against each other.

4) Establish national standards for reporting of data consistent across all states. If we want to drive response by science, the data needs to be pristine as possible , and it is garbage now. National standard would prevent the case escalation and death laundering we have going on now.

I want you to show me what you are talking about in topic one?  That first line is absurd, that almost half the cases could have been prevented with more testing. Also as for the 4th one, here in FL the media made a hero of a liberal who was posting inaccurate info because it made Trump look bad. Her entire job was to report confirmed cases and she intentionally reported those along with the suspected cases, got fired and then praised by the media. Also NY has lost so much data about who dies where the info would be garbage 

CNN Defends Not Fact-Checking Joe Biden, It's Alternate Reality Material

Last night, Joe Biden took the stage for a “town hall” with CNN. I put the description in scare quotes because it was anything but an honest event with normal citizens. Meanwhile, not once throughout the night did CNN “fact-check” Biden’s many lies, misstatements, and outright ridiculousness (for example, at one point, Biden claimed Trump could have saved every person who died of COVID).

The liberal network was ready with their excuse, though. Brian Stelter’s pet, Oliver Darcy, ran cover via his newsletter in what can only be called pure propaganda on his part.

Here’s the reason he claims they don’t fact-check Biden or treat him as tough as Donald Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I want you to show me what you are talking about in topic one?  That first line is absurd, that almost half the cases could have been prevented with more testing. Also as for the 4th one, here in FL the media made a hero of a liberal who was posting inaccurate info because it made Trump look bad. Her entire job was to report confirmed cases and she intentionally reported those along with the suspected cases, got fired and then praised by the media. Also NY has lost so much data about who dies where the info would be garbage 

Herein lies the problem to this whole thing, not enough people reading and truly understanding the issues. Not a tirade again you, but you assumed this was an anti trump post, and it is anything but. What states he could have done different would not have affected the course of the virus, but the ability for places like CNN to the states to manipulate data and use scare tactics. 

now, for what you ask. Please read the attached NY times article. It is such a critical piece to understand how flawed our testing is   across the board. A national standard in CT rates would have prevented this. Trump screwed the pooch here, and it is costing all of us with “ cases” that would not be there if he set a national standard. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

or this form the Star Tribune 

https://m.startribune.com/broad-covid-19-testing-under-microscope/572396572/

again, neither source exactly pro Trump. 

Trump could have owned this, set a national standard, and our cases, and logicaly deaths from Covid, would be sharply lower. 

and in terms of data, you make my point. There is no national standard. He could have owned that as well, and we would not have half the current deaths being laundered from weeks or even months again. Please follow Ethical Skeptic on Twitter if you have not. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

These are all valid points, and the Administration could have done more to spur a more consistent response, especially early on with a centralized clearinghouse & purchasing of PPE.   But in reality, we don't know how it would have worked if Trump had been more forceful with a federally mandated strategy.  We know that the Covid commission exists and it held regular sessions with the state officials.  The ugly politics of 2020 insured that there would have been very low compliance with a federal mandate anyway.

To me the analogy is blaming the parents for not being around when the kids have a wild party.  That's not a good look for the parent (Trump), but what does that say about the elected officials at the state levels, to whom Trump abdicated the responsibility?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, B-Man said:

my old friend @Bob in Mich made the case that Trumps lies were way more liarly than other politician's lie lies.  It was funny then and funny now.  It went like this:

Me: Nu'uh.

BiM: Uh, yuh.

Me: Don't think so.

BiM: Fa sho.

Me:  Get over yourself.

BiM: No, you get over YOURself!

I think we both felt better after the airing of grievances.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

These are all valid points, and the Administration could have done more to spur a more consistent response, especially early on with a centralized clearinghouse & purchasing of PPE.   But in reality, we don't know how it would have worked if Trump had been more forceful with a federally mandated strategy.  We know that the Covid commission exists and it held regular sessions with the state officials.  The ugly politics of 2020 insured that there would have been very low compliance with a federal mandate anyway.

To me the analogy is blaming the parents for not being around when the kids have a wild party.  That's not a good look for the parent (Trump), but what does that say about the elected officials at the state levels, to whom Trump abdicated the responsibility?

Since Easter Trump has been saying "open up safely." We are still locked down in many parts of the country. Why? Because Governors, County Executives and Mayors are the ones who decide what happens locally (abdicated my ass... "literally Hitler" followed the ***** law). Licensing and fines are prevalent on people who simply want to open for business to feed their families.  We are so far removed from "two weeks to flatten the curve" it is not funny.  And that is because the rule of law was followed allowing the true despots, the local and state government, to rule over the serfs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are funny, all your "specifics" are general ideas except for the rally. He encouraged social distancing in March as NYC encouraged people to get out. He gave much more help to NYC than any other area, and Cuomo agreed to that back in early April before he realized he killed so many. But you did give me one, the indoor rally.

Your view of what trump has said is typical of one defending how the Titanic was built.

Giving help is not leadership, it is duty...what the frig would you say if he didn't give help to NYC....he may say one day to social distance then do the opposite and reverse he position.

Just face it, you do not have to publically say it, but trump is a total failure in this pandemic 

• Like (+1) 1