CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Totally get that the partisan operatives are going to partisan operate, so to speak.  But not all of the "journalists" that believe objectivity is passe come out of the political ranks.

And further, one of the (if not the) best talking head of the last 20-30 years was Tim Russert who was Chief of Staff for Moynahan and also had held a high ranking position as an advisor in Mario Cuomo's regime.  He'd hold everybody's feet to the fire regardless of affiliation.  We need more like him, regardless of their background.

Those days are long gone my friend. They’ve gone full advocacy mode now! They’re not even pretending. The success of Fox News put a nail in the coffin of impartiality.  Conservatives no longer had to listen to badly veiled spin masquerading as news.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Those days are long gone my friend. They’ve gone full advocacy mode now! They’re not even pretending. The success of Fox News put a nail in the coffin of impartiality.  Conservatives no longer had to listen to badly veiled spin masquerading as news.

Fox always has the liberal view widely presented 

they often make a lot of sense when they use their brains and stop ranting

Just now, row_33 said:

Fox always has the liberal view widely presented 

they often make a lot of sense when they use their brains and stop ranting

Never said they didn’t. But Fox thrived because they offered viewers a more conservative alternative. In reaction to that success the major outlets dropped all remaining pretense and went ‘all in’ on what used to be an underlying liberal bias. No need to hide it any longer. The gloves came off!

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Never said they didn’t. But Fox thrived because they offered viewers a more conservative alternative. In reaction to that success the major outlets dropped all remaining pretense and went ‘all in’ on what used to be an underlying liberal bias. No need to hide it any longer. The gloves came off!

But TDS intellectuals refuse to believe left opinions are stated prominently on Fox

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

But TDS intellectuals refuse to believe left opinions are stated prominently on Fox

...could credibility, viability or counter proposals, constructive and potentially considered as a legitimate merit based alternative be a consideration?....sure...are there any albeit "major giveaways to buy votes" as unfunded wet dreams?....your call.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...could credibility, viability or counter proposals, constructive and potentially considered as a legitimate merit based alternative be a consideration?....sure...are there any albeit "major giveaways to buy votes" as unfunded wet dreams?....your call.......

Some of us were STEM students where we had to meet a standard of excellence and exams were marked on our accuracy 

and others danced around a maypole and wrote 80 pages of total BS for essays exams and then snivelled they deserved an A and complained the whole time, and worse went to law or journalism school after

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Some of us were STEM students where we had to meet a standard of excellence and exams were marked on our accuracy 

and others danced around a maypole and wrote 80 pages of total BS for essays exams and then snivelled they deserved an A and complained the whole time, and worse went to law or journalism school after

....just repulsive my friend......

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

So were you the May Queen?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So were you the May Queen?

Accounting fell somewhere in between, engineers in my residence would rant and rave at the concept of people on campus spending their whole day out of class and protesting (South Africa was the topic in my day) and not studying

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Accounting fell somewhere in between, engineers in my residence would rant and rave at the concept of people on campus spending their whole day out of class and protesting (South Africa was the topic in my day) and not studying

I remember a big celebration in on campus over the 1990 election in Nicaragua.  

You wouldn't think a bunch of Manhattan Jews would be that excited about the Sandinistas losing the election...but damn if they weren't...

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

You have to remember that almost all of the left wing opinions on Fox now come from paid ‘performers’. Almost no liberal politicians appear on the network anymore. These performers are simply playing a part. Making money on the side to be a token punching bag. Good work if you can get it. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You have to remember that almost all of the left wing opinions on Fox now come from paid ‘performers’. Almost no liberal politicians appear on the network anymore. These performers are simply playing a part. Making money on the side to be a token punching bag. Good work if you can get it. 

Last time I watched Fox was the Ferguson brouhaha.  They had a good bipartisan panel discussion going on - passionate, but respectful - while CNN was providing coverage of CNN's reporters talking about CNN.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are asking a lot of TV to expect what you want

The Reagan Admin was filled with brilliant people and WW2 brass, made for excellent discussions all the way around, same for Papa Bush

this all died the second Carville was everywhere, screaming and interrupting without realizing the other person often agreed with him

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Last time I watched Fox was the Ferguson brouhaha.  They had a good bipartisan panel discussion going on - passionate, but respectful - while CNN was providing coverage of CNN's reporters talking about CNN.

My point is that there’s a slow evolution of ‘news’. The left was quietly hiding their bias so few knew it was even happening (just like the saying about boiling a frog). Fox comes on the scene and sucks viewership away by the millions...and rightly so. This then opens the lane for the so called MSM to drive hard to the rim with a full on left wing assault. Guys like Tibs buy it all because he remembers the day when those old school networks were reliable. He can’t fathom a world where CNN wouldn’t be the ‘most trusted name in news’ or where Walter Cronkite was forced to light his hair on fire every week just to get attention in a crowded room of talking heads.

45 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hard to remember the last time I turned on Fox News. If you eliminate Brett Baier, it's just CNN without the airport audience. In fact, if you eliminate the time I spent watching the Dem debates recently, the last time my TV was turned to any news station was election night when Trump beat Hillary. 

And even then I turned to MSBNC, because let's be honest...watching those assclowns schitt their diapers for two hours was literally more fun than watching Plaxico Burress catch a SB-winning Eli Manning TD pass with the Patriots* logo under his feet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I wonder if CNN will provide coverage of CNN reporters being called Fredo?

Edited by Ralonzo
link to video
  • Like (+1) 2

There is a delineation between hard news reporters and opinion/commentators on Fox while that is not true on CNN & MSNBC. Fox brings on Democrats often. The real leftists will not come on Fox because they know their ideas cannot stand up to any hard questioning. They need the softballs they'll get from CNN & MSNBC.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

There is a delineation between hard news reporters and opinion/commentators on Fox while that is not true on CNN & MSNBC. Fox brings on Democrats often. The real leftists will not come on Fox because they know their ideas cannot stand up to any hard questioning. They need the softballs they'll get from CNN & MSNBC.

Bill O’Reilly was the last to bring on the total nut bags for some good back and forth

37 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Moron!!!! Sheepboy!! 

Edited by Q-baby!