What type of Bills fan are you?

BillsFan130

What type of Bills fan are you?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Bills fan are you?

• Homer (Rarely/never criticize the Bills, and always think they are going to win)
    • Optimistic (Usually think the bills are going to win and are happy with team)
    • Neutral (Not happy but not bitter. Will criticize when needed, but will praise when called for as well)
    • Pessimistic (Usually think they are going to lose, usually talk bad about the team, and expect bad things to happen)

When watching the games, or talking on this board, what type of fan are you?

I myself voted neutral as i will for sure criticize when needed, but will also give out praise when I think the Bills are doing a good job.

I will say I am a little more pessimistic in terms of watching the games though. I always think bad things are going to happen...

Edited by billsfan11

I'd say I am a casual fan. I'm not an expert on everything Bills. I learn a lot from this board and posters.  I wasn't around for the Superbowls so I wasn't spoiled or tainted by them. They have always been the underdog to me.

The reason I started following the Bills was because it was something me and my father could have in common and talk about. The Bills are about the only thing we can share interest in. 

What started as a tool for bonding turned into a love for the team. This happened around the St. Doug hire. I am actually emotionally impacted by the games and movements of the Bills. I check on the latest news and view every game. 

I feel a pride when I wear the gear. I jump off the couch yelling when a great play is made. I feel an ache when they lose games badly. When I see anyone in Bills gear I say let's go Buffalo. 

Although I'm not a long time fan or very knowledgeable like most here I think I feel the same connection to the team as they do now.

If I'm critical I try to keep it constructive. I don't want to just negatively bash my team. I stay hopeful every year but I love them win or lose. If wins we're all that mattered I wouldn't be a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

When watching the games, or talking on this board, what type of fan are you?

I myself voted neutral as i will for sure criticize when needed, but will also give out praise when I think the Bills are doing a good job.

I will say I am a little more pessimistic in terms of watching the games though. I always think bad things are going to happen...

My view of the Bills is pretty much the same as yours. I always expect them to lose so when they do win I'm especially happy and when they lose I'm not as disappointed. I never really get down on them.

Edited by The Monk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m neutral. Today, right now. 

I think it changes with the ebb and flow flow of the season. 

Usually super hopeful homer in the spring, and summer...

transition to neutral as the season gets rolling

usually pessimistic once post season contention is off of the table. 

Haha good answer 

Weekly routine:

Monday - this team sucks, we should be 4-12

Tuesday - this team sucks, but we're close to being something

Wednesday - If things go right, we could steal this one

Thursday - realistically, we have a shot

Friday - I have a good feeling about this week

Saturday - Who needs a LT, FB, (insert whoever is on the injury report) We play just as well without them.

Sunday morning - We are going to win

Sunday Halftime - I knew we'd win this

Sunday 4th quarter - What the F@#$ are we doing?  I hate this team.

• Haha (+1) 3

None of the above!  While trying to always be optimistic, That's just not possible. 

Been a fan since they began and have lived in:  Redskins country,  Bear country, Oilers country and Seahawk land.  Since there's nothing like being a Bills fan, I'm still here.  Buffalo is home, even though I left in 1970.

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely the pessimist...I wouldn’t wish being a Bills fan on my worst enemy...it is straight up torture and has surely taken several years off my life.  Unfortunately I’m in too deep and can’t turn back now for fear they will turn it around and I will miss it...that is literally the thread I am hanging by :D

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Manther said:

I am in between neutral and optimistic.  If you want to add that option I will vote.

So, maybe consciously optimistic,

That’s kind of how I feel. I went with neutral but with an optimistic lean. 

I think another way of looking at it is that I think that the Bills are better than most around the country would lead you to believe. Do you realize since the start of 2014 the Bills are 2 games over .500? I would bet that most casual NFL fans would think that they were about 10 games under in that span. The Bills are certainly viewed as a below-average team when they’ve actually been a little better for a while (or at least around average).

At the same time, based on the description I’d say neutral is fair. I will criticize when I see fit and praise when it is deserved. I try to be objective when discussing them. I’ve been called a hater and a homer on here. That probably means somewhere in the middle.

• Like (+1) 1