2018 NFL draft quarterback class primer: Everything you need to know

papazoid

If we can walk away with one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield I'll be very happy. They all look like they have a good shot at being successful NFL QBs.

Allen worries me big time. If he was 3 inches shorter he'd be nothing more than a late round pick. Picking guys solely off their potential and ignoring the game tape rarely, if ever, works out. 

8 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Agree.  Get a veteran and let Thorson (5th Round) and Peterman vie for backup.

I don't think "developing" another late round QB makes any sense.

Guys drafted after the 3rd round succeed like 5% of the time. The Bills need to take a real shot and get a guy very early. 

• Like (+1) 1

The draft order is actually playing out in the Bills favor right now.  Currently it goes Browns, Colts, Giants, 49ers, Browns.  Other than the Browns at 1 I could see all of those teams interested in trading out especially for a ransom.  Best hope would be Colts keep that 2 and Rosen and Darnold both come out.  It would be expensive but the pick could certainly be had and the Bills have the best ammo with 2 picks in the first THIS year.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

The draft order is actually playing out in the Bills favor right now.  Currently it goes Browns, Colts, Giants, 49ers, Browns.  Other than the Browns at 1 I could see all of those teams interested in trading out especially for a ransom.  Best hope would be Colts keep that 2 and Rosen and Darnold both come out.  It would be expensive but the pick could certainly be had and the Bills have the best ammo with 2 picks in the first THIS year.

How are the Colts second with 3 wins and the Giants third with 2 wins?

Giants currently have the # 2 spot.  If Rosen and Darnold are both not available, I don't believe Bills would be interested enough to move up for any of the remaining QBs.  I'm sure the Bills will take a QB, but it all depends on who they might be able to get as a FA as to when they see the value in the draft. I still think Smith is a good fit as KC and Bills offenses are very similar.  Will be an interesting off season

The thing about your QB room, there has to be somebody there who can actually play NOW.  So, what to do.....I am thinking TT at a discount unless a better option shows up.  (Bradford if he is ever healthy again, man can throw and QB, but, has lost more seasons that he has played.  And he got $16 mill to sit this year) And, yes, draft another QB........just don't go the trade up/Sammy watkins route...been there done that.........wouldn't want to do it again.

Edited by bigK14094

47 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If we can walk away with one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield I'll be very happy. They all look like they have a good shot at being successful NFL QBs.

Allen worries me big time. If he was 3 inches shorter he'd be nothing more than a late round pick. Picking guys solely off their potential and ignoring the game tape rarely, if ever, works out. 

I agree with your post but I like Rudolph as a chance to be here as well. IMO I like Mayfield but like Rudolph more.

I will do back flips and run down the street naked if we land Rosen. I would be very happy with Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield or Rudolph, please for the love of the Bills land one.

Edited by xRUSHx

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jeez.  A few different links have a few different things.   It looks like the majority have Cleveland, Giants, Colts, Browns, Niners.  At this point it all depends on if the Giants are going for QB of the future now or waiting.

11 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree with your post but I like Rudolph as a chance to be here as well. IMO I like Mayfield but like Rudolph more.

I will do back flips and run down the street naked if we land Rosen. I would be very happy with Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield or Rudolph, please for the love of the Bills land one.

I'm not a Rudolph fan. He's just a big guy with a big arm. I don't think his instincts as a football player are very good at all, otherwise he'd be in the discussion as a top pick because the raw tools are all very good. I don't see any "it" factor. 

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm not a Rudolph fan. He's just a big guy with a big arm. I don't think his instincts as a football player are very good at all, otherwise he'd be in the discussion as a top pick because the raw tools are all very good. I don't see any "it" factor. 

He reminds me of Rapeburger and with his stock lower a good chance for the Bills to grab without moving up. I think he has some of the  "it" factor, in fact I think he could end up a big steal of the draft. Just MO.

Edited by xRUSHx

Rosen to me looks and plays more like a true QB. Darnold needs time to be refined. Allen is such a wild card to me has all the measurables. Mayfield has proven to be a winner and a leader but lacks height. I want Rosen but, I can see any one of these being a good NFL qb. Lamar Jackson is another Tyrod clone and will probably be made a WR or RB in the NFL. Rudolph is definitely a decent second or third rd pickup. 

It is in my nature to swing for the fences, So if both Rosen and Darnold come out I would trade up for either.  If neither team listens than I am going for Allen.  He could be a bust but he is the most talent prospect in the draft.