The Best HS QB prospect Ever

Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

May I ask why bump this and not post in the NCG thread? A simple google search comes up with Trevor being the best high school player and that article was written a year and a half before you posted this? Deciding between Clemson and Georgia. 

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/nations-no-1-player-should-decide-very-soon-between-georgia-and-clemson/amp

Just seems a little disengious. 

So what. I was the first one on TBD to make a thread on him and did it because I got to see him at the Army All American game before he ever took a college snap

my post isn’t about the game it’s about Lawrence and this is a thread on Trevor Lawrence 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/7/2019 at 11:33 PM, Laughing Coffin said:

If Allen somehow has peaked and/or regresses we'll be in line in 2021 to select Trevor haha.  Allen will have had his 3 years and we'd likely move on from him in 2021

I hope Allen is the guy, if not we will be in a good position to draft Lawrence by then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 12:05 PM, Best Player Available said:

IDK, a remember living in a can't miss HS QB's area. He went undefeated in high  school. A typical Friday night game were blowouts. 40-6 type matchups. Read the boxscore every Saturday morning. He went on too the NFL. His name is Trent Edwrds. So these stories carry a little less weight these days at least for me. Wish the kid luck though. 

I still say Trent Edwards had the talent to play at a very high level in the NFL.  After the vicious hit he took in the Cards game he was just not the same player. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I still say Trent Edwards had the talent to play at a very high level in the NFL.  After the vicious hit he took in the Cards game he was just not the same player. 

I don’t think Trent ever had THAT kind of talent, but he could have made it, IMO. He was never the same after the head shot. My wife works with a really bright and talented guy who played ACC ball. He’s probably still in his 40’s, and he’s losing his ability to function up to what he has previously been capable of. He’s so young and lives a healthy lifestyle, all they can think of is CTE. Horribly sad. 

I’m glad my son missed a year with an ACL and passed on college ball. Not that everyone is damaged, but it just wasn’t worth the risk for my only son. 

On 12/20/2017 at 9:35 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I will be lucky enough to watch him play in the US Army All American Bowl.

He is already 6'6 with a laser quick release and the best pure passer I have ever seen from a 18 year old kid

kid had over 40 TDs and only 5 picks as a SOPHOMORE in 4A Georgia ball

Followed it up with 50TDs tossed and another 40+

My number 1 recruit in the country and a commit to the clemson tigers

Look for Trevor Lawrence to take the college football world by storm and become a superstar and probable top overall choice in 3 years 

the most complete QB I have ever seen at his age and it really isn't close. I gave him a 5* ranking after his Freshman year

If I had to describe him in one word- Cerebral 

If I had to describe his arm in one word- Electric 

This kid screams can't miss prospect 

Bust!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/20/2017 at 9:35 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I will be lucky enough to watch him play in the US Army All American Bowl.

He is already 6'6 with a laser quick release and the best pure passer I have ever seen from a 18 year old kid

kid had over 40 TDs and only 5 picks as a SOPHOMORE in 4A Georgia ball

Followed it up with 50TDs tossed and another 40+

My number 1 recruit in the country and a commit to the clemson tigers

Look for Trevor Lawrence to take the college football world by storm and become a superstar and probable top overall choice in 3 years 

the most complete QB I have ever seen at his age and it really isn't close. I gave him a 5* ranking after his Freshman year

If I had to describe him in one word- Cerebral 

If I had to describe his arm in one word- Electric 

This kid screams can't miss prospect 

Wow, respect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I disagree.  He was fools gold IMO.  That year was no big deal...we were 4-0 but he beat 3 of the literally worst teams in the NFL that year in Jax, Oak, and STL and the 4th team was below average too in Seattle.  

And in 3 of those losses, defensive TDs and ST TD's were the catalyst that won us the game.  Everyone dumped all the praise on Trent yet over those 4 games yet his numbers were MEH.  

230 yards passing per game, 4 TD's (1 in each game) and 2 INT's.  And this included games against 3 of the worst defenses and teams in the NFL that year.  He only broke 240 yards once, and had a game under 200 yards.

I was flamed non stop for saying that we would NOT make the playoffs even though we were 4-0 if Trent kept playing that way.  All anyone could see was 4-0 and crowned him the next king and based me over and over for suggesting he wasnt playing that good.  But all those people who were wrong about him then jumped on the "He wasnt the same after Cardinals game" as the excuse when he was exactly the same before and after the game.  In fact, his numbers actually got a litlte better AFTER the game than before the Cardinal game.  

Trent didn't survive because he wasnt that good, had nothing to do with the AZ hit.  He was a coward before and after the hit, didn't have a lot of physical gifts, and had poor field vision and would just look to check down all the time.  His game literally was the same, people just didn't see it because we won a few close game against bad teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.