Collusion: Anyone else experience this before in FF?

Captain Murica

So, recently I won my semi-final game to place me into the finals. I had Aaron Rodgers as my QB for that round, and was going to use him this week, but the Packers decided to play him on IR. I was fairly confident before going into the Finals I would probably win as my team has had an output of points that scored 30-40 points higher than the second best in the league throughout these past 2 weeks during the play-offs. I lost both my QBs, Wentz and Rodgers. (I've been lucky to have Shady, and Gurley as my running-backs along with having Thielen, Landry, and Goodwin as my WRs & Flex, with Kelce as my TE) 

I put in a claim for Nick Foles, seeing as the the teams fighting for 3rd place have Russell Wilson and Carr/Goff on their respectable teams. I was one spot ahead of my opponent for this week(whom also is the commissioner). I was fairly confident I would be able to pick him up. I come to find out a team that never made the play-offs and isn't even playing in the consolation round put in a claim and was able to claim him. They've both denied collusion; but this is why they're full of it. They live together as roommates, they're best friends, and the team whom picked up Nick Foles has Tom Brady as his QB currently and is on a Bye. The winner of the league gets $1200, and second place gets $600. Not bad for putting in $200, but still that's besides the point. I've already decided with my friend who got me into this league that we are starting our own next year with close friends and family only. 

Just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them ?

Edited by Captain Murica

5 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

So, recently I won my semi-final game to place me into the finals. I had Aaron Rodgers as my QB for that round, and was going to use him this week, but the Packers decided to play him on IR. I was fairly confident before going into the Finals I would probably win as my team has had an output of points that scored 30-40 points higher than the second best in the league throughout these past 2 weeks during the play-offs. I lost both my QBs, Wentz and Rodgers. (I've been lucky to have Shady, and Gurley as my running-backs along with having Thielen, Landry, and Goodwin as my WRs & Flex, with Kelce as my TE) 

I put in a claim for Nick Foles, seeing as the the teams fighting for 3rd place have Russell Wilson and Carr/Goff on their respectable teams. I was one spot ahead of my opponent for this week(whom also is the commissioner). I was fairly confident I would be able to pick him up. I come to find out a team that never made the play-offs and isn't even playing in the consolation round put in a claim and was able to claim him. They've both denied collusion; but this is why they're full of it. They live together as roommates, they're best friends, and the team whom picked up Nick Foles has Tom Brady as his QB currently and is on a Bye. The winner of the league gets $1200, and second place gets $600. Not bad for putting in $200, but still that's besides the point. I've already decided with my friend who got me into this league that we are starting our own next year with close friends and family only. 

Just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them ?

Yah of course it's happened before. Get out of that league and get into something where that is not acceptable. If a guy is able to block your waiver move on his own that's one thing, if he uses his pal to do it because he can't, that's gross. 

Karma says you will win anyways. 

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yah of course it's happened before. Get out of that league and get into something where that is not acceptable. If a guy is able to block your waiver move on his own that's one thing, if he uses his pal to do it because he can't, that's gross. 

Karma says you will win anyways. 

Yeah, meant like to someone personally I've heard stories. I've been playing FF for years, but never witnessed or had it happen to me. 

Yeah, I have no issue if he was able to block me on his own, that's strategy. He lost his kicker Zuerlein, so, I nabbed several kickers with my openings to block him. 

Just now, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, meant like to someone personally I've heard stories. I've been playing FF for years, but never witnessed or had it happen to me. 

Yeah, I have no issue if he was able to block me on his own, that's strategy. He lost his kicker Zuerlein, so, I nabbed several kickers with my openings to block him. 

Good luck!

I had something stupid in my league this year but I suppose it was accidental. My brother tried to throw a game in week 10 or so against me by taking out his defense for a MNF football game, supposedly he meant to put it back in but never did. 

I had him go through all the options during the game since he is commissioner and try to insert the defense but he was unable to. I uploaded all the texts into the discussion board and no one really got pissed or screwed because we both would have made playoffs anyways.

What it did do was the extra win made me the 3rd seed and him the 4th it would have been reversed had he not pulled that stupid ****. Week one of the playoffs he wins his matchup against a guy who scored 97 points, he had 111. I lost my matchup I scored 137 and the guy I played exploded for 149 standard scoring.

the night he called me and told me about "forgetting" to put his D back in I told him that karma was going to screw us up. I would have been in the finals and with an easy advantage as I stocked up matchups for playoffs.

I'm pretty sure he knows I'm pissed but w/e hopefully I win my 3rd place. 

A couple of years ago, there were two guys in our league that were "colluding"...making ridiculous one-sided deals once one of them was eliminated from contention, making really head-scratching line-up moves.  I think they thought nobody would really notice.  I felt bad, because one of the guys was somebody I invited into the league...he was a brother of another league member who passed away. He seemed like a great guy...when somebody else dropped out at the last minute, he invited this other friend to join.  We accepted them on good faith. 

When they were "confronted" by some other league members about their shady behavior, one of them get really defensive, and started sending nasty, crude messages to everyone...it was pretty bad. He would change his team name every week, making the names insults to other league members, and adding different, graphic logos. 

He accused me of "cheating" for using my roster move one week, to snatch a QB that my opponent would have most likely grabbed, as his full time starter got hurt.  I saw it as smart strategy, within the rules...he said it was cheating.  Back in those days, having never had an issue like that, our league was a little more lax about some things. 

Then, to top it off, I don't think either ever paid their dues...it was not a fun season.  Much better now!

Our only issue since has been people not bothering to set their lineups. One guy this year, had Trevor Simian as his starting QB for most of the season, even though he had been benched for weeks...not filling in roster spaces when his starters were on bye weeks..it is irritating, because, even if that person has lost interest, them, essentially, making their games a "gimmie" to all their opponents, affects playoff positioning.  I really enjoy playing, and put a good amount of time into it (probably too much), I just can't fathom why people would pay $100+ to play, and then not participate.  I am definitely going to propose that their be some sort of financial incentive be set up in our league to give people some incentive to not finish in last place.

We made a thing where the player with most points gets money to try and keep guys changing their lineups but obviously the guys who's teams are really made still have a tendency to not change their guys later in the year.

It does suck when they hand people games. Just keep an eye out for a lineup that hands out 3 or 4 wins then suddenly changes and screws someone out of a win. That's wrong.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:46 AM, Buftex said:

A couple of years ago, there were two guys in our league that were "colluding"...making ridiculous one-sided deals once one of them was eliminated from contention, making really head-scratching line-up moves.  I think they thought nobody would really notice.  I felt bad, because one of the guys was somebody I invited into the league...he was a brother of another league member who passed away. He seemed like a great guy...when somebody else dropped out at the last minute, he invited this other friend to join.  We accepted them on good faith. 

When they were "confronted" by some other league members about their shady behavior, one of them get really defensive, and started sending nasty, crude messages to everyone...it was pretty bad. He would change his team name every week, making the names insults to other league members, and adding different, graphic logos. 

He accused me of "cheating" for using my roster move one week, to snatch a QB that my opponent would have most likely grabbed, as his full time starter got hurt.  I saw it as smart strategy, within the rules...he said it was cheating.  Back in those days, having never had an issue like that, our league was a little more lax about some things. 

Then, to top it off, I don't think either ever paid their dues...it was not a fun season.  Much better now!

Our only issue since has been people not bothering to set their lineups. One guy this year, had Trevor Simian as his starting QB for most of the season, even though he had been benched for weeks...not filling in roster spaces when his starters were on bye weeks..it is irritating, because, even if that person has lost interest, them, essentially, making their games a "gimmie" to all their opponents, affects playoff positioning.  I really enjoy playing, and put a good amount of time into it (probably too much), I just can't fathom why people would pay $100+ to play, and then not participate.  I am definitely going to propose that their be some sort of financial incentive be set up in our league to give people some incentive to not finish in last place.

Yup, one of the guys that dislikes me for no reason,  has been doing the same thing. Besides telling him fully relying on Brady to carry his team was not a smart move (in week1) which wasn't an insult when you think about it. He literally called me an idiot for doubting Brady, and attempted to insult my football acumen there after that in group chat. 

He's been changing his name all week, and colluded with the commissioner/roommate to take Foles from me this past Wednesday. Still ended up winning quite convincingly against the Commissioner. 

ffloser.png

ffchamp.png

Edited by Captain Murica

On 12/21/2017 at 12:20 PM, Commonsense said:

We made a thing where the player with most points gets money to try and keep guys changing their lineups but obviously the guys who's teams are really made still have a tendency to not change their guys later in the year.

It does suck when they hand people games. Just keep an eye out for a lineup that hands out 3 or 4 wins then suddenly changes and screws someone out of a win. That's wrong.

Yeah, in one of my other leagues which was a 14 man league(standard scoring :(), we made it so the first 5 get in due to W-L record, but the 6th gets in whomever has the most points out of the 9 that didn't get in with a top 5 seeding. 

Which is great because we had someone whom scored the 3rd most points in the entire league but had the most points against by 200+ points on to the next closest person. Had an overall record of 5-8 but made it to third place, if that didn't happened he would have finished 12th. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.