Who Was The Best Reporter On The Bills Beat in 2017?

BuffaloRush

Who Was The Best Reporter On The Bills Beat in 2017?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was The Best Reporter On The Bills Beat in 2017?

• John Warrow - Associated Press
    • Joe Buscaglia - WKBW TV
    • Vic Carucci - The Buffalo News
    • Jay Skurski - The Buffalo News
    • Matthew Fairburn - Syracuse.com
    • "Good Old" Mike Rodak - ESPN
    • Sal Maiorana - Democrat and Chronicle
    • Mark Ludwiczak - Bills Digest
    • Sal Capaccio - WGR 550 AM
    • Chris Brown -- BuffaloBills.com
    • OTHER - Reporter not on the list

It's poll time.  The last poll that I conducted focused on Sean McDermott's approval rating through Week 14 of the NFL season.  Shockingly, he received almost a 91% approval rating from the folks here at Two Bills Drive.  Mind you, this was largely before the Miami victory.

So now I'm starting a new poll.  Let's face it, we get a large part of our news from the reporters who follow the Bills beat.  Over time there are certain "go-to" reporters, others that occasionally give good info, and maybe even a few that you can't stand.  So the question in - who is the best Bills reporter?  

For this poll, there's too many different reporters in television, radio, print/web for one poll.  I know I'll probably leave someone out but what I want to do is to throw out the more well-known reporters and see who TBD favors the most.  Keep in mind the different between a beat reporter that covers one area (i.e. The Bills) and a columnist or sports anchor who covers multiple topics or teams This poll will focus on just the beat reporters.   Also I'm not counting any of the Bills bloggers, because while some provide excellent insight, they really aren't covering the team in person as a member of the media.

As for my vote - this is a tough call.  So many great choice to choose from.  For me it's between Sal Maiorana, Sal Capaccio, Vic Carucci, and Joe Buscaglia.  So for 2017, I am going to vote for Joe Buscaglia.  I've really enjoyed his coverage and the podcast that he drops every Sunday after the Bills game.

So waiting to hear - who are your favorites?

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Jerry is a columnist for the Buffalo News.  He is not a beat reporter.  That's why I left him off the list

He's also an overbearing blowhard, but we all have weeds in our garden I suppose. Oh yeah, I liked Fariburn. Works hard and is straight up.

Edited by Green Lightning

My vote is for Joe B.

He has original content of his own. He live-streamed camp from his phone. He is not a fan - boy or a Bills basher. And he works hard and is funny sometimes.

Wait, am I in love with Joe B? Hmm. Nawww. But I might be if he was a woman =)

7 hours ago, bbb said:

Kimberley Martin

The best 2 months of Bills coverage and commentary from a new Buffalo News reporter of the year!

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

Warrow, hands down.

Warrow is a terrific reporter---a REAL reporter, who could probably write about most anything. I haven't read many Bills stories from him, this year. But he gets my vote, anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1