DROY: Tre White nominated. Award presented tonight at 9pm NBC

YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...

The full PFWA All-Rookie team:

Offense

• QB – Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
  • RB – Kareem Hunt, Kansas City Chiefs; Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints
  • WR – Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams; Juju Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • TE – Evan Engram, New York Giants
  • C – Pat Elflein, Minnesota Vikings
  • G – Dan Feeney, Los Angeles Chargers; Jermaine Eluemunor, Baltimore Ravens, and Ethan Pocic, Seattle Seahawks (tie)
  • T – Garett Bolles, Denver Broncos; Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans Saints

Defense

• DL – Derek Barnett, Philadelphia Eagles; Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns; Carl Lawson, Cincinnati Bengals; Dalvin Tomlinson, New York Giants
  • LB – Jarrad Davis, Detroit Lions; Reuben Foster, San Francisco 49ers; T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • CB – Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans Saints; Tre’Davious White, Buffalo Bills
  • S – Jamal Adams, New York Jets; Marcus Williams, New Orleans Saints
Edited by YoloinOhio

On 1/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, GunnerBill said:

I think Barnwell is a little harsh there to say White has been "above average" I think he has been better than "above average" he has been a top 10 corner and in most years would be an absolute shoe in for DROTY.  I just think Lattimore has been the best corner in the NFL this year (I'd put it between him and the two guys we are going to play on Sunday but I think Lattimore has faced superior competition in terms of opposing QBs and receivers) and doing that as a rookie is DROTY form for me regardless of whether he missed 3 and a half games or not.  He is going to be a generational player. 

The Bills are still an after thought when It  comes to the main stream sports media.   

If we had a potent offense we might have seen more recognition.   

imo

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 5:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

I agree with this.  My scouting notes on Lattimore said "the next Darrelle Revis".  I have seen nothing to change my mind.  Yes his propensity to get nicked up will be mentioned and is a fair concern.  But when he is on the field he is the best defensive player out there, every single snap.  

I love Tre too.  He is an outstanding young corner.  Any evaluator worth his salt, whether amateur or employed by an NFL team, knew that this was a great class of defensive backs.  It has not disappointed.  4 of that PFF top 10 are rookie defensive backs..... and there are others like Marlon Humphrey, Adoree Jackson, Jamal Adams and (pre-injury) Malik Hooker who have all solid to good rookie years too.  I think in 5 years time we will be looking at this as maybe the greatest class of DBs ever to come into the NFL in a single year.  

Don't forget Sidney Jones who dropped out of R1 due to his knee injury.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Lattimore wins the mmqb vote, but Tre is the only one to appear on all 15 ballots 

IMO, Lattimore will win for the same reason so many guys get into the Pro Bowl.   He's got the league-wide 'buzz,' plays in a bigger market that went deeper in the playoffs and Buffalo is still an afterthought on the national NFL stage...

We all know how this story ends after Kiko and Darby. I'm just happy we have such a quality player, the accolades will come later.

Just now, Doc said:

Just to clarify, this is for all CB's, not just rookies, right?

Yup, and he still didn't make the pro bowl. 

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

PFF has White #3 overall in their coverage rankings.

Casey Hayward is #1 (the guy who had 2 INT's against Peterman in the Chargers game which makes that performance not look so bad in hindsight).

Take those away and he still threw 3 first half touchdowns. Come on dude this is just sad. Were you Savior Edwards back on the BBMB because if not you guys were separated at birth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1