‘the Process’ = Fools Gold

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

ridiculous

The Process was never about tanking, like the Sabres.   It was about building a team culture of accountability and sell-lessness.   That's being accomplished whether they make the playoffs or not.    And in the long run, having meaningful games in December for the rookies like White, Dawkins, Milano and Jones may be of greater value than 2-3 earlier slots in the April lottery.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this season will be known more for the disaster it is 3-4 years down the road. The increasing number of excellent college players is slipping dramatically with each meaningless win in a Draft year where we’ve garnered so many high pics at such a great cost. ‘The Process’ is pure Fools Gold. We simply aren’t talented enough to be considered contending, and now we likely won’t be for a few more years either. QB, DE, DL, OL, RB & WR need upgrades and more than a few players played their last Home Game yesterday. Our wins this year were all unnecessarily close and gifted with multiple T/O’s and ridiculously long FG’s. Our losses? No T/Os and blown out of stadiums. 

Even if we somehow receive a holiday miracle to break the 17 year streak for one more hour, we’re in worse shape talent wise than we were before ‘the Process’ started shredding the roster. I’ll go on record as saying we won’t make the playoffs and the result of this tease will negatively impact the team for years to come.

Blashemy. What is the average number pick of the top 10 NFL QBs ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

So the guy is trolling because what he says makes KoolAid drinkers/homers butthurt?

Uhm, no.

Even if we have a miracle one and done drought ending season, it's not worth the quality of talent we are watching slip away IMO.  We will not be getting a franchise QB in the 2018 draft, that is bad news for the future of the franchise.

So many Bills fans are so clueless....

Seems like he is trolling dims who think winning is bad by being a caricature of them...

I disagree. We see what talented yet undisciplined and lacking in work ethic contributed to the team in years past.

This year is about building a foundation for the future. You dont build a foundation by showing your team its ok to lose. That plants a seed of bad habit; something that hes worked so hard to get rid of.

We might not win another game, but we shouldnt lose on purpose; thats unprofessional, lazy, and would destroy the foundation of this team whos searching for an identity.

• Like (+1) 1

Why cant making the playoffs benefit the Bills? Free agents may see the change in culture, new ownership, new front office and be interested as a potential spot to sign. I am sure over the years a guy or two said to his agent I don't want to sign with them they haven't made the postseason since 1999. Also Aaron Rodgers was picked 24th. We don't have a clue on how the draft will play out

• Like (+1) 1

While it is true that the college player pool is getting less talented than in years past, it is by no means totally defunct of some fine players. There exists on this forum a number of people who will tell you that there are franchise quarterbacks,but only at the very top of the draft. I am sure there are team personnel guys who would like to know who these guaranteed franchise men are. It seems every year that the can't miss guys-do. Part of the process is to get those that will work in whatever system is being preached. I do not agree with all this front office has done and doubt I ever will agree  with everything. . As long as we have a winning team I will enjoy it for that particular season. Although I don't post much and joined this forum under different name before the current 2001, I remember it as being much better than a place to call out morons and idiots. Back in the days of Bob Lamb and 89 (Cindy) and many others ,we could express points and discuss without all the look at me- I am the best poster -I know more than anyone else attitudes. Sadly I miss those days. As long as I am a bills fan I refuse to give up that hope that someday we will get back to being better than just good. I got through several good times in the sixties and a bunch more in the nineties. Here is to the future. Go bills and yes trust the process (for now)

Edited by rochester rob
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You don’t need top picks to find talented players

See: White, Tre’Davious 

This is exactly right.  See NE and since 2001 the team has had only one 9-7 season while missing the playoffs only once in all that time! 

While you may not get that super elite player like Bruce Smith right away because you don't have a top 5 pick in the draft. You can still find the Freddy Jacksons as a walk-on or a Kyle Williams later in the draft. Judging by the first few picks under McD I'm not overly worried about finding the talent as I am about this teams scout finding that franchise QB who can lead the team to a SB. 

I trust McD to get it right. Now to beat New England! 

12 minutes ago, rochester rob said:

While it is true that the college player pool is getting less talented than in years past, it is by no means totally defunct of some fine players. There exists on this forum a number of people who will tell you that there are franchise quarterbacks,but only at the very top of the draft. I am sure there are team personnel guys who would like to know who these guaranteed franchise men are. It seems every year that the can't miss guys-do. Part of the process is to get those that will work in whatever system is being preached. I do not agree with all this front office has done and doubt I ever will agree  with everything. . As long as we have a winning team I will enjoy it for that particular season. Although I don't post much and joined this forum under different name before the current 2001, I remember it as being much better than a place to call out morons and idiots. Back in the days of Bob Lamb and 89 (Cindy) and many others ,we could express points and discuss without all the look at me- I am the best poster -I know more than anyone else attitudes. Sadly I miss those days. As long as I am a bills fan I refuse to give up that hope that someday we will get back to being better than just good. I got through several good times in the sixties and a bunch more in the nineties. Here is to the future. Go bills and yes trust the process (for now)

I'm glad you don't post much because your grammar and punctuation are absolutely brutal.

3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Lighten up Francis. Nice job of completely missing the point.

I never said McBeane won't completely avoid UFA. They're just not going to be huge spenders there and will likely save cap room for existing players and low to moderate UFA types like Hyde, Poyer, and Haushka. It would not completely shock me to see them sign 2-3 guys in the range of those deals next March. They'll have some cap room and there's really no one from the 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts to re-sign. 

it doesn't take away that this roster is lacking in play-makers and you're not going to find those types with low to moderate UFAs and rookies.  This is a roster getting older (Incognito, Wood, McCoy, Alexander, and Kyle) that still is without a definite starting QB in 2018.

Teams aren't winning with "the process." Because, no matter how hard the coaching staff works to prepare for game-day, it's talent that wins out. And Buffalo's is aging, quite pedestrian, and "the process" isn't going to surprise anyone next year. That is, unless McBeane find their QB of the future this April and add some pieces to the defensive front 7, the right side of the OL, and at WR.

Whoa...you quoted an old Bill Murray line. You must know what you're talking about. 

Ironic that you blast me for missing points when you missed mine. I'm well aware of what the roster looks like. Yup, old. No playmakers. Gotcha. Tons of holes to fill. Yup. What I'm saying is you have no clue what is going to happen in FA. Neither do I. They could dink and dunk some less expensive guys....or they could go all in for a Cousins, some oline help or even some front 7 help. Could be a mix of all.

As far as teams not winning with the process...no team wins by accident in this league (except appearently the Bills). Not every team has a name for it, but teams that sustain winning have a plan, a procedure a...ummmm...."process" to how they accomplish it. 

And I agree that team's win with talent, however talent isn't all encompassing. Because someone has skill doesn't mean they fit. Yea, Hauschka, Poyer, Hyde were all considered "mid to lower tier" guys. But I'd be fine with them signing players that fit the system, play smart and can flourish in our systems rather than fork out the big bucks because of what it says on the back of someone's jersey. Give me an EJ Gaines (when healthy) over 20 Richard Sherman's.