‘the Process’ = Fools Gold

Chandler#81

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this season will be known more for the disaster it is 3-4 years down the road. The increasing number of excellent college players is slipping dramatically with each meaningless win in a Draft year where we’ve garnered so many high pics at such a great cost. ‘The Process’ is pure Fools Gold. We simply aren’t talented enough to be considered contending, and now we likely won’t be for a few more years either. QB, DE, DL, OL, RB & WR need upgrades and more than a few players played their last Home Game yesterday. Our wins this year were all unnecessarily close and gifted with multiple T/O’s and ridiculously long FG’s. Our losses? No T/Os and blown out of stadiums. 

Even if we somehow receive a holiday miracle to break the 17 year streak for one more hour, we’re in worse shape talent wise than we were before ‘the Process’ started shredding the roster. I’ll go on record as saying we won’t make the playoffs and the result of this tease will negatively impact the team for years to come.

Considering there are always great players to be found within ANY round of the draft, I don't buy this argument in football more than any other sport. 

Look at Milano from this year as an example...

So much in football i dependant on what a player is asked to do within a scheme that you are always able to find good players in lower rounds that might be out of the NFL in other schemes but fit your scheme perfectly and play a very important role.

Not sure why people can't understand this.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? 

Because more blue chippers get selected before we have our pick(s), moving the options back further. McBeane is going to need a longer list of college players on his Draft Board.

Why was everyone here ecstatic earlier in the year that we’d be 4-12 and believed KC might flop as well this year? Because we would reap the rewards at the Draft.

While it does help to have a higher pick, there is no reason we can't find great players late. 

It all comes down to scouting, and judging by this past draft, we are in damn good shape.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Feel good to get that off your chest? Hope so. It’s a deranged as you believe my take is.

When you use any form of thinking to create a concrete argument with facts and evidence I'll respond again. Otherwise your just an incredibly pathetic individual.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this season will be known more for the disaster it is 3-4 years down the road. The increasing number of excellent college players is slipping dramatically with each meaningless win in a Draft year where we’ve garnered so many high pics at such a great cost. ‘The Process’ is pure Fools Gold. We simply aren’t talented enough to be considered contending, and now we likely won’t be for a few more years either. QB, DE, DL, OL, RB & WR need upgrades and more than a few players played their last Home Game yesterday. Our wins this year were all unnecessarily close and gifted with multiple T/O’s and ridiculously long FG’s. Our losses? No T/Os and blown out of stadiums. 

Even if we somehow receive a holiday miracle to break the 17 year streak for one more hour, we’re in worse shape talent wise than we were before ‘the Process’ started shredding the roster. I’ll go on record as saying we won’t make the playoffs and the result of this tease will negatively impact the team for years to come.

Thank you for this truly stupid take.

Nobody is arguing that the 2017 Bills are loaded with pro bowlers, but there is every reason to think the 2018 team will be more talented.

Let's see - in year one of the McDermott/Beane era the team has:

- Shed its worst contracts and will have flexibility in 2018.

- Picked four starters with it's first four draft picks.

- Is sitting on two #1s, and two #2s in 2018.

- Is on the verge of breaking a 17-year drought.

It's been a real disaster.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don't disagree with most of the thinking behind this thread at all.

Having said that, let's be honest.  We have as good a shot at making the playoffs as we've had in a long time, with meaningful, important games left to be played in the final 2 weeks of the season.

That hasn't happened since the gut punch in Pittsburgh in the final game of that season.

If you are that close, I say you have to go for it, especially if you haven't made the playoffs in 17 years.

The AFC is horrible this year.  I don't see how in the world we could beat Pittsburgh in a playoff game in Pittsburgh or NE in NE, but any other game in any other stadium is a winnable playoff game in this season.

I say you gotta go for the playoffs and I'm not going to B word about a few dropped positions in the draft order; that shouldn't impact how our QB selection strategy plays out anyway, and that is the only thing that matters in next year's draft.

Edited by Fadingpain

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Expressing a viewpoint that opposes the team or the franchise's actions is not trollin'.

Who said this place is supposed to be a Bills Booster Club where everyone is supposed to be a Kool-Aid Drinking fool?

Go form a Bills Booster Club forum if that is what you are looking for.

Hopefully you can take a lot of the Klueless Kool Aid Krowd around here with you! 

This would be such a better place after such a purge!

Bravo! Although I strongly disagree with the OP's opinion on things, I will defend his right to think it and say it. Isn't a troll all about creating chaos? I don't think voicing ones opinion is creating chaos. It might stir up different feelings and emotions but it's not chaos.

• Like (+1) 1

Given the up and downs of this season and actually playing meaningful games in mid-late December...I'll go with the process.

This off season will be anything but boring, I can't wait to see what FA and the draft brings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't get why everyone focuses on the "process" as being something mysterious that cannot be explained.  Correct me if I'm wrong, he's just labeling what they do on a day to day basis-working out, studying film, practicing technique etc.  To call this fool's gold is flat out insane, because every team has some version of this, whether or not they refer to it as the process.  Selling the "process" is just McD's way of getting players to put in the work/"get addicted to the grind".

Your issue isn't with the process, your issue is with personnel decisions

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Expressing a viewpoint that opposes the team or the franchise's actions is not trollin'.

Who said this place is supposed to be a Bills Booster Club where everyone is supposed to be a Kool-Aid Drinking fool?

Go form a Bills Booster Club forum if that is what you are looking for.

Hopefully you can take a lot of the Klueless Kool Aid Krowd around here with you! 

This would be such a better place after such a purge!

Nobody said it is...his opinion is just based on unfactual information.

Just now, berg1029 said:

I don't get why everyone focuses on the "process" as being something mysterious that cannot be explained.  Correct me if I'm wrong, he's just labeling what they do on a day to day basis-working out, studying film, practicing technique etc.  To call this fool's gold is flat out insane, because every team has some version of this, whether or not they refer to it as the process.  Selling the "process" is just McD's way of getting players to put in the work/"get addicted to the grind".

Your issue isn't with the process, your issue is with personnel decisions

...thinking BOTH happen overnight is hardly realistic.....longer term development requires patience which is an adversary versus ally in Buffalo fandom.....nature of the drought beast..

Some facts that are lightly disregarded by some.

1. 8-6 and a chance at the playoffs, would be great to get the monkey off the back and move forward with the culture of winning. Yes winning unlike BBFS which is whiney.

2. Lots of draft capital and the ability to get players who can help in the future and with 3 really good rookies the belief we know what we're doing in the draft.

3. Cap Space. We have the ability to go get players who fit in at a more reasonable rate than say 20Million/year DL. Star Lotulelei anyone.

None of these facts was in place before the new regime and now they are.

26 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

So after being here for one off-season where they didn't have a lot of dollars to throw around we can now conclude they won't spend big in free agency. Gotcha.

How did we acquire Hyde and Poyer? Oh...right free agency. Awesome fits for the system rather than just signing high dollar free agents (Gilmore and Gilly pop to mind) are are the way a team like Buffalo has to build. 

Right though, let's blow cap on players with a "name" so we can have Pro Bowl guys. That's what's best for business.

Lighten up Francis. Nice job of completely missing the point.

I never said McBeane won't completely avoid UFA. They're just not going to be huge spenders there and will likely save cap room for existing players and low to moderate UFA types like Hyde, Poyer, and Haushka. It would not completely shock me to see them sign 2-3 guys in the range of those deals next March. They'll have some cap room and there's really no one from the 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts to re-sign. 

it doesn't take away that this roster is lacking in play-makers and you're not going to find those types with low to moderate UFAs and rookies.  This is a roster getting older (Incognito, Wood, McCoy, Alexander, and Kyle) that still is without a definite starting QB in 2018.

Teams aren't winning with "the process." Because, no matter how hard the coaching staff works to prepare for game-day, it's talent that wins out. And Buffalo's is aging, quite pedestrian, and "the process" isn't going to surprise anyone next year. That is, unless McBeane find their QB of the future this April and add some pieces to the defensive front 7, the right side of the OL, and at WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Lighten up Francis. Nice job of completely missing the point.

I never said McBeane won't completely avoid UFA. They're just not going to be huge spenders there and will likely save cap room for existing players and low to moderate UFA types like Hyde, Poyer, and Haushka. It would not completely shock me to see them sign 2-3 guys in the range of those deals next March. They'll have some cap room and there's really no one from the 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts to re-sign. 

it doesn't take away that this roster is lacking in play-makers and you're not going to find those types with low to moderate UFAs and rookies.  This is a roster getting older (Incognito, Wood, McCoy, Alexander, and Kyle) that still is without a definite starting QB in 2018.

Teams aren't winning with "the process." Because, no matter how hard the coaching staff works to prepare for game-day, it's talent that wins out. And Buffalo's is aging, quite pedestrian, and "the process" isn't going to surprise anyone next year. That is, unless McBeane find their QB of the future this April and add some pieces to the defensive front 7, the right side of the OL, and at WR.

I know it's hard to adjust to meaningful football in December. But I have faith in you. Try and enjoy it.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, corta765 said:

When you use any form of thinking to create a concrete argument with facts and evidence I'll respond again. Otherwise your just an incredibly pathetic individual.

Obviously, you still don’t feel good. Ok, let me help you. How do the hapless Bills make the playoffs?

1.) Beat the Patriots in New England. 

OK, Plan B;

2.) Beat Miami twice in 3 games, this time at Miami.

OK, Plan C;

3.) Multiple natural disasters, mass murders of contending teams players, along with plague, infestation and other deadly diseases.

Then, after 1& Done, where you dance in the street anyway because the streak was broken..

Draft in the 20’s after likely departures of other current and past PB players..

There. Happy Now??

44 minutes ago, corta765 said:

This is a horrendously stupid take and how your a global mod is really impressive given how vain this is. You say the team is shredded talent and can't compete yet this squad is superior then anything Ryan had and his 2015 team was probably the most talented the Bills have had since 99 and unlike last years Bills team which sank against Miami this one showed some fight and won. You say with each win we cost ourselves draft position yet the Bills drafted Tre White 27th who was picked after CB's Gareon Conley & Adoree Jackson, but sure you can't find talent in later rounds. You make no mention of Dion Dawkins drafted in the 2nd round who has played quite well and has been rated highly by most major media nor do you want to mention Matt Milano's ascent into a solid starter. You basically make gross generalizations to try to support an incredibly shallow and pathetic point especially when 3 of the highlights to the team are from this years rookie class.

Getting the pick of the liter at QB only guarantees your pick of a QB who may be less of risk of failure. Luck was suppose to be the 2nd coming of Elway and has been killed because his team has no talent, coaching, and culture. You can preach that it's better to be 4-10 is better then 8-6 because of draft, yet the best QB of all time was a guy in the 6th round and the only one who challenges him (Montana) was a 3rd round pick. For every high QB pick that is Cam or Matt Ryan I can throw back Brees or Rodgers who were late 1st or 2nd round guys who have outperformed your pick of the liter. It's a flat joke to believe culture and building a winning atmosphere is insignificant to just having high picks in draft. The top sports analysts say that having a large quantity of picks is the best way to go given the statistical odds of how the draft is a crap shoot. The Bills have done that and managed to exceed anyone's expectations in performance despite an admittedly flawed roster by the team itself. Sure we may not 100% know if this is going to work, but off what we can judge so far they are in good hands.

People like yourself are the type I would never want to play sports with because you have no concept on what it takes to win nor the belief to do so.

Good reply!

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you still don’t feel good. Ok, let me help you. How do the hapless Bills make the playoffs?

1.) Beat the Patriots in New England. 

OK, Plan B;

2.) Beat Miami twice in 3 games, this time at Miami.

OK, Plan C;

3.) Multiple natural disasters, mass murders of contending teams players, along with plague, infestation and other deadly diseases.

Then, after 1& Done, where you dance in the street anyway because the streak was broken..

Draft in the 20’s after likely departures of other current and past PB players..

There. Happy Now??

You realize that with the Dolphins out of the playoffs and with the Bills having a real shot at getting in, this will equate to a near home game for Buffalo right?  Bills fan will likely outnumber Dolphin "fans" or will come pretty close.