‘the Process’ = Fools Gold

Chandler#81

Buffalo is not an ascending team. Sure, at 8-6 you'd like to think you've got an above average roster and coaching staff, but is this team a few players away from being an 11 or 12 win team in 2018? Probably not. Even if so, they're not suddenly adding those types with 2 1st round picks in the 20s. Because it's clear McBeane aren't big in spending in UFA.

Pro Bowl voting concludes tomorrow and I can't imagine the Bills have more than 3 players who'll go. It's nice that McD talks about trusting the process, but I'd be more trusting if they had a lot more talent. Playing ball control offense aligned with good defense only gets you so far in today's NFL. No one wants to hear that, but without a true answer at QB you're probably not going to win more than 9 games a season and get in as a 5-6 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Buffalo is not an ascending team. Sure, at 8-6 you'd like to think you've got an above average roster and coaching staff, but is this team a few players away from being an 11 or 12 win team in 2018? Probably not. Even if so, they're not suddenly adding those types with 2 1st round picks in the 20s. Because it's clear McBeane aren't big in spending in UFA.

Pro Bowl voting concludes tomorrow and I can't imagine the Bills have more than 3 players who'll go. It's nice that McD talks about trusting the process, but I'd be more trusting if they had a lot more talent. Playing ball control offense aligned with good defense only gets you so far in today's NFL. No one wants to hear that, but without a true answer at QB you're probably not going to win more than 9 games a season and get in as a 5-6 seed.

So after being here for one off-season where they didn't have a lot of dollars to throw around we can now conclude they won't spend big in free agency. Gotcha.

How did we acquire Hyde and Poyer? Oh...right free agency. Awesome fits for the system rather than just signing high dollar free agents (Gilmore and Gilly pop to mind) are are the way a team like Buffalo has to build. 

Right though, let's blow cap on players with a "name" so we can have Pro Bowl guys. That's what's best for business.

• Like (+1) 1

I dont particularly like Jacksonville, in fact i hate them, however, i've been keeping an eye on them the past couple of years.

They've had their share of tough times, albeit, not as bad as Bills fans, but they've been sitting in the basement with no hope whatsoever of ever seeing daylight again.........but you want to know where Jax turned the corner? They've had some really solid draft years and now its starting to prove itself as smart decisions.

Someone in that organization had a process, whatever that might have been..........they stuck with it and are now turning the corner.

I dont know what McD's process is, but we have draft picks to play with and thats a start.

• Like (+1) 2

...two quick points of optimism......

1. When is the last time Buffalo had premium draft capital like 2018?

2. When is the last time the scout staff was as formidable as what Pegula allowed Beane to assemble? His gang is laden with several former VP's as well as Directors of Pro Player Personnel. Of course the naysayers will say no one else would hire them so they came to Buffalo (COUGH).

...based on his investment, I'm sure Pegula will be looking for a BIG return from this gang in FA and draft which he should be......stay tuned................

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...two quick points of optimism......

1. When is the last time Buffalo had premium draft capital like 2018?

2. When is the last time the scout staff was as formidable as what Pegula allowed Beane to assemble? His gang is laden with several former VP's as well as Directors of Pro Player Personnel. Of course the naysayers will say no one else would hire them so they came to Buffalo (COUGH).

...based on his investment, I'm sure Pegula will be looking for a BIG return from this gang in FA and draft which he should be......stay tuned................

AND when was the last time the Bills were playing meaningful football heading into week 16?

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this season will be known more for the disaster it is 3-4 years down the road. The increasing number of excellent college players is slipping dramatically with each meaningless win in a Draft year where we’ve garnered so many high pics at such a great cost. ‘The Process’ is pure Fools Gold. We simply aren’t talented enough to be considered contending, and now we likely won’t be for a few more years either. QB, DE, DL, OL, RB & WR need upgrades and more than a few players played their last Home Game yesterday. Our wins this year were all unnecessarily close and gifted with multiple T/O’s and ridiculously long FG’s. Our losses? No T/Os and blown out of stadiums. 

Even if we somehow receive a holiday miracle to break the 17 year streak for one more hour, we’re in worse shape talent wise than we were before ‘the Process’ started shredding the roster. I’ll go on record as saying we won’t make the playoffs and the result of this tease will negatively impact the team for years to come.

This is a horrendously stupid take and how your a global mod is really impressive given how vain this is. You say the team is shredded talent and can't compete yet this squad is superior then anything Ryan had and his 2015 team was probably the most talented the Bills have had since 99 and unlike last years Bills team which sank against Miami this one showed some fight and won. You say with each win we cost ourselves draft position yet the Bills drafted Tre White 27th who was picked after CB's Gareon Conley & Adoree Jackson, but sure you can't find talent in later rounds. You make no mention of Dion Dawkins drafted in the 2nd round who has played quite well and has been rated highly by most major media nor do you want to mention Matt Milano's ascent into a solid starter. You basically make gross generalizations to try to support an incredibly shallow and pathetic point especially when 3 of the highlights to the team are from this years rookie class.

Getting the pick of the liter at QB only guarantees your pick of a QB who may be less of risk of failure. Luck was suppose to be the 2nd coming of Elway and has been killed because his team has no talent, coaching, and culture. You can preach that it's better to be 4-10 is better then 8-6 because of draft, yet the best QB of all time was a guy in the 6th round and the only one who challenges him (Montana) was a 3rd round pick. For every high QB pick that is Cam or Matt Ryan I can throw back Brees or Rodgers who were late 1st or 2nd round guys who have outperformed your pick of the liter. It's a flat joke to believe culture and building a winning atmosphere is insignificant to just having high picks in draft. The top sports analysts say that having a large quantity of picks is the best way to go given the statistical odds of how the draft is a crap shoot. The Bills have done that and managed to exceed anyone's expectations in performance despite an admittedly flawed roster by the team itself. Sure we may not 100% know if this is going to work, but off what we can judge so far they are in good hands.

People like yourself are the type I would never want to play sports with because you have no concept on what it takes to win nor the belief to do so.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know how I often I could say this: but I couldn't disagree more with the OP if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet....(ok, a little holiday movie reference and confusing disagree with surprised, but eh it's Monday).....

Seriously though, you play to win....period. You play to win. As others have said already, you don't change the culture by doing more of the same....you change the culture by raising your level of expectation and then getting there. 

McD and co. have done a hell of a job to maximize what they've been given. There have been mistakes and missteps (and I still think starting Peterman was the right thing to do at the time - everyone has 20/20 hindsight) and he's still learning in some ways...but consider what's transpired: Sammy traded, Darby traded, Gilmore walked and Mike G. walked to Pats, Dareus traded, Yates (your Vet QB) cut, injuries to Benjamin since he arrived, Gaines off and on, your starting LT to be replaced admirably by the Rookie, your WLB put on 2nd string because your Rookie LB has played very well, your Drafted DB is in the legitimate running for DROY and has played very, very well - but is also still learning some things and he's shown that at times too - and you've gone through benching your starting QB because he fricken earned it, dealt with media backlash over decisions, gone from the highs of starting hot and ready to dismantle the Jets to being blown out for 3 games in a row and yet, here the team is on the cusp of the playoffs with 2 wins to go! 

So, sorry - I'm not saying McD is anywhere near perfect, but he's done a hell of a job considering what he was given. McVay gets all the love, but he already had STUDS on Defense when he took over the team and that's not his forte in terms of specialty, and then he had Goff waiting to be tutored and then traded for Watkins, plus had Gurley and took Woods in Off-season with a good run blocking Offense. So his cupboards were loaded with goodies, and he's delivered - good for him. Marrone in same boat and Lynn has done very well all things considered also, but without a doubt McD walked into the worst situation of all of them and is making a case for why he can be considered quite good already. 

FA players want to go to teams who are committed to winning....not those who think they've out smarted the NFL to "tank" and get the 1st overall pick, we've seen how that works. Good teams who Draft well get good players in every round, and yes that includes QB. I don't need to rattle off like 5 or 6 names in recent years, we know who they are....if a team can scout right and Draft right, it doesn't matter where in they are Drafting, as long as they understand value, projections, and where the player fits in the current systems. 

Beane and company haven't even had ONE, not ONE, Off-season to prepare for FA and the Draft and you're already dumping on the team for the NEXT 3-4 YEARS!! This, is the most Billsy type of pre-emptive disappointment I can think of that I've heard in a long time. 

Btw, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukhah, Happy Kwanza, Feliz Navidad and Happy Festivus....just in case. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Why do our wins matter when it comes to the extra picks we have? 

?? 

Because more blue chippers get selected before we have our pick(s), moving the options back further. McBeane is going to need a longer list of college players on his Draft Board.

Why was everyone here ecstatic earlier in the year that we’d be 4-12 and believed KC might flop as well this year? Because we would reap the rewards at the Draft.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

?? 

Because more blue chippers get selected before we have our pick(s), moving the options back further. McBeane is going to need a longer list of college players on his Draft Board.

Why was everyone here ecstatic earlier in the year that we’d be 4-12 and believed KC might flop as well this year? Because we would reap the rewards at the Draft.

Ending the drought > everything else.

GET THIS GOD DAMNED GORILLA OFF OUR BACKS!

Let's go Chandler! We're taking this all the way, even if it means we have to tie you to the back bumper of the bandwagon like Aunt Edna

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Should moderators really be trollin?

Expressing a viewpoint that opposes the team or the franchise's actions is not trollin'.

Who said this place is supposed to be a Bills Booster Club where everyone is supposed to be a Kool-Aid Drinking fool?

Go form a Bills Booster Club forum if that is what you are looking for.

Hopefully you can take a lot of the Klueless Kool Aid Krowd around here with you! 

This would be such a better place after such a purge!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

This is a horrendously stupid take and how your a global mod is really impressive given how vain this is. You say the team is shredded talent and can't compete yet this squad is superior then anything Ryan had and his 2015 team was probably the most talented the Bills have had since 99 and unlike last years Bills team which sank against Miami this one showed some fight and won. You say with each win we cost ourselves draft position yet the Bills drafted Tre White 27th who was picked after CB's Gareon Conley & Adoree Jackson, but sure you can't find talent in later rounds. You make no mention of Dion Dawkins drafted in the 2nd round who has played quite well and has been rated highly by most major media nor do you want to mention Matt Milano's ascent into a solid starter. You basically make gross generalizations to try to support an incredibly shallow and pathetic point especially when 3 of the highlights to the team are from this years rookie class.

Getting the pick of the liter at QB only guarantees your pick of a QB who may be less of risk of failure. Luck was suppose to be the 2nd coming of Elway and has been killed because his team has no talent, coaching, and culture. You can preach that it's better to be 4-10 is better then 8-6 because of draft, yet the best QB of all time was a guy in the 6th round and the only one who challenges him (Montana) was a 3rd round pick. For every high QB pick that is Cam or Matt Ryan I can throw back Brees or Rodgers who were late 1st or 2nd round guys who have outperformed your pick of the liter. It's a flat joke to believe culture and building a winning atmosphere is insignificant to just having high picks in draft. The top sports analysts say that having a large quantity of picks is the best way to go given the statistical odds of how the draft is a crap shoot. The Bills have done that and managed to exceed anyone's expectations in performance despite an admittedly flawed roster by the team itself. Sure we may not 100% know if this is going to work, but off what we can judge so far they are in good hands.

People like yourself are the type I would never want to play sports with because you have no concept on what it takes to win nor the belief to do so.

Feel good to get that off your chest? Hope so. It’s a deranged as you believe my take is.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Expressing a viewpoint that opposes the team or the franchise's actions is not trollin'.

Who said this place is supposed to be a Bills Booster Club where everyone is supposed to be a Kool-Aid Drinking fool?

Go form a Bills Booster Club forum if that is what you are looking for.

Hopefully you can take a lot of the Klueless Kool Aid Krowd around here with you! 

This would be such a better place after such a purge!

Looks like someone has a case of the mondays :cry:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I don't know how I often I could say this: but I couldn't disagree more with the OP if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet....(ok, a little holiday movie reference and confusing disagree with surprised, but eh it's Monday).....

Seriously though, you play to win....period. You play to win. As others have said already, you don't change the culture by doing more of the same....you change the culture by raising your level of expectation and then getting there. 

McD and co. have done a hell of a job to maximize what they've been given. There have been mistakes and missteps (and I still think starting Peterman was the right thing to do at the time - everyone has 20/20 hindsight) and he's still learning in some ways...but consider what's transpired: Sammy traded, Darby traded, Gilmore walked and Mike G. walked to Pats, Dareus traded, Yates (your Vet QB) cut, injuries to Benjamin since he arrived, Gaines off and on, your starting LT to be replaced admirably by the Rookie, your WLB put on 2nd string because your Rookie LB has played very well, your Drafted DB is in the legitimate running for DROY and has played very, very well - but is also still learning some things and he's shown that at times too - and you've gone through benching your starting QB because he fricken earned it, dealt with media backlash over decisions, gone from the highs of starting hot and ready to dismantle the Jets to being blown out for 3 games in a row and yet, here the team is on the cusp of the playoffs with 2 wins to go! 

So, sorry - I'm not saying McD is anywhere near perfect, but he's done a hell of a job considering what he was given. McVay gets all the love, but he already had STUDS on Defense when he took over the team and that's not his forte in terms of specialty, and then he had Goff waiting to be tutored and then traded for Watkins, plus had Gurley and took Woods in Off-season with a good run blocking Offense. So his cupboards were loaded with goodies, and he's delivered - good for him. Marrone in same boat and Lynn has done very well all things considered also, but without a doubt McD walked into the worst situation of all of them and is making a case for why he can be considered quite good already. 

FA players want to go to teams who are committed to winning....not those who think they've out smarted the NFL to "tank" and get the 1st overall pick, we've seen how that works. Good teams who Draft well get good players in every round, and yes that includes QB. I don't need to rattle off like 5 or 6 names in recent years, we know who they are....if a team can scout right and Draft right, it doesn't matter where in they are Drafting, as long as they understand value, projections, and where the player fits in the current systems. 

Beane and company haven't even had ONE, not ONE, Off-season to prepare for FA and the Draft and you're already dumping on the team for the NEXT 3-4 YEARS!! This, is the most Billsy type of pre-emptive disappointment I can think of that I've heard in a long time. 

Btw, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukhah, Happy Kwanza, Feliz Navidad and Happy Festivus....just in case. 

great post bigbuff

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

:lol:

That's not the word I would use to describe the 4-12 "realists."