[Please Change Title]John Murphy

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Liked Murph in his old humble radio and cable days, but something happened after he was fired from Channel 4. He seems to have a large chip on his shoulder and his defense of his buddy Russ Brandon at OBD is beyond embarrassing to fans.

Agreed, I still like him as a play by play guy, but his radio show can get downright obnoxious. I don’t have an issue with his “homerism”, but he sometimes comes across as thinking he’s the god of Bills football. Sports talk radio is nothing more than opinion. Aside from the occasional ridiculously uninformed caller, there are no right or wrong answers. Murphy acts as if he knows everything, and doesn’t work in an opinion based format. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

1 hour ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Not a big fan of Murph.  Love listening to Kelso because he knows the game and explains things very well.  Murph is pretty much a Bills propaganda pumper.  Never criticizes them for anything.  Alawsys defends everything they do for the most part.  

So Murph is your polar opposite?  Might I propose a TSW name of The Anti-Murph. ;)

32 minutes ago, snafu said:

I never understood this opinion. So if I post 500 times in the "last post wins" thread or the "Game Discussion Thread" then you will take me seriously?

Some people do not have much going in life so they take having a lot of post and seniority on a blog as meaningful.  

The show is so boring. Why have the same guess every week. Do I need to hear from Chris Brown and Steve Tasker every week? NO. The interview with the players and management are good. The show should be a medium for all BILLS fans to express their opinions, likes and dislike about all things BILLS football. Apparently Murphy can only handle the fans that always think the bills are on the right track bases on his opinion. That's why he has the same callers phoned in everyday, with the same opinions. Anyone that differs or have a contrarian view of coaches and management are never allowed on the show consistently. If you want to know when something is going to happen and to whom, just listen to the show and hear who he is allowing his cronies to attack.  We have tried to change everything to end this playoff drought. Maybe we need to change Murphy and Chris Brown, they have been apart of this losing culture for ever.

I like Donald Jones better.

I actually found it funny when Murphy said he didn’t know what the term “Billsy” meant and why fans would use it. Jones tried to explain it to him and Murphy was having none of it. In fact, Jones was the one that brought the tern up today when talking about yesterday’s on-side kickoff gaffe.

Murphy is not the kind of guy I would like to have a beer with.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder how many people posting in this thread do not realize that John Murphy is a paid employee of the Buffalo Bills and functions as an extension of that organization's PR department.

I suspect it is quite a few, despite the fact that it has been explicitly stated in this thread multiple times.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1