Pick from the Marcell Dareus Trade

If I recall correctly, the 6th round pick we received from the Jags for Marcell Dareus COULD turn into a 5th round pick IF the following situations transpire:

-Dareus plays the entirety of the 2017 season.

-The Jags make the playoffs.

Anybody have the details on this? Because it looks like both are happening. Not a huge deal, but a 5th could be a Milano or a Peterman. Just sayin'.

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I would just trade all the 4-7 picks for another high 3rd pick

and call it a day. 

In past years, maybe, but McBeane seems to have a keen nose for finding talented players in later rounds. Plus, we need all the talent they can find. I say keep as many as possible, unless there is a guy McBeane really wants. In a case like that, package some lower rounders to move up and get their guy, like they did last year.  

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

If I recall correctly, the 6th round pick we received from the Jags for Marcell Dareus COULD turn into a 5th round pick IF the following situations transpire:

-Dareus plays the entirety of the 2017 season.

-The Jags make the playoffs.

Anybody have the details on this? Because it looks like both are happening. Not a huge deal, but a 5th could be a Milano or a Peterman. Just sayin'.

What are you saying? If we traded Dareus and we end up with a Peterman or a Milano. It's still an awful trade.

4 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

In past years, maybe, but McBeane seems to have a keen nose for finding talented players in later rounds. Plus, we need all the talent they can find. I say keep as many as possible, unless there is a guy McBeane really wants. In a case like that, package some lower rounders to move up and get their guy, like they did last year.  

Where is their any proof of this later round stuff? Milano is nice but 1 guy doesn't deviate much from what I'd estimate are late round hits in a draft in this teams history or really what happens in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

U would give up 4 players for 1?:blink:

This year I would keep as many picks as possible to restock the roster but my normal draft strategy would be to trade the first back for a lower 1st round and another second and then trade  My 4,5,6,7 or less if possible for another third.

This would give you 5 picks in the draft instead of 7, which isn't a big loss but more importantly you are building the team with the strength of the draft with th  majority of your quality players coming in the first 3 rounds. So why bother with rounds four through seven when most of those guys aren't going to be solid contributors to the team. If all your team consists of 1st - 3rd rounders it going to be hard to beat.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This year I would keep as many picks as possible to restock the roster but my draft strategy would be to trade the first back for a lower 1st and second and then trade  My 4,5,6,7 or less if possible for another third.

This would give you 5 picks in the draft instead of 7, which isn't a big loss but more importantly you are building the team with the strength of the draft with th  majority of your quality players coming in the first 3 rounds. So why bother with rounds four through seven when most of those guys aren't going to be solid contributors to the team. If all your team consists of 1st - 3rd rounders it going to be hard to beat.

A quality scouting staff and gm can find starters in rds 4-7

In fact outside of qb thts where a real roster is built

4 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

A quality scouting staff and gm can find starters in rds 4-7

In fact outside of qb thts where a real roster is built

Go through all the drafts and look at where most of the starters come from and you will see they come from the first 3 rounds. Most of your late round picks are off the team within a few years.

4 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I would just trade all the 4-7 picks for another high 3rd pick

and call it a day. 

Absolutely awful idea.  That’s where you fill out the depth on your roster.   The Bills have picked up plenty of good players in those slots.

Edited by mannc

On 12/18/2017 at 2:57 AM, mannc said:

Absolutely awful idea.  That’s where you fill out the depth on your roster.   The Bills have picked up plenty of good players in those slots.

?? We would still have 6 picks, basically a full draft. Instead of filling out depth with 5-7 round picks we do it in the 3rd round. 

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

?? We would still have 6 picks, basically a full draft. Instead of filling out depth with 5-7 round picks we do it in the 3rd round. 

That guy wants more Meeks and Fines and Duke Williamses.      Who needs contributors  ???

I’ll sign off on your trade idea,   It’ll be okay if we don’t get the next Cardale or Peterman ?

Edited by Air it out Fitzy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1