Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't disagree at all. His reputation in the Carolinas is well known. But, just once I'd like to see some of these guys fight it.

Hard to fight it if they are guilty though. And in many of these cases it seemed that the allegations are true and it's why they aren't pitting up much of a fight

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I can’t imagine that it would sit well with the players either.  “Wait a minute we are out here killing ourselves and could be cut tomorrow and this 29 year-old basketball player is one of the people cutting our checks?!?” I tossed it out early as an option but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him involved at some level. 

Yeah they already hate that nba players have guaranteed contracts and make so much more than they do

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't disagree at all. His reputation in the Carolinas is well known. But, just once I'd like to see some of these guys fight it.

There's a good reason for him not to fight it out. It's simple: He knows the truth!

There is a recent case where someone was trying to extort the comedian Kevin Hart over an extra-marital affair. He went to the authorities and publicly admitted what happened. The woman he was involved with claimed she wasn't the one who was doing the extorting and she also was a victim. It could have been a third party who rigged the room with hidden cameras. Who knows? The point is that he was willing to fight the extortion effort and was willing to do so in the public arena. 

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hard to fight it if they are guilty though. And in many of these cases it seemed that the allegations are true and it's why they aren't pitting up much of a fight

Well, good thing this country is founded on innocent until proven guilty. 

High five!  America!  Woohoo!  

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The NFL investigation isn't worth dog poo. They can't really do anything to Richardson. 

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There is no way the owners would let it come to a vote to remove the teams form his ownership over this type of behavior (short of criminal behavior). 

He will sell and the investigation will at some point bring out the dirty details and that will be it.

29 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

The NFL investigation isn't worth dog poo. They can't really do anything to Richardson. 

they could have forced him to sell the team. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The company's market cap value is only 6 billion---and it has been tanking for almost 2 years (27 billion in 4/16).

Curry should unload his UA stake.

That was when they were at $28B. Obviously it has changed. 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Bon Jovi was going through it as a majority owner, he, like Jeter and the Marlins was goi g to be the figurehead owner with a minority stake. Similar also to Jordan and the NBA franchises he has owned. They are part of a group and because of their celebrity status are used as the face of the ownership group. Curry may be making $400 million plus a sponsorship deal with UA, but it's still not enough for a team or majority ownership unless he lives off another income and the entire contract was already paid to him.

I am not suggesting him as the majority owner. I am suggesting that he is a part of a larger group. The NFL likes one main voting owner and that wouldn’t be him. I’m suggesting that he has the capital to be involved in a way that Jim Kelly didn’t. That’s how this conversation began. Even Jeter only has a net worth of $185M. 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

So he is supposed to fight it anyway, even if he knows he is guilty and it will be proven that he was just because?

There is a very good chance that he is doing this because he knows that its not worth fighting because he won't win fighting it since he is guilty of it. That is why most people settle out of court when guilty, or try to, because they know they won't win of they fight to say it didn't happen and there may be more things that come out public then.

15 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So he is supposed to fight it anyway, even if he knows he is guilty and it will be proven that he was just because?

There is a very good chance that he is doing this because he knows that its not worth fighting because he won't win fighting it since he is guilty of it. That is why most people settle out of court when guilty, or try to, because they know they won't win of they fight to say it didn't happen and there may be more things that come out public then.

When it's cheaper and easier to just settle it out of court you do that.  

And when you're 70somethjng. Can make $3billion for nothing and move on with your life. You do it

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Maybe, maybe not. NDA's are NDA's.  Maybe your access to them would paint a different picture.  

When you're worth billions you may consider all of this to be worthless and just cash out with billions more.

You love defending racist scumbags. Why? 

26 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

When it's cheaper and easier to just settle it out of court you do that.  

And when you're 70somethjng. Can make $3billion for nothing and move on with your life. You do it

I think he’s 81 and he had heart bypass a few years ago. At this point he probably does not feel going down this road is worth it. Best to just sell the team had move on.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You love defending racist scumbags. Why? 

Free speech goes both ways. I'll defend snowflakes just as much. I have and will defend both sides of freedom. 

America!

cf5dd548d0c51aa9ab9a79e211a4cc88.jpg

Rebel-Flag-String-Bikini.jpg

Blank+_cffd5804549bcf575780c18da28488bd.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s 81 and he had heart bypass a few years ago. At this point he probably does not feel going down this road is worth it. Best to just sell the team had move on.

Agreed. At this point 20 years ago he would have just been cast as that old man who is a creep.

What's funny about all of this is the irony. PDiddy wanting to buy the team, Kaepernick and Curry. I cannot imagine the headlines if they bought the team to unveil their racism, sexism, ism, ism, ism and ism.

Diddy has had sexual harassment issues. Curry likely has too. Kaepernick is a flaming racist. So, they'd be no different than an old southern boy like Richardson.