Jump to content
SDS

Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

Recommended Posts

there is a 20-25 year contract on naming rights to the stadium but i'm not finding anything which holds the team to the stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s not the type of person that should own an NFL team. It’s Donald Sterlingish. It’s tough in this climate to be in his situation.

quoting you instead of texting it sepaately

 

early reports just based on the panthers site is going back to a michael jordan friendship with many other celebs, including Oprah... bwahaha.

 

i would be amazed if this was a single buyer.  the team is worth a lot.  it'll be a buying team.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

 

Isn't the !@#$ed up thing how he has likely behaved? 

no, not at all, because we don't know what exactly he did because he hasn't been able to defend himself.

 

tl,dr: duke lacrosse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     About ten years ago, Richardson did a press conference.  He NEVER does them. 

It may have been when Fox was let go or maybe when he fired his kids, I don’t recall.

     A local female TV/ Radio personality ( I think it was Kelli Bartik)was in the front row.

Richardson started flirting with her and complimenting her as he called on her. At the time it felt creepy and I’m a guy. 

     I told my wife about four hours ago that Richardson could lose the team because of this.

    Immediate reactions:

       Panthers stadium is 20+ years old.

       JR is using this as an excuse to get out. He’s literally living on borrowed time with someone else’s heart and he doesn’t need the hassle.

       Cams in his prime and they are SB contenders this year with a solid coaching staff. He did bring his comforter Hurney back after letting Gettlemen get the team back on track cap- wise. It all adds up.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

 

 

i would be amazed if this was a single buyer.  the team is worth a lot.  it'll be a buying team.

no, not at all, because we don't know what exactly he did because he hasn't been able to defend himself.

 

tl,dr: duke lacrosse.

 

Duke lacrosse went to court.

 

It's reported that this guy has settled multiple times, and is now selling the team.

 

He has a history he doesn't want to come out. The story reeks of he knows he's in the wrong and doesn't want the public shame that will come with it.

 

The duke lacrosse comparison is a horrible one.

 

 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

quoting you instead of texting it sepaately

 

early reports just based on the panthers site is going back to a michael jordan friendship with many other celebs, including Oprah... bwahaha.

 

i would be amazed if this was a single buyer.  the team is worth a lot.  it'll be a buying team.

no, not at all, because we don't know what exactly he did because he hasn't been able to defend himself.

 

tl,dr: duke lacrosse.

A Jordan/Oprah tandem makes sense and is probably good for Carolina. I wonder if Steph Curry will get in as a minority owner? He’s a Carolina guy through and through and now has a decent net worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

what a !@#$ed up world we live in that allegations can do such things.

was he forced to sell ? Do you think he would sell if he was innocent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

quoting you instead of texting it sepaately

 

early reports just based on the panthers site is going back to a michael jordan friendship with many other celebs, including Oprah... bwahaha.

 

i would be amazed if this was a single buyer.  the team is worth a lot.  it'll be a buying team.

no, not at all, because we don't know what exactly he did because he hasn't been able to defend himself.

 

tl,dr: duke lacrosse.

You may not know, doesn't mean others don't. Again, you don't know that he hasn't been able to defend himself. Maybe he confessed and said I'm outta here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Will Bob Jovi move them to Toronto?

No, you are thinking of Jon BON JOVI.

 

This Bob Jovi, unrelated to the rock star...he is a billionaire from California.  

 

Made his money in the gold rush of 1849.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, you are thinking of Jon BON JOVI.

 

This Bob Jovi, unrelated to the rock star...he is a billionaire from California.  

 

Made his money in the gold rush of 1849.

 

 

I thought that was Rob Jovi.  Or is he the one with the start up in silicon valley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

what a !@#$ed up world we live in that allegations can do such things.

There has to more to this, IMO. Maybe, allegations or incidents we don't know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I thought that was Rob Jovi.  Or is he the one with the start up in silicon valley?

He's the Silicon Valley guy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A Jordan/Oprah tandem makes sense and is probably good for Carolina. I wonder if Steph Curry will get in as a minority owner? He’s a Carolina guy through and through and now has a decent net worth.

Not to mention Ayesha’s money - she’s raking it in now too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know someone who worked for the panthers in their early years under Polian. He said Richardson was basically just an old southern guy who knew nothing about football and watched nascar in the box during games.

Other than he played in the NFL you mean?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know someone who worked for the panthers in their early years under Polian. He said Richardson was basically just an old southern guy who knew nothing about football and watched nascar in the box during games.

 

didn't he play in the NFL??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A Jordan/Oprah tandem makes sense and is probably good for Carolina. I wonder if Steph Curry will get in as a minority owner? He’s a Carolina guy through and through and now has a decent net worth.

 

Steph has got a nice contract, but think the money he has is walking around money compared to guys buying an NFL team. Kind of like the rumors of Jim Kelly buying the Bills.  Nice for a public eye, but that's it.  At least Kelly is a fixture at the stadium.

 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

For the Colts. 

 

Yeah that's what I thought so don't get the part about he doesn't know anything about football.  May not know much about owning a team.

 

Just to contradict myself, so how'd this guy, ex player afford to buy a team and be the primary owner?  Was there a ton of family money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×