Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

Man needs to back up off it and put his cup down... 

His odds of owning the team are unbelievably low for countless reasons. Jay-Z and Oprah are the only two entertainers that come to mind when considering entertainers that could own an NFL team. Neither of them are going to want to get intothis business at this point. As much as many of us love the NFL, it is a business on a precipice. The 1.5 billion it will take to acquire this team is a bad investment through many people's eyes.

20 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Tiger Woods could have bought a team but B word stole half his cash.

Tiger Woods is the B word that stole his own money. Just to be clear.

40 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Man needs to back up off it and put his cup down... 

His odds of owning the team are unbelievably low for countless reasons. Jay-Z and Oprah are the only two entertainers that come to mind when considering entertainers that could own an NFL team. Neither of them are going to want to get intothis business at this point. As much as many of us love the NFL, it is a business on a precipice. The 1.5 billion it will take to acquire this team is a bad investment through many people's eyes.

Tiger Woods is the B word that stole his own money. Just to be clear.

How true, I never fail to marvel that somehow it’s the woman’s fault when rich men such as Tiger feel the need to get married. Play around all you want. Don’t get married, and you won’t lose anything. Derek Jeter was a very wise man for many years. He made the commitment when he was actually ready to. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

On 12/18/2017 at 5:49 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Oprah net worth: $2.7B. I don't think she'd have a problem. FYI MJ's worth $1.3B.  Jay-Z & Beyonce = $1B.  Dr. Dre = $0.8B  Snoop is the poor guy with only $135MM

...Richardson pwns 48% with the other 52% held by many investors....so if club is valued at $2.5 billion, his stake is worth $1.2 billion  which now brings many TBD posters into play, right?........pony up Augie..........

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Richardson pwns 48% with the other 52% held by many investors....so if club is valued at $2.5 billion, his stake is worth $1.2 billion  which now brings many TBD posters into play, right?........pony up Augie..........

Not how it works. Essentially, this should break down as majority owner sells. All others must, as well.  The principle owner determines the fate and sells the assett 100%

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Not how it works. Essentially, this should break down as majority owner sells. All others must, as well.  The principle owner determines the fate and sells the assett 100%

....so that must be in ownership by-laws.......confusing because the other 14 actually hold majority stake at 52%..............

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so that must be in ownership by-laws.......confusing because the other 14 actually hold majority stake at 52%..............

its been a long time since i remembered all of this stuff, back when ralph passed...but, i seem to remember that being hte case.

22 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

its been a long time since i remembered all of this stuff, back when ralph passed...but, i seem to remember that being hte case.

...it is pretty interesting and good show bud......it isn't the traditional corporate control structure as I know it, but NFL by-laws govern.....besides, I wanna see P-Diddy and Jurry Jones rappin' at the ownership meetings....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 12/18/2017 at 7:13 PM, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

The money is the real issue. If he had the money, they wouldn’t care. The NFL’s phoney morality stuff is a joke. They would have allowed Charles Manson to own a team, if he had the money. Remember when gambling and Vegas was an issue? The almighty dollar ended that morality crusade quickly. Plus, you can’t get much worse than Irsay. 

You make some very valid points- cash is king, right? 

Who is Tina Becker? New Panthers COO takes over amid Richardson allegations

In 19 years with the Panthers, Becker has worked her way up from being a member of the team's cheerleading team to heading day-to-day operations. Her appointment as COO makes her one of the highest-ranking female executives in the NFL.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/who-is-tina-becker-new-panthers-coo-takes-over-amid-richardson-allegations/ar-BBH7b3p?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

35 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Who is Tina Becker? New Panthers COO takes over amid Richardson allegations

In 19 years with the Panthers, Becker has worked her way up from being a member of the team's cheerleading team to heading day-to-day operations. Her appointment as COO makes her one of the highest-ranking female executives in the NFL.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/who-is-tina-becker-new-panthers-coo-takes-over-amid-richardson-allegations/ar-BBH7b3p?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Cheerleader to COO? Female Russ Brandon?

Was this part of one of the deals Richardson had to make by an accuser?

What you need to know about a potential Carolina Panthers sale

The Carolina Panthers are for sale. It happened quickly and surprised many, and the circumstances are wholly unique in NFL history. The news also has prompted a slew of questions.
Darren Rovell covered why a sale could be good for NFL business. But how would the process work? Who can place bids? What's a reasonable timeline? Here's what we know.

• 1 month later...

NFL "prefers" the team stay put...

Bon Jovi should buy a house down there and team up with his Toronto buddies to buy him the team. After all, it was never about moving the Bills to Toronto, just the dream of being an NFL owner. I'm sure the Toronto guys just wanted to be NFL owners, nothing was ever about putting the team there. Well, here's another chance!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

NFL "prefers" the team stay put...

Bon Jovi should buy a house down there and team up with his Toronto buddies to buy him the team. After all, it was never about moving the Bills to Toronto, just the dream of being an NFL owner. I'm sure the Toronto guys just wanted to be NFL owners, nothing was ever about putting the team there. Well, here's another chance!

Won’t do it cause they wanted to rub in buffalo face

• 2 weeks later...