Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 8:18 PM, Boyst62 said:

Oh trust me, I know. But folks around here really are buying into that whole idea that it will be celebrity owns

Oprah, I would think, has zero interest in owning a sports franchise, but she has a net worth of 2.7 billion. 

She has the means...

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Oprah, I would think, has zero interest in owning a sports franchise, but she has a net worth of 2.7 billion. 

She has the means...

$2.7b for the Panthers isn't enough.  And you have to look at her assets. It's investments in to companies. And it's investments of stuff she would have to sell off. 

Oprah isn't as rich as many thinm She is twice as powerful, though

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

$2.7b for the Panthers isn't enough.  And you have to look at her assets. It's investments in to companies. And it's investments of stuff she would have to sell off. 

You have these intimate details of Oprah's finances how, exactly? 

She would only need 30% of whatever the winning bid is.

27 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

She would have to liquidate certain assets and  turn them into cash.  Just a matter of how bad she wants to do it and I don't think she feels that strong an urge.  It will be interesting to see who surfaces that can do it by themselves and not have to sell other assets.  Thank God Pegula came along when he did for our sakes.

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Oprah, I would think, has zero interest in owning a sports franchise, but she has a net worth of 2.7 billion

She has the means...

How much of that is unrealized (ie., yet to be taxed) gains?

The NFL is only interested in people who can just write a check, a la Pegs.  They don't want debt or a cabal of minority investors.  I highly doubt there is any celebrity who can come close to NFL ownership.  Celebs just don't generate that kind of coin.

3) Carolina Panthers sale: What's next for the franchise?

Owners are likely to get an update on the impending sale of the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have been on the market since the end of last season. Current owner Jerry Richardson, who is being investigated for workplace misconduct, has already ceded day-to-day control of the team. Owners are expected to get an update on those who are interested in purchasing the franchise and where the process stands. The hope is that a winning bidder will be chosen no later than early next month, with a vote to approve a new owner in May. It is very unlikely that any details of the investigation will be revealed.

Hedge fund manager David Tepper expected to bid for Panthers (1:14)

On 12/17/2017 at 8:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I know someone who worked for the panthers in their early years under Polian. He said Richardson was basically just an old southern guy who knew nothing about football and watched nascar in the box during games.

You are aware that Jerry Richardson played WR for the Colts back in the 60's?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

3) Carolina Panthers sale: What's next for the franchise?

Owners are likely to get an update on the impending sale of the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have been on the market since the end of last season. Current owner Jerry Richardson, who is being investigated for workplace misconduct, has already ceded day-to-day control of the team. Owners are expected to get an update on those who are interested in purchasing the franchise and where the process stands. The hope is that a winning bidder will be chosen no later than early next month, with a vote to approve a new owner in May. It is very unlikely that any details of the investigation will be revealed.

Hedge fund manager David Tepper expected to bid for Panthers (1:14)

...hopin' P-Diddy writes the check so we can see him chillin' and rappin' with Jurrah Jones at Owners' Meetings.....Boy Scouts couldn't sell enough popcorn for that..........