Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

2 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Why are people dismissing Oprah? She is worth a multi-billionaire last I heard. She could stroke a check and buy the team on her lonesome. 

Jordan could too I think. Isn't he worth a couple billion? 

I dont on keep up with these mfers money. But every so often Forbes talks about celebrity bank accounts and I get my yearly update. 

If if you're talking hip hop folks, a conversation without Jay z and his 3/4 of a billion seems incomplete. 

No she couldn't. It would be leveraging her entire net worth. Which is retarded. Which she cannot afford to do. She would have to front something like $1mm up front and have so much saved up etc.

There is no way in hell she could afford it by herself. You're insane 

Jordna is barely worth a billion. With a good chunk of that wrapped up in the Marlin's and hornets. He has gambling issues and there are a ton of issues about his personal life. It'd be the ultimate slap in the face to remove Richardson because he is a creep and jerk to hire a bigger creep and jerk like Jordan. The guy is a sleeve. 

Edited by Boyst62

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No she couldn't. It would be leveraging her entire net worth. Which is retarded. Which she cannot afford to do. She would have to front something like $1mm up front and have so much saved up etc.

There is no way in hell she could afford it by herself. You're insane 

Oprah net worth: $2.7B. I don't think she'd have a problem. FYI MJ's worth $1.3B.  Jay-Z & Beyonce = $1B.  Dr. Dre = $0.8B  Snoop is the poor guy with only $135MM

Edited by PromoTheRobot

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The “owner” has to own at least a 30% stake per NFL rules. That’s why Bon Jovi was never realistic. His net worth at the time wouldn’t have covered it. They can only take on $250M in debt. Diddy is a realistic option if he has the right group with him. He will need someone at least as wealthy as him and then other minority owners. If someone like Oprah or Jordan got involved it could be done. 

Im guessing that someone like the Pritzker Family buys it. They were really (quietly) involved in the Bills bidding.

PTR. See above. Winfrey could not finance the purchase. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oprah net worth: $2.7B. I don't think she'd have a problem. FYI MJ's worth $1.3B.

MJ has over almost $200mm in the hornets. A few mill in the Marlin's. $$$ invested in golf courses etc.  He couldn't take out enough of a loan to come close. And even if he did he wouldn't be able to purchase it by league rules.

And Oprah having her entire portfolio invested in the team and it'll still require more than that... Yeah. Not gonna happen

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Michael jordan is barely a billionaire. He ain't real money. And his gambling addictions make him a liability 

Oorsh has $2.5b and still not enough there to buy the team

If you're not pushing $10b you're not gonna get no where.   And insay that because Panthers will sell for more than $3b. They're in the banking capital of the south, one of the largest outside of NYC.  Every gsme is sold out. Suites are sold out. $10,000 club boxes are nothing new with a PSL.  The team has more commercial buy in than most teams and is spread upon two states (that generally don't give a !@#$ about them). 

The Panthers are an expensive team

Certainly much more expensive than the Bills. If you can believe the on-line BS, Oprah is about $2.8 billion, with MJ about half of that. Oprah could be the lead at 30% or more, but who says she even wants to? There’s a reason the grocery store check out line is full of celeb stuff. It fascinates many people for some reason. 

I used to travel to Charlotte a lot when I was with First Union. Funny stories about the back and forth with Ed Crutchfield and Hugh McColl. Big time banking center for sure. 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

You mean the part about not being able to leverage her full worth? I don't see how $2.7B is not enough, especially if she puts a group together. Seems like she has more than enough.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

MJ has over almost $200mm in the hornets. A few mill in the Marlin's. $$$ invested in golf courses etc.  He couldn't take out enough of a loan to come close. And even if he did he wouldn't be able to purchase it by league rules.

And Oprah having her entire portfolio invested in the team and it'll still require more than that... Yeah. Not gonna happen

Now that begs the question can Micahel Jordan own and NFL and an NBA franchise in the same town? 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You mean the part about not being able to leverage her full worth? I don't see how $2.7B is not enough, especially if she puts a group together. Seems like she has more than enough.

She does. But she would never bother. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Now that begs the question can Micahel Jordan own and NFL and an NBA franchise in the same town? 

Haha! Better question....would the NFL even have him as an owner? I have serious doubts. 

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

She does. But she would never bother. 

Is there even any indication she has ANY interest whatsoever? 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Haha! Better question....would the NFL even have him as an owner? I have serious doubts. 

Probably not, especially with the gambling issues that follow him. Wouldn't want another owner with sexual harassment issues, probably.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yea I'm with you. Seems like she could do it without leveraging too much. Especially if (note "if") the 1.5 billion valuation is correct.

But I think I was mistaken as to the depths of #23s pockets. 

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

The league will never allow snoop or any of his peeps to buy an NFL franchise. Just what they need, a drug infestation in a front office!

The money is the real issue. If he had the money, they wouldn’t care. The NFL’s phoney morality stuff is a joke. They would have allowed Charles Manson to own a team, if he had the money. Remember when gambling and Vegas was an issue? The almighty dollar ended that morality crusade quickly. Plus, you can’t get much worse than Irsay. 

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Is there any single Athlete or Entertainer that could buy an NFL franchise given the guidelines to purchase? 

I’d say Jay-Z/Beyoncé is probably the likeliest. They are up over $1B and have an opportunity to continue growing it. http://www.businessinsider.com/richest-celebrities-in-the-world-2016-8/#1-madonna-20