Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...CERTAINLY agree on his skill set (irrespective of his politics-could care less)....he was quickly figured out by DC's.....and....his focus became his tats and poses versus the game of football as in "blinded by the limelight".....but he is unofficially being blackballed ( Incognito was as well UNOFFICIALLY) but racial overtones have been woven in.....hence P-Diddy sets the stage as a potential black owner hiring Kaep whose idleness is due to racial overtones in some circles and leaves the ball in the NFL's court to counter when their ratings/opinions are sinking...pretty smart move if he is serious?..........

P Diddy could not even pull it out in the room of the big boys and measure up.  His wallet that is

He's a chump.

It's to the point in 20 years I expect him to run for president 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...CERTAINLY agree on his skill set (irrespective of his politics-could care less)....he was quickly figured out by DC's.....and....his focus became his tats and poses versus the game of football as in "blinded by the limelight".....but he is unofficially being blackballed ( Incognito was as well UNOFFICIALLY) but racial overtones have been woven in.....hence P-Diddy sets the stage as a potential black owner hiring Kaep whose idleness is due to racial overtones in some circles and leaves the ball in the NFL's court to counter when their ratings/opinions are sinking...pretty smart move if he is serious?..........

Smart in the short term, however, continue to run a business this way and it will be doomed. Regardless, this team will end up being bought by a bonified multi billionaire much like Pegula. The NFL likes a smooth process and cash in the bank immediately.

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

P Diddy could not even pull it out in the room of the big boys and measure up.  His wallet that is

He's a chump.

It's to the point in 20 years I expect him to run for president 

...yup...I know, I know...BUT the visual of P-Diddy and Jurry Da Rapmaster Jones, dreads and all, rappin' and chillin' at owners' meetings is something I would pay for....

The “owner” has to own at least a 30% stake per NFL rules. That’s why Bon Jovi was never realistic. His net worth at the time wouldn’t have covered it. They can only take on $250M in debt. Diddy is a realistic option if he has the right group with him. He will need someone at least as wealthy as him and then other minority owners. If someone like Oprah or Jordan got involved it could be done. 

Im guessing that someone like the Pritzker Family buys it. They were really (quietly) involved in the Bills bidding.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

He wouldn't be to partnering with some serious cash and only be a minority owner; which is an issue because he will want to be part of the face of the franchise. He could do it if the group was right, there are a ton of rumors on who the group could be - Oprah, Curry, others.

Most here believe it'll be an out of towner and the team will be moved.  I could only hope that to be true.

Maybe he will move them to San Diego!

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The “owner” has to own at least a 30% stake per NFL rules. That’s why Bon Jovi was never realistic. His net worth at the time wouldn’t have covered it. They can only take on $250M in debt. Diddy is a realistic option if he has the right group with him. He will need someone at least as wealthy as him and then other minority owners. If someone like Oprah or Jordan got involved it could be done. 

Im guessing that someone like the Pritzker Family buys it. They were really (quietly) involved in the Bills bidding.

They are tied bigly to Chicago.  I'll look in to ties to CLT. Looked up all rich dudes in NC and none of them would be able to; Nascar owners and driver's wouldn't be able to, either.

But, I think it'd be awesome to get Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, Junior Johnson, Richard Petty, Tony Stewart, Richard Childress to buy a team.

Those country boys would have a lot to say.

It’s interesting to see all the celebrity names that pop up when and NFL franchise goes on the market. Then someone with serious money becomes the owner. Right?  But then I guess the MJ’s and Oprahs of the world ARE serious money. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s interesting to see all the celebrity names that pop up when and NFL franchise goes on the market. Then someone with serious money becomes the owner. Right?  But then I guess the MJ’s and Oprahs of the world ARE serious money. 

Oprah could probably purchase all the teams in Charlotte.

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Michael jordan is barely a billionaire. He ain't real money. And his gambling addictions make him a liability 

Oorsh has $2.5b and still not enough there to buy the team

If you're not pushing $10b you're not gonna get no where.   And insay that because Panthers will sell for more than $3b. They're in the banking capital of the south, one of the largest outside of NYC.  Every gsme is sold out. Suites are sold out. $10,000 club boxes are nothing new with a PSL.  The team has more commercial buy in than most teams and is spread upon two states (that generally don't give a !@#$ about them). 

The Panthers are an expensive team

Edited by Boyst62

Why are people dismissing Oprah? She is a multi-billionaire last I heard. She could stroke a check and buy the team on her lonesome. 

Jordan could too I think. Isn't he worth a couple billion? 

I dont keep up with these mfers money. But every so often Forbes talks about celebrity bank accounts and I get my yearly update. 

If if you're talking hip hop folks, a conversation without Jay z and his 3/4 of a billion seems incomplete. 

Edited by Juror#8