Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Curry is making $80M a year, that’s more than double what Kelly made in his career. It’s a little different. 

So he needs about 25 years of salary to be in the ballpark.

Diddy is more interesting;  I have no idea how rich or not people are in that business but wouldn't be surprised if he had serious cash.  He's collected a lot of royalties for a lot of years. 

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

no, not at all, because we don't know what exactly he did because he hasn't been able to defend himself.

tl,dr: duke lacrosse.

Actually, this now speaks volumes about the situation and that the allegations are actually true.

If he was truly innocent, he would say he is and fight the allegations. When he voluntarily decides to sell the team after the allegations come out, it means he isn't denying things happening.

41 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Diddy is more interesting;  I have no idea how rich or not people are in that business but wouldn't be surprised if he had serious cash.  He's collected a lot of royalties for a lot of years. 

Would still need more help. His Net Worth is 820M

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2017/05/11/diddys-net-worth-820-million-in-2017/amp/

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

What did he do?

Another case of an old guy not changing with the times.  Friday's were jeans day and he would walk the floors commenting on how the women looked in them.  Supposedly asked one woman how much she had to wiggle to get into it.  

At one point the Panthers had settle with a number of women and then basically hid it through legal process.

He is a just a dirty old man.

Edited by kota

Richardson's decision to sell the team will likely end NFL investigation 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/17/richardsons-decision-likely-will-end-nfl-investigation/

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL’s decision to take contract of the investigation sparked multiple conversations that prompted Richardson to decide to voluntarily end his ownership of the team, avoiding the various potential issues that could arise from an investigation and, possibly, an effort to involuntarily end his ownership of the team. With Richardson deciding to sell, the league likely will be standing down.

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs eyes Carolina Panthers, wants to sign Kaepernick

He said he would let the former 49ers quarterback compete with Cam Newton for the starting position.

“I will immediately address the Colin Kaepernick situation and put him in the running for next year’s starting quarterback,” Diddy said in a video. "It’s just competition, baby. It’s just competition"

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/12/18/sean-diddy-combs-eyes-carolina-panthers-wants-to-sign-kaepernick.html

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Actually, this now speaks volumes about the situation and that the allegations are actually true.

If he was truly innocent, he would say he is and fight the allegations. When he voluntarily decides to sell the team after the allegations come out, it means he isn't denying things happening.

Nah. He could just as easily say !@#$ it. Give me $3B. Good ROI. Dueces, bitches.   I probably would.   He wasn't in it for the wins. 

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steph tweeted he wants in 

Schmucks can't afford them.  It's a joke. Both are just asshats. 

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steph tweeted he wants in 

Schmucks can't afford them.  It's a joke. Both are just asshats. 

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

You may not know, doesn't mean others don't. Again, you don't know that he hasn't been able to defend himself. Maybe he confessed and said I'm outta here.

So what I don't know.  You don't know. But you know that I don't know. Put your right hand in. Out your right hand out. We don't know anything but he didn't take an opportunity to prove himself. This was much easier

11 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

what a !@#$ed up world we live in that allegations can do such things.

It’s not just allegations.  The full truth may never see the light of day but based on statements from multiple witnesses there is far more than a smoking gun in view.  Richardson would not be the first Uber wealthy man to overstep the boundaries of civil behavior.

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s not just allegations.  The full truth may never see the light of day but based on statements from multiple witnesses there is far more than a smoking gun in view.  Richardson would not be the first Uber wealthy man to overstep the boundaries of civil behavior.

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

And this stuff happens on an hourly basis in this world. Why he was taken down for it while others weren't is just part of #progress.

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Diddy is certainly more interesting but Curry can easily be involved. He’s guaranteed over $400M in the next 5 years alone. For comparisons sake, that is Bon Jovi’s entire net worth and he took a run at majority ownership. Curry has a substantial equity stake in Under Armor as well and it is believed that he is worth about $14B to the company. He could certainly leverage Kevin Plank into joining him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Diddy is certainly more interesting but Curry can easily be involved. He’s guaranteed over $400M in the next 5 years alone. For comparisons sake, that is Bon Jovi’s entire net worth and he took a run at majority ownership. Curry has a substantial equity stake in Under Armor as well and it is believed that he is worth about $14B to the company. He could certainly leverage Kevin Plank into joining him.

A move like this, when it's a celebrity status to own an NFL team, will be another downfall of the NFL.

An NBA players owning an NFL franchise just doesn't sit well with me.

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

And this stuff happens on an hourly basis in this world. Why he was taken down for it while others weren't is just part of #progress.

Why can’t the world be made perfect?  Really?  He’s not unlike many in this situation, he continued his behavior so openly and frequently that he got caught in his own web.  If he had stopped the first time he had to pay settlement money it’s likely that the issue dies.  He went back to the well of stupid behavior too often.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

A move like this, when it's a celebrity status to own an NFL team, will be another downfall of the NFL.

An NBA players owning an NFL franchise just doesn't sit well with me.

Owners have to approve the purchase. I wouldn't get too worried yet