Carolina Panthers will be sold after season

SDS

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Will Bob Jovi move them to Toronto?

No, you are thinking of Jon BON JOVI.

This Bob Jovi, unrelated to the rock star...he is a billionaire from California.  

Made his money in the gold rush of 1849.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, you are thinking of Jon BON JOVI.

This Bob Jovi, unrelated to the rock star...he is a billionaire from California.  

Made his money in the gold rush of 1849.

I thought that was Rob Jovi.  Or is he the one with the start up in silicon valley?

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A Jordan/Oprah tandem makes sense and is probably good for Carolina. I wonder if Steph Curry will get in as a minority owner? He’s a Carolina guy through and through and now has a decent net worth.

Not to mention Ayesha’s money - she’s raking it in now too 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know someone who worked for the panthers in their early years under Polian. He said Richardson was basically just an old southern guy who knew nothing about football and watched nascar in the box during games.

Other than he played in the NFL you mean?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A Jordan/Oprah tandem makes sense and is probably good for Carolina. I wonder if Steph Curry will get in as a minority owner? He’s a Carolina guy through and through and now has a decent net worth.

Steph has got a nice contract, but think the money he has is walking around money compared to guys buying an NFL team. Kind of like the rumors of Jim Kelly buying the Bills.  Nice for a public eye, but that's it.  At least Kelly is a fixture at the stadium.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

For the Colts. 

Yeah that's what I thought so don't get the part about he doesn't know anything about football.  May not know much about owning a team.

Just to contradict myself, so how'd this guy, ex player afford to buy a team and be the primary owner?  Was there a ton of family money?

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Steph has got a nice contract, but think the money he has is walking around money compared to guys buying an NFL team. Kind of like the rumors of Jim Kelly buying the Bills.  Nice for a public eye, but that's it.  At least Kelly is a fixture at the stadium.

Yeah that's what I thought so don't get the part about he doesn't know anything about football.  May not know much about owning a team.

Just to contradict myself, so how'd this guy, ex player afford to buy a team and be the primary owner?  Was there a ton of family money?

He became an owner of the Hardee’s chain. 

42 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Curry is making $80M a year, that’s more than double what Kelly made in his career. It’s a little different. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson