49ers Playing Hard

We just need to go beat New England.  We are not going to Super Bowl this year absent a miracle.  So I don't get all the hand-wringing around getting us in if we lose to NE.  Not that big a deal to have a "token" playoff appearance regardless of drought length in my opinion.  Just beat New England.  If you don't, assume you screwed your playoff chances.  This needs to be the mentality.  If we don't beat them we are still alive week 17 anyhow, but there is a good chance we don't make it.  So what, good for our team to be in a game against a team like Pats where they can win to control their destiny.  if they don't, it is just part of team evolution.  Backing in does nothing for me personally, don't care if drought is 100 years.  I will take the back-in, don't get me wrong -- but front door should be the mentality.  Beat the Pats.

The mentality of fans cannot overcome the reality of the team on the field. Ending the drought is a big deal, it's been 17 years and soon to be 18. That is ridiculous for an NFL franchise and the Bills are a laughingstock. Ending the drought means it's no longer a 3 ton gorilla around the neck of the franchise and organization. Most every other NFL team save for a few elites has likely " backed in " to the playoffs by some posters definition. But it counts and they don't have a drought. Just the Bills. If only daydreaming could make the Bills beat the Patriots. Or having a different mentality could make them more talented . It doesn't. 

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

We just need to go beat New England.  We are not going to Super Bowl this year absent a miracle.  So I don't get all the hand-wringing around getting us in if we lose to NE.  Not that big a deal to have a "token" playoff appearance regardless of drought length in my opinion.  Just beat New England.  If you don't, assume you screwed your playoff chances.  This needs to be the mentality.  If we don't beat them we are still alive week 17 anyhow, but there is a good chance we don't make it.  So what, good for our team to be in a game against a team like Pats where they can win to control their destiny.  if they don't, it is just part of team evolution.  Backing in does nothing for me personally, don't care if drought is 100 years.  I will take the back-in, don't get me wrong -- but front door should be the mentality.  Beat the Pats.

No offense, but if that's your opinion then your opinion sucks. I want to see them in a playoff game as should any real fan at this point. Only a complete fool would hope for anything else while sitting at 8-6.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

If I understand this correctly, we mathematically can't be eliminated next week, even with a loss to NE. Correct?

And I know this may be  a typical Bills fan small time thing for me to say, but this was my hope for the last few weeks...just to at least make it through and be in it on the final day of the season for the first time in 13 years. 

Yes, I want to make the playoffs...but to have every game truly matter throughout the season was a small victory I was going to be happy with at the start of this season.