Remember when Mitch Trubisky was supposed to be awesome?

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Not shocked he's struggling. He's a rookie on a weak team.

Next year he'll most likely improve quite a bit just from experience, a better understanding of the playbook, and a better supporting cast. 

If this was Buffalo he wouldn't have even made it this far into the season. We'd have benched him instantly. Our fans don't have the patience to ride a rookie QB season out like that. We'd be calling for the OC to be fired, the HC to be fired, the GM to be fired, the player to be benched, etc. all while saying "I understand they have to develop, but _________."

Just fill in the blank. People always say they're willing to go through the growing pains, the losing records, the development stages, and so on, but when they see it in action they complain about every single thing going on at the same time. It's like they're trying to say there's a right way to lose, or a right way to suck, or a right way to have a bad game...but can't follow up with examples. Sure, if the QB threw for 3 TD's, 250-300 yards, and 0 interceptions, and still loss, everyone would like the QB. But that's RARELY the case.

And even then they'd still call for coaching changes and other stupid stuff. I'd be shocked if we ever just had a new HC, a new OC, and a rookie QB that were given 3 years regardless of what was happening in the first or 2nd year. 

Just like people that want to tank but whine and complain all game/week long when we are losing.

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At least a few posters were certain this one-year college starter was going to dominate the NFL. 

You mean the 1st year rookie who has started 10 games and in his last 3 has gone

68/93 687 yards has 4 TDs, 3 int, 6 sacks, and has ratings of 117.2, 112.4, 66.8

I'd take that all day any day knowing things will get better, Jared Goff anybody, oh yeah, Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his rookie year, glad nobody wrote him off after 10 starts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Estro said:

One of the reasons I love this forum is your posts live forever.  When it comes to my 2BillsDrive history one of the things I boast about the most is the love I had for both Russel Wilson and Carson Wentz in the years leading up to their draft years.

On the opposite side, 1 QB, I thought just wasn't very good was......Mitch Tribusky.  He had a ton of terrible games in college....and his accuracy was bad.  If you have accuracy problems in college you are toast in the pros.

He will never be a good QB in thge NFL.  You don't work your way into becoming more accurate as a QB.  You either have it or you don't.  Tribusky is in the "don't" side of the ledger.

I have serious concerns about the Bills decision makers if the rumors were true that they reallly liked Tribusky.

68% completion rate his senior year, that's non accurate to you?

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe. But I'm sceptical of QBs who only started one year in college. There's too much too learn in the NFL.

Like 15 yard runs on 4th and 13 to set up game winners ? 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000879529/Lions-vs-Bears-highlights-Week-11

or total domination of the Bengals on the road ? 

7 hours ago, re enlightener said:

really losman and turdwards both got a year and a half, so they were actually good and we just pulled the plug too soon?  where didthey flourish afterwards?

Both Losman and Edwards had 32+ games starts for the Bills. That was a fair sample size to figure out they both would not make it. 

I think somewhere by the mid 2nd season you can make a fair evaluation. Saying Mitch sucks after 10-11 games is way premature at this point.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Is this the same Mitch Trubisky who is a rookie ? ... A rookie who struggles,  I'm freaking stunned, say it aint so.

Well said.  The one thing that most of the "Just draft a Franchise QB" people around here never talk about is the growing pains that are not only more than likely, it's also a crap shoot that may not work.  We would all be very happy with a crap 1st year leading to a franchise QB a la Peyton Manning, but there is also a very good chance we draft a guy most everyone loves and it takes 2 years (possibly more) to find out he's not the guy.  We all want the FQB but are we all ready to (potentially) suffer and potentially draft one until we find one?  

4 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

There you go, IMO this is what this thread was made for, a reason to show why we need to keep Tyrod another season. SMH

IMO Keeping Tyrod around will just make it even harder here for the rookie since the COT will pull up Tyrods worthless stats to prop him up to push that rookie out of his development season as the starter.

It may be tough on a rookie here year one but by dumping Tyrod right away that money can buy him some FA help.

Remember Tyrod sat for 4 years and still has the same issues he had when he was in college. Elstinko

Let me ask you this: Are Bills fans willing to have a 4-12 season, maybe two, breaking in a rookie QB?  You're worried about the COT damaging that poor rookie's psyche. How about thousands of fans and local media ripping him to shreds after losses, questioning if the Bills drafted the right QB, and should they get another in 2019?

We get it. You hate Taylor. Fine. We'll get rid of him. (Like we get rid of all the players we get sick of, like Watkins, Wood, Dareus, and soon Glenn.) We can sign a Kyle Orton-type journeyman to transition the rookie. I just don't Bills fans really have the stomach for a rookie QB at the helm.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

68% completion rate his senior year, that's non accurate to you?

I watched everyone of his snaps in 6 of his games his lkast season at UNC.  That 68% completion % is very misleading.  UNC's offense used a ton of short throws behind or at the LOS which naturally leads to a much higher percentrage for the QB.  If you watch his throws beyond 5 yards in the air he is wildly inaccurate.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We get it. You hate Taylor. Fine. We'll get rid of him. (Like we get rid of all the players we get sick of, like Watkins, Wood, Dareus, and soon Glenn.) We can sign a Kyle Orton-type journeyman to transition the rookie. I just don't Bills fans really have the stomach for a rookie QB at the helm.

Which player will the fans get rid of next ? 

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At least a few posters were certain this one-year college starter was going to dominate the NFL. 

That seems to be true of just about any college QB who has enjoyed success at the college level, especially if he generated excitement.

Remember all the "draft Johnny Football" "trade for Johnny Football" threads?

3 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Accuracy issues ?     Terrible games ? 

Your post is only 97% wrong.    The guy is super accurate, it’s why he was drafted so high with 1 year of film ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Yea I totally disagree based off the 6 games I watched of his last yr.  When he has to throw the ball 6 yards or further down the field he is not an accurate QB.

The offense he ran at UNC where they threw a ton of balls at or near the LOS does not translate to the NFL.  It's why yo u cant just look at a college Qbs completion %, and make assumption about accuracy.  Tribusky's accuracy when he has to throw beyond 6 yards of the LOS is actually very poor.

• Like (+1) 1

Top QB selected that the Bears traded up for. You don't trade up for a struggling rookie season.

Yes, yes I do. I just like to remind people of those can't-miss QBs people go nuts for in April. It's a healthy reminder that finding a franchise QB isn't automatic.

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think fans here understand about patience...when it's another team's QB. When it comes to the Bills, your career is over in one half.

BTW, Wonderboy just threw a red zone INT.

Remember when you made several dozen posts like this about Goff and or Wentz?

Sup.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Both Losman and Edwards had 32+ games starts for the Bills. That was a fair sample size to figure out they both would not make it. 

I think somewhere by the mid 2nd season you can make a fair evaluation. Saying Mitch sucks after 10-11 games is way premature at this point.

True on all counts.

But IMO where the Bills (and some other QB hungry teams have gone wrong) is in not continually developing a back-up-plan at QB.

We acquire a QB somehow (FA, trade, draft) and stick with him for 2-3 seasons before deciding he's not good enough and we must move on immediately.

I don't quite go with the "draft a QB in the 1st round every year until you find one" crowd, but there has to be a strategy in-between that and what the Bills have done, historically.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let me ask you this: Are Bills fans willing to have a 4-12 season, maybe two, breaking in a rookie QB?  You're worried about the COT damaging that poor rookie's psyche. How about thousands of fans and local media ripping him to shreds after losses, questioning if the Bills drafted the right QB, and should they get another in 2019?

We get it. You hate Taylor. Fine. We'll get rid of him. (Like we get rid of all the players we get stick of, like Watkins, Wood, Dareus, and soon Glenn.) We can sign a Kyle Orton-type journeyman to transition the rookie. I just don't Bills fans really have the stomach for a rookie QB at the helm.

Most of the accounts I have read indicate that if a qb is selected in this draft that a veteran qb will also be brought in to bridge the time until the rookie is better prepared. You have this incessant concern that a rookie qb is going to be skewered and psychologically scarred by the impatient fans. I guarantee you that a rookie qb is going to receive a lot of scrutiny and unfair criticisms. So what! That's part of the environment. Fans having unreasonable expectations are an inescapable part of sports. 

If a young qb, or any player for that matter, can't handle the pressure of intense scrutiny, even when it is unfair, then that player doesn't belong in the business.