Remember when Mitch Trubisky was supposed to be awesome?

PromoTheRobot

I like Watson better but what a stupid thread this is. So is pretty much every overreacting thread about rookie Qbs.  I can't believe he's not lighting up the NFL playing the hardest position in sports throwing to studs like Bellamy and Inman.

the funniest thing is if the Bills actually draft a qb high, this poster will be the biggest homer defending him.  Be consistent and stop judging young (especially high picks) Qbs after a year. So stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Any other rookies you want to call out for not being hall of fame worthy ? 

Im sure the bears are just as angry as you are ?.   Bright future be damned! 

Cool thread ??

It's hilarious how bent out of shape people get when someone points out that some pre-draft god fails to live up to his hype. Trubisky wasn't just some rookie. The Bears gave up a ransom to move up to get him. He was the first QB taken. He's not allowed to suck. But he does. He can't even outpace Tyrod, the worst QB in the NFL according to many here. Will he get better? Maybe. But he sucks now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It's hilarious how bent out of shape people get when someone points out that some pre-draft god fails to live up to his hype. Trubisky want just some rookie. The Bears gage up a ransom to move up to get him. He was the first QB taken. He's not allowed to suck. But he does. Will he get better? Maybe. But he sucks now.

Goff wasn’t allowed to suck either.

Not drafting and qb and keeping Tyrod forever is the correct play for you ?.  

Bears will turn it around before we do unless we nail this draft for a qb.  

Since Goff's turnaround is being mentioned quite a bit, I think it's fair to mention that Sean McVay is probably playing a very large role in that. 

McVay is basically taking one of the hardest parts of being a QB away from Goff and doing it himself. 

He's lining the offense up early and using the headset to read the defensive coverage for Goff, and telling him where coverage dictates the ball should go (as well as getting him into the proper checks). 

It seems like a bit of a loophole in the rules to me, but I'm not sure how you'd correct it...  Really, it's just a damn smart move by McVay. That's some Belichick, Patriots type stuff. Being smart enough to find ways to exploit the current rules to give your team every possible advantage. 

Now obviously Goff also deserves credit for his turn around, too. He's the one out there executing the play calls and throwing the ball. 

But im just saying, you have to wonder where he'd be at without McVay doing what he is. That takes a Ton of pressure off a young QB.

Goff is damn lucky to have a coach like that. 

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Goff wasn’t allowed to suck either.

Not drafting and qb and keeping Tyrod forever is the correct play for you ?.  

Bears will turn it around before we do unless we nail this draft for a qb.  

Never said keep Tyrod and not draft a QB. They definitely will draft one, though they may keep Tyrod one more year if they don't want to start him right away. But what the Bills do had nothing to do with how bad Trubisky is. Luckily the Bills didn't get suckered into trading up for him.

I never liked him, so I'm not defending Mitch. But I think it's funny.

Write off Mitch as a bust but a lot of you same posters will talk about how Zay is good, and WR is a tough transition. 

Like QB isn't? This thread is ridiculous, I don't know how obnoxious some posters were about Trubisky but it better have been god awful to warrant this.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Poor rookie QB we ever draft here in Buffalo is doomed with impatience or lack of understanding that they need to develop a year or 2.

really losman and turdwards both got a year and a half, so they were actually good and we just pulled the plug too soon?  where didthey flourish afterwards?

One of the reasons I love this forum is your posts live forever.  When it comes to my 2BillsDrive history one of the things I boast about the most is the love I had for both Russel Wilson and Carson Wentz in the years leading up to their draft years.

On the opposite side, 1 QB, I thought just wasn't very good was......Mitch Tribusky.  He had a ton of terrible games in college....and his accuracy was bad.  If you have accuracy problems in college you are toast in the pros.

He will never be a good QB in thge NFL.  You don't work your way into becoming more accurate as a QB.  You either have it or you don't.  Tribusky is in the "don't" side of the ledger.

I have serious concerns about the Bills decision makers if the rumors were true that they reallly liked Tribusky.

Edited by Estro

Not shocked he's struggling. He's a rookie on a weak team.

Next year he'll most likely improve quite a bit just from experience, a better understanding of the playbook, and a better supporting cast. 

If this was Buffalo he wouldn't have even made it this far into the season. We'd have benched him instantly. Our fans don't have the patience to ride a rookie QB season out like that. We'd be calling for the OC to be fired, the HC to be fired, the GM to be fired, the player to be benched, etc. all while saying "I understand they have to develop, but _________."

Just fill in the blank. People always say they're willing to go through the growing pains, the losing records, the development stages, and so on, but when they see it in action they complain about every single thing going on at the same time. It's like they're trying to say there's a right way to lose, or a right way to suck, or a right way to have a bad game...but can't follow up with examples. Sure, if the QB threw for 3 TD's, 250-300 yards, and 0 interceptions, and still loss, everyone would like the QB. But that's RARELY the case.

And even then they'd still call for coaching changes and other stupid stuff. I'd be shocked if we ever just had a new HC, a new OC, and a rookie QB that were given 3 years regardless of what was happening in the first or 2nd year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I confess I find the Bears dull as ditch water to watch so they are probably the one of the 32 who I have watched least of this year so I don't yet have a great feel for Trubisky as an NFL player. I did have a 1st round grade on his coming out but it was a late 1st - I thought he had tools but there were some repeat mistakes on his tape which was a worry.

One of my favourite NFL time fillers last offseason was going back and watching Goff and Wentz's rookie years back. It gave a much different impression than watching the games week by week with the context of the media narrative swirling. I came out of that pretty convinced that Goff still had a chance to be good and said as much on here. I will do the same with Trubisky and Watson this year when the season ends.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Never said keep Tyrod and not draft a QB. They definitely will draft one, though they may keep Tyrod one more year if they don't want to start him right away. But what the Bills do had nothing to do with how bad Trubisky is. Luckily the Bills didn't get suckered into trading up for him.

There you go, IMO this is what this thread was made for, a reason to show why we need to keep Tyrod another season. SMH

IMO Keeping Tyrod around will just make it even harder here for the rookie since the COT will pull up Tyrods worthless stats to prop him up to push that rookie out of his development season as the starter.

It may be tough on a rookie here year one but by dumping Tyrod right away that money can buy him some FA help.

Remember Tyrod sat for 4 years and still has the same issues he had when he was in college. Elstinko

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Estro said:

Mitch Tribusky.  He had a ton of terrible games in college....and his accuracy was bad.  If you have accuracy problems in college you are toast in the pros.

He will never be a good QB in thge NFL.  You don't work your way into becoming more accurate as a QB. 

Accuracy issues ?     Terrible games ? 

The guy is super accurate, it’s why he was drafted so high with 1 year of film ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Air it out Fitzy