Remember when Mitch Trubisky was supposed to be awesome?

PromoTheRobot

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, yes I do. I just like to remind people of those can't-miss QBs people go nuts for in April. It's a healthy reminder that finding a franchise QB isn't automatic.

50/50 coin flip, there is no such thing as can't miss IMO.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Yup, already a complete bust per many experts after maybe 60mins of game time over 3 games.

Can a 5th round player really be a bust? Late round picks are more developmental guys and not ones you expect to have an immediate impact. The odds of him ever being good were always low.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Poor rookie we ever draft here in Buffalo is doomed with impatience or lack of understanding that rookies need to develop a year or 2.

If we plan on starting a rookie they better put the best OL they possibly can.

A rookie QB and a bad OL is a disaster and can ruin a QB.

IMHO

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I think most people understand that a franchise QB doesn’t happen overnight and there are growing pains to be expected. 

A lot of fans just want a young QB to be excited about. It’s easier to be optimistic about a highly drafted rookie getting better than a late round pick finishing his 7th year in the league.

I think fans here understand about patience...when it's another team's QB. When it comes to the Bills, your career is over in one half.

BTW, Wonderboy just threw a red zone INT.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Can a 5th round player really be a bust? Late round picks are more developmental guys and not ones you expect to have an immediate impact. The odds of him ever being good were always low.

This is what I think most people forget. Maybe 1 out of 20-30 5th round QBs amounts to anything. You can’t be a 5th round bust, there is no such thing.

In terms of Trubisky he has some tools and seems like a good dude. His decision making will need to improve (as will his weapons). After Goff’s turnaround I am not writing him off but there is a lot of improvement that needs to happen.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think fans here understand about patience...when it's another team's QB. When it comes to the Bills, your career is over in one half.

BTW, Wonderboy just threw a red zone INT.

Is this just a defense mechanism because Tyrod isn’t what you hoped he would be? 

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don't think you can call any 5th rd pick a bust personally. I just don't think you can say a QB is good or bad yet off such a very small sample size.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trubisky has the raw tools that can make him a very good QB in the future.  More experience and a better supporting cast will certainly help him. 

Maybe. But I'm sceptical of QBs who only started one year in college. There's too much too learn in the NFL.

Well Geoff could not get on the field for the majority of of his rookie year and when he did was pretty poor.  He seemed to rebound quite well.  Cant read too much into year 1.  Especially when he had no one to throw to outside.  

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At least a few posters were certain this one-year college starter was going to dominate the NFL. 

Do you remember all the posters who declared Goff a failure because he struggled in his rookie year? How about waiting another year or two before you make a conclusive judgment? It's probable that if the Bills use a high pick on a qb and play him right away he is going to struggle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Do you remember all the posters who declared Goff a failure because he struggled in his rookie year? How about waiting another year or two before you make a conclusive judgment? It's probable that if the Bills use a high pick on a qb and play him right away he is going to struggle. 

Right......this is an odd thread. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I couldn't agree more. A decent running back can do wonders as well.

Hopefully we will still have one of those.

The other thing a high pick rookie needs is an experienced backup vet.

This might sound crazy but I hope they sign someone like Matt Moore to a 2 year contract.

Pay him enough in case he would need to start a few games in the beginning of next season.

Maybe a McCown if not Moore.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

And I guarantee people will want to cut him after two games if he has a Peterman-like start.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

37 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I think he's going to be good. Eventually.

Good size, moves well in the pocket, sees the field and can make all the throws. 

Whats not to like?

He can see the field but he can't see the DB in front of his receiver in the endzone today.

I say look at what McVay has done with Goff. Last year Goff looked like an almost certain bust. This year he looks like the #1 overall pick. Let's see who Chicago gets for coaching in the offseason.