Jump to content
PromoTheRobot

Remember when Mitch Trubisky was supposed to be awesome?

Recommended Posts

At least a few posters were certain this one-year college starter was going to dominate the NFL. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Ryan L. Bills? Where did he disappear to?

 

Witless protection.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even a year yet.

 

I didn't care for him but let's give it a couple years first.

 

 

Just now, Watkins101 said:

It is too early to tell. Hogg last year looked like hot garbage. This year, it's a different story

 

Who?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not even a year yet.

 

I didn't care for him but let's give it a couple years first.

 

 

 

Who?

 

 

Sorry, Goff. Autocorrect is annoying sometimes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the same Mitch Trubisky who is a rookie ? ... A rookie who struggles,  I'm freaking stunned, say it aint so.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

It is too early to tell. Hogg last year looked like hot garbage. This year, it's a different story

 

Aw, why can't we make instant hot takes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Is this the same Mitch Trubisky who is a rookie ? ... A rookie who struggles,  I'm freaking stunned, say it aint so.

 

Top QB selected that the Bears traded up for. You don't trade up for a struggling rookie season.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not even finished with his rookie year in the league...

 

Some of you cry and use Tyrod’s weapons as an on going excuse for his mediocre play but can any of you name a single receiver Trubisky is throwing to without having to look it up?

 

 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Top QB selected that the Bears traded up for. You don't trade up for a struggling rookie season.

 

You must be bored and feel like trolling. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the bears over 19.5 points..I suck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Is this the same Mitch Trubisky who is a rookie ? ... A rookie who struggles,  I'm freaking stunned, say it aint so.

Poor rookie QB we ever draft here in Buffalo is doomed with impatience or lack of understanding that they need to develop a year or 2.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

 

You must be bored and feel like trolling. 

 

Yes, yes I do. I just like to remind people of those can't-miss QBs people go nuts for in April. It's a healthy reminder that finding a franchise QB isn't automatic.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's going to be good. Eventually.

Good size, moves well in the pocket, sees the field and can make all the throws. 

Whats not to like?

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Poor rookie QB we ever draft here in Buffalo is doomed with impatience or lack of understanding that they need to develop a year or 2.

 

See: Peterman, Nathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trubisky, Cohen and Howard are a good running attack at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

See: Peterman, Nathan

Yup, already a complete bust per many experts after maybe 60mins of game time over 3 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Yes, actually. I just like to remind people of those can't-miss QBs people go nuts for in April. It's a healthy reminder that finding a franchise QB isn't automatic.

 

I think most people understand that a franchise QB doesn’t happen overnight and there are growing pains to be expected. 

 

A lot of fans just want a young QB to be excited about. It’s easier to be optimistic about a highly drafted rookie getting better than a late round pick finishing his 7th year in the league.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Yes, yes I do. I just like to remind people of those can't-miss QBs people go nuts for in April. It's a healthy reminder that finding a franchise QB isn't automatic.

50/50 coin flip, there is no such thing as can't miss IMO.

Edited by Real McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trubisky has the raw tools that can make him a very good QB in the future.  More experience and a better supporting cast will certainly help him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Yup, already a complete bust per many experts after maybe 60mins of game time over 3 games.

 

Can a 5th round player really be a bust? Late round picks are more developmental guys and not ones you expect to have an immediate impact. The odds of him ever being good were always low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Poor rookie we ever draft here in Buffalo is doomed with impatience or lack of understanding that rookies need to develop a year or 2.

 

If we plan on starting a rookie they better put the best OL they possibly can.

A rookie QB and a bad OL is a disaster and can ruin a QB.

IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

 

I think most people understand that a franchise QB doesn’t happen overnight and there are growing pains to be expected. 

 

A lot of fans just want a young QB to be excited about. It’s easier to be optimistic about a highly drafted rookie getting better than a late round pick finishing his 7th year in the league.

 

I think fans here understand about patience...when it's another team's QB. When it comes to the Bills, your career is over in one half.

 

BTW, Wonderboy just threw a red zone INT.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×