Possible return for the XFL?...

BillsFan130

Spring football could actually work. The XFL's issues weren't the general concept of a minor league football league starting the week after the Super Bowl. The XFL's issues were the general quality of football was low out of the gate (Although it did get better as the season went on), the teams were only given 6 weeks to practice with each other before opening day, the sleazy promotional nature McMahon stooped to, and the heavy promotion at first pulled in big numbers but it also exposed a big audience to low-quality games. 

Some of the football-related issues (Teams needing more time and a pre-season and more sensible rules) and even some of the presentational issues could be fixed (Less WWE style late 90s sleaze, less gimmicks, and less "Extreme" marketing which even by early 2001 "Extreme" was starting to become passe.) But the public's perception of football run by McMahon won't be easy to overcome. 

I hope minor league spring football works. It would give a lot of players an opportunity to continue their careers. 

5 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Who cares, the league sucked.

..BREAKING NEWS: Blowhard Vince McMahon forms the all new WTF/Lingerie Co-Ed League and hires Wrecks Ryan as the inaugural Commissioner and Jerry Richardson as the Director of Human Resources...match made in heaven.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..BREAKING NEWS: Blowhard Vince McMahon forms the all new WTF/Lingerie Co-Ed League and hires Wrecks Ryan as the inaugural Commissioner and Jerry Richardson as the Director of Human Resources...match made in heaven.....

I feel bad for the adults who go to the "Pro Wrestling" matches, my goodness...

53 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Who cares, the league sucked.

I think people are intrigued by the possibility of a spring football league. The USFL was pretty damn successful so it seems like there could be a market for it. The XFL was pretty funny for what it was trying to be but it was clear that the people running the league had no idea what they were doing. 

2 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

Dan Patrick said he does eventually plan to compete with the NFl. Also said all he has too invest is 100M.

what pro football league starts/exsists/competes with chump change? 

The big problem with the XFL was it was too closely tied to the WWE, and many assumed it was staged like WWE. Also the way it was presented was too similar to pro wrestling and trying to be to 'extreme

If they want any chance of being successful, McMahon needs to be a silent investor in it, and they need to be separate from the WWE brand

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Instead of starting a league I don't see why Vince McMahon just doesn't buy an NFL franchise? That would seem much easier to be successful. 

He'd have his entire roster in NFL concussion protocol by week 2 and he's got no time for soft weak Goodell football that the NFL plays. :rolleyes:

On 12/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, WhoTom said:

The XFL: where concussions are encouraged and CTE is a badge of honor.

No one said they will be the same way as before. He may start it as a "patriotic" alternative to the NFL. But he needs other owners so it isn't just WWE in football form. 

Also so could have gotten all the trademarks again to perhaps make a game and sell it.

Edited by PatsFanNH