[Vague Title]Raiders let promising get away,signed by Bills

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What's the downside here?  They had an opening after putting Glenn on IR, they didn't have to trade a draft pick, and aren't paying him much.

Exactly.

Plus, Beane cleaned house on our Dbacks and put together an impressive back 4 using only one draft pick last year, so he's proven to me he knows what he's doing in that area.

We'll see the kid up close now, and get a better evaluation of his skills.

1. Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills sign CB Breon Borders off Oakland Raiders' practice squad (report)

Updated 10:16 AM; Posted 9:15 AM
The Buffalo Bills have reportedly signed CB Breon Borders off of the Raiders' practice squad.

The Buffalo Bills have reportedly signed CB Breon Borders off of the Raiders' practice squad.(Associated Press)

40 shares

By Ryan Talbot

talbotrj@yahoo.com,

Contributing writer

The Buffalo Bills are adding depth to the cornerback position accordng to Vic Tafur of the Athletic. Tafur reported on Friday night that CB Breon Borders signed off of the Oakland Raiders' practice squad by the Bills

Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal also reported the news.

Borders went undrafted in the 2017 NFL draft out of Duke, but would be signed by the Raiders shortly after the draft. The cornerback had an impressive training camp with Oakland and at one point was working with the first team at the nickel cornerback spot.

Derek Carr came away impressed with Borders' play in the offseason.

"I think that that's how those guys catch your eye," Carr told USA Today. "Throughout the offseason and here at camp, he's really proven himself. The more guys that we can have like that that make plays, I'm all for it."

Borders would be waived by the Raiders in early September, but the team signed him to their practice squad the next day.

The cornerback was a three-year starter at Duke. During his career, Borders recorded 149 total tackles (8 TFL), one sack, 12 interceptions and 34 passes defensed.

Edited by HOUSE

I have had the privilege to play with this man in elementary and middle school football. Total of about 6 years together, won championships. Played for the east elementary cobras and east middle knights. Good times... it's so wild to see a friend of mine go to the NFL let alone my Buffalo bills..I'm super excited and definitely plan on talking with him soon. Who knows what could happen, he's a ball hawk for sure. Had some problems in 1v1 situations... either way let's see what happens. I'm super excited either way!

Go buffalo!

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Buffalobuckner said:

I have had the privilege to play with this man in elementary and middle school football. Total of about 6 years together, won championships. Played for the east elementary cobras and east middle knights. Good times... it's so wild to see a friend of mine go to the NFL let alone my Buffalo bills..I'm super excited and definitely plan on talking with him soon. Who knows what could happen, he's a ball hawk for sure. Had some problems in 1v1 situations... either way let's see what happens. I'm super excited either way!

Go buffalo!

Cool that you played with him. Just to clarify - - He had problems with 1:1 situations in middle school? Or are you referencing something more recent? 

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So according to this guy the Raiders had nobody left leaning up against the Gymnasium wall and the team STILL didn't pick him to play?  Sounds like the last kid in gym class to me! (But ya never know.)

Reminiscent of the Bills with Reilly and Lee.