[Vague Title]Raiders let promising get away,signed by Bills

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cool that you played with him. Just to clarify - - He had problems with 1:1 situations in middle school? Or are you referencing something more recent? 

More recent. I've followed him a bit while he was in training camp and practice. His family lives about 5 minutes from me so I hear some news around the town. I believe he got burnt a few times in preseason for big gains, I'm just hoping he brings a spark.

39 minutes ago, Buffalobuckner said:

More recent. I've followed him a bit while he was in training camp and practice. His family lives about 5 minutes from me so I hear some news around the town. I believe he got burnt a few times in preseason for big gains, I'm just hoping he brings a spark.

Lol that makes more sense. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Zierlein was spot on with his projection.............

Analysis

Strengths

Three-year starter who has posted tremendous ball production at Duke. Plays with quality pattern recognition and jumps the route hard once he reads it. Isn't satisfied unless he is swiping at and disrupting a catch. Good leaper who times his jumps. Has had 26 passes defensed over last two seasons and 12 interceptions during his career. Plays with quality instincts inside his coverage. Has a feel for angles and uses it to undercut routes. Willing to step downhill quickly when it is time to support the run.

Weaknesses

Gets too upright and narrow from his backpedal when asked to flip his hips in transition. Slow to mash the gas and accelerate after receivers beat him from press coverage. Allows vertical separation leading to big plays. Allowed high numbers in yardage per catch throughout his career. Missing instant twitch to match routes out of their breaks. Desire to make plays causes him to lag behind deep coverage if he sees a bait route drifting into his coverage area. Doesn't carry much force as a tackler.

Draft Projection

Round 7-PFA

Bottom Line

Borders' ball production and completion percentage against over the last two seasons (38.3 percent in 2016 and 42 percent in 2015) are indicative of his instincts and ball skills. Borders chances as an NFL cornerback could be dampened by his inability to carry long speed down the field. He's a late-round pick or undrafted free agent who is best suited in off-man or zone coverage. -Lance Zierlein

That's the  defensive scheme McD and Frasier play, hopefully he is a fit for the defense.

9 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

That's the  defensive scheme McD and Frasier play, hopefully he is a fit for the defense.

...great point bud.....maybe it means Beane and his scout gang scour the planet 24/7 to make this club better.....better show their wares in the 2018 draft as well, but it is encouraging now...........

8 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

Why would anybody want to take out Gronk?  Can't wait!     Good pickup for this time of the year to stay on subject.  Yup- Can't wait.

It should be Kyle.  He's likely retiring at the end of the year.  The only thing the NFL can do is suspend him for the last game of his career.

8 hours ago, CSBill said:

Well, this guy thinks he's good. But then again, there is a reason GM's and Coaches don't take fan and sports writer opinion polls before they make personnel moves. 

Nonetheless, let's hope he's right and the Bills have pulled off a Patriot-like move here.

Perhaps their roster is too tight because they are holding out hope in a parity-stricken AFC West?  Are they still alive?

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm glad we got a little diamond in the rough but I feel Oakland's pain cause if we had lost Reilly I would be so pissed. 

I always like these late-season, practice-squad raids.  It's like opening up a Christmas present.  It's hard to tell what is inside, even if you can tell a little bit about the contents before you open it, but you're never really sure how much you'll like it.  
On the other hand, it might end up trashed before February.

19 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Exactly.

Plus, Beane cleaned house on our Dbacks and put together an impressive back 4 using only one draft pick last year, so he's proven to me he knows what he's doing in that area.

We'll see the kid up close now, and get a better evaluation of his skills.

Oh really. Did he do that for the Carolina team last year during the draft? Beane was not with the Bills during the last draft.