Panthers' Owner Jerry Richarson Under Investigation for Workplace Misconduct

26CornerBlitz

By Dan Gartland- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

December 18, 2017

Eddie DeBartolo Jr., the Hall of Fame former 49ers owner, is interested in buying the Panthers, ESPN’s Jim Trotter reports

DeBartolo released a statement to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times saying he won’t discuss the Panthers until their season is over. 

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson announced Sunday that he would put the team up for sale after the season after he was accused of sexual harassment and racial insensitivity by team employees. The team announced on Monday that Richardson was giving up day-to-day control of the club’s operations

DeBartolo’s father, Edward Sr., bought the 49ers in 1977 and gave control to Eddie. DeBartolo helped turn the 49ers into one of the NFL’s most dominant franchises. He was eventually forced out after allegedly paying $400,000 to the governor of Louisiana to get a gambling license approved. DeBartolo’s sister, Denise DeBartolo York, gained control of the team in 2000 and she later turned it over to her son, Jed York. 

DeBartolo, 71, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016. 

The Panthers are the first NFL team to hit the market since Terry and Kim Pegula bought the Bills in 2014. Forbes values the franchise at $2.3 billion

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

By Dan Gartland- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

December 18, 2017

Eddie DeBartolo Jr., the Hall of Fame former 49ers owner, is interested in buying the Panthers, ESPN’s Jim Trotter reports

DeBartolo released a statement to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times saying he won’t discuss the Panthers until their season is over. 

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson announced Sunday that he would put the team up for sale after the season after he was accused of sexual harassment and racial insensitivity by team employees. The team announced on Monday that Richardson was giving up day-to-day control of the club’s operations

DeBartolo’s father, Edward Sr., bought the 49ers in 1977 and gave control to Eddie. DeBartolo helped turn the 49ers into one of the NFL’s most dominant franchises. He was eventually forced out after allegedly paying $400,000 to the governor of Louisiana to get a gambling license approved. DeBartolo’s sister, Denise DeBartolo York, gained control of the team in 2000 and she later turned it over to her son, Jed York. 

DeBartolo, 71, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016. 

The Panthers are the first NFL team to hit the market since Terry and Kim Pegula bought the Bills in 2014. Forbes values the franchise at $2.3 billion

Damn, Carolina would be lucky to have him as owner. 

He won 5 Super Bowls in 14 years! 

Although he is getting older now (71). 

On 12/18/2017 at 12:19 PM, Boyst62 said:

I wish this would happen so bad. We could laugh off that wannabe thug badass who pretends to be something he's not and not even worth a billion to sign a terrible quarterback like Kaepernick.

It'll never happen. Those two douchebags won't ever be near a team.

But good job for Sean Combs getting headlines. 

Wait, why is he a "thug"?

Oh, I bet I know

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, GoBills808 said:

Racial, not sexual, at least from what I'm hearing.

Both, I finally read the full Jerry Richardson report, hilarious:

"Then, in his rolling Southern drawl, he’d offer comment, drawing from a store of one-liners he’d recycle each week. Among those in heaviest rotation: Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up."

The dude sucks, I don't know why we have to change this conversation to our thoughts on workplace etiquette. This is a 71 year old powerful man who is the boss of everybody he works with, pretty sure none of us fall under that umbrella.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Both, I finally read the full Jerry Richardson report, hilarious:

"Then, in his rolling Southern drawl, he’d offer comment, drawing from a store of one-liners he’d recycle each week. Among those in heaviest rotation: Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up."

The dude sucks, I don't know why we have to change this conversation to our thoughts on workplace etiquette. This is a 71 year old powerful man who is the boss of everybody he works with, pretty sure none of us fall under that umbrella.

You're correct. And I don't have much to say about workplace etiquette, although I actually am the boss of everyone I work with...thing is everyone who works for me is male. 

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

He's actually a wannabe thug. Because Diddy has a rep for acting hard but not backing it up. Learn a thing about hip hop or history in general before you spout off about "racism" when you don't have a clue.

Until one white person gets called a thug it is what it is. 

Hip hop history has nothing to do with dog whistles. 

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Because he is black, jeez. You're slow.

I chuckled

Edited by blitzboy54

The NFL has opted to use outside counsel to run the misconduct probe of outgoing Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson rather than investigating the matter on its own, league spokesman Joe Lockhart said Thursday.

“This is a broad issue that we think that expertise of an outside firm can bring with many different potential issues we face here,” Lockhart said on conference call. “We just made the judgement that an outside firm is most appropriate.”