Options for OC?

6 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Even if Dorsey is good, I am just damn sick of getting more people from Carolina - a team I have next to zero respect for.  Boo.

.....I'm NOT advocating him, but as you said, this "Carolina Connection" is getting old......reminds me of Wrecks and the Jesters....Dorsey may be a good choice, but I hope they think outside of the box is all that I am saying........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

McCoy was the #1 guy McDermott wanted. He was fired several weeks ago by Denver. Seems pretty easy to find blame in the OC. Play doesn’t work it’s the OC’s fault. What kind of call was that? I do it too. I bet Denver fans are saying we should have kept Dennison ?

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....I'm NOT advocating him, but as you said, this "Carolina Connection" is getting old......reminds me of Wrecks and the Jesters....Dorsey may be a good choice, but I hope they think outside of the box is all that I am saying........

I  agree with you.  We can't keep putting our hands in the Carolina cooke jar.   This is one thing that does concern me about McDermott, his seemingly refusal to think outside the box and take a chance on something different.

What ever they do next season i know they need a new O line coach because this blocking scheme for the players the Bills have SUCKS !! 

The only thing Juan has is choosing to go to the Ravens at the right time to have a SB ring for doing little or nothing, he may be a good guy but even when he was in Philly & Reid put him in charge of the of the D (i think it was) every one thought that was a head scratcher ...

Should have kept Kromer but the Rams are glad we didn't !!!

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I doubt Dennison is gone after this year.  

...believe you are correct...same for Castillo......it will be a matter of trusting "the process" and trusting "the system" which infers the lackluster results are the fault of wrong personnel......as they say in Mizzou, "then show me" this off season and 2018 draft...........

Well I think we retained Dennison and see what he can do with a QB of his choosing from draft or free agency. I think Mayfield would be perfect for his scheme. Quick passer who throws his receivers open which is what Rick likes to do with his passing game. Dennison is very up and down. He sometimes makes great play calls other times he makes terrible play calls but let's see what he could do with a QB that he wants for his system.

But if we do let Dennison go then the answer is obviously Rob Chudzinski. Great OC who is currently making the best of his situation with Brissett as his QB. Worked in Carolina we're he became great friends with Sean. Will be available when Pagano is fired. 

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I know that was a joke, but now that he's spent a few years as the QB coach in Green Bay ("QB University"), learning from McCarthy, he might actually become a decent OC. He didn't exactly have a good role model in Buffalo.

It was a joke because I didn't know where he was working when his name popped into my head, but once I saw he was at GB I shared your line of thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I  agree with you.  We can't keep putting our hands in the Carolina cooke jar.   This is one thing that does concern me about McDermott, his seemingly refusal to think outside the box and take a chance on something different.

Who from Carolina has McDermott grabbed as a coach?  Frazier, Dennison, Castillo, both Babichs, Boras, Byrd, Waufle, Teerlinck...none of those guys are from Carolina.  I guess I am just missing the guys that you say McDermott brought from Carolina.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Who from Carolina has McDermott grabbed as a coach?  Frazier, Dennison, Castillo, both Babichs, Boras, Byrd, Waufle, Teerlinck...none of those guys are from Carolina.  I guess I am just missing the guys that you say McDermott brought from Carolina.  

Not so much coach, but players.  But come to think of it, a lot of coaches bring players from their former team.  You are correct regarding coaches.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not so much coach, but players.  But come to think of it, a lot of coaches bring players from their former team.  You are correct regarding coaches.

Not trying to bash you or anything I'm just wondering if I missed something.  Sure we grabbed Tolbert, Webb and Leonard Johnson but really that's been it from what I can remember.  Oh and the wide out that was here for a few weeks.  I don't see that as being a lot for a new coach though and some of those guys will likely be replaced this offseason

Edited by Buffalo30

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Not trying to bash you or anything I'm just wondering if I missed something.  Sure we grabbed Tolbert, Webb and Leonard Johnson but really that's been it from what I can remember.  Oh and the wide out that was here for a few weeks.  I don't see that as being a lot though.  

Nope, you're good.  I think you're thinking about Kelvin Benjamin.  Carolina fans were not happy about that trade.

I agree with your OP,  it would be good if McDermott thought out of the box if he gets a new OC, and hopefully OLine coordinator.  Might be too much to hope for, but this offseason will be interesting.  

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Nope, you're good.  I think you're thinking about Kelvin Benjamin.  Carolina fans were not happy about that trade.

I agree with your OP,  it would be good if McDermott thought out of the box if he gets a new OC, and hopefully OLine coordinator.  Might be too much to hope for, but this offseason will be interesting.  

Haha wow.  My brain somehow forgot Benjamin but I actually like the kid when healthy.  I understand the beef with that move though since he has been hurt. 

I just think an OC move is the right move.  He wasn't his first choice and he basically has a chance to hit the reset button as it seems like we will be getting our new QB this offseason.  Why not pair the young QB with a young innovative OC who isn't set in his ways?  It certainly will be an interesting offseason

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, Bangarang said:

Didn’t we interview Dorsey before hiring Dennison? Seems unlikely his name gets brought up since McD could have hired him to begin with.

Rob Chudzinski - Seems like an obvious choice with the Carolina history and who is likely to be unemployed once Pagano gets fired.

Sean Ryan - QB coach for the Texans

John Morton - OC for the Jets. Seems unlikely that Bowles gets fired but if he does I’d look at Morton who I think has done a good job with the Jets

Sean Ryan who is absolutely 100% my #1 choice for OC if I am drafting a QB in the 1st is interviewing for the Browns OC job.  Unfortunately with a proper GM in place now and not a bunch of under qualified numpties the Browns might start to make sensible decisions.  This would be a step along that road.