More from obd

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

The divide isn't just McDermott and Beane. It's inner office folks, established groups.

This has been a conversation in a few PM's among some here. 

.....not to mention the fan base. :)

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Agreed.  Beane is the smartest guy in the room.  He's the guy I want making decisions on how to build this team. 

How do you know this?  He's never been responsible for making player personnel decisions before.  There's a big difference between being an assist and being the guy in charge.  The 2 big player personnel moves that can be attributed to him in Buffalo were the Watkins and Benjamin trades, neither of which suggests he's close to being "the smartest guy in the room".  Watkins has not only stayed healthy in LA but he's repeatedly helped insure that that 2nd rounder the Bills got for him will be at the end of the 2nd round not at the beginning.  Benjamin has a history of knee problems, was hurt when the Bills traded for him, and has been hurt most of the time he's been here.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Isn’t this the same poster who had a temper tantrum the other day and vowed to not post anymore because he was unwanted?

I’m taking this as opinion masked in “sources”

I'm not saying he's right, but I definitely know that he is not wrong. There was talk of a separation in the office early in the season

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

The divide isn't just McDermott and Beane. It's inner office folks, established groups.

This has been a conversation in a few PM's among some here. 

it seems like we have heard about the established groups causing friction for years.  What stops pegs from cleaning them out?  Did Wilson protect them on the way out. 

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

How do you know this?  He's never been responsible for making player personnel decisions before.  There's a big difference between being an assist and being the guy in charge.  The 2 big player personnel moves that can be attributed to him in Buffalo were the Watkins and Benjamin trades, neither of which suggests he's close to being "the smartest guy in the room".  Watkins has not only stayed healthy in LA but he's repeatedly helped insure that that 2nd rounder the Bills got for him will be at the end of the 2nd round not at the beginning.  Benjamin has a history of knee problems, was hurt when the Bills traded for him, and has been hurt most of the time he's been here.

I don't want McDermott making final calls he has a lot Dick Jouron in him 

22 minutes ago, Lancaster Lenny said:

I think the Dunkirk Dimwit has been in a few too many of my devastating sleeper holds.  The lack of oxygen to the brain during my trademark closing move, has been know to cause incoherent rambling about anything and everything. 

Whatcha' gonna do when Lancaster Lenny gets you in the super seismic stifling sleeper!

Meh.

This schtick is not as intriguing as Dunkirk.

At least his has to do with the Bills and makes for a conversation (even if unlikely to be real). You can keep your B-level pro wrestling talk.

8 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The more important question is, how many times does DD go hunting in a week? I mean to get this many scoops in the last couple days, he has to be out there hunting 24/7, doesn't he?

Exactly. At this point it's a matter of buck shotting ideas and seeing what hits the flesh. Pretty much the LaCanfornia approach.

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If no state money will be used to build the stadium, who would be "selling bonds"?

not saying he is right, but businesses can sell bonds as well as the gov't 

so in this case, the bond would likely be from the bills or pegula ent.

Edited by PaattMaann

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Meh.

This schtick is not as intriguing as Dunkirk.

At least his has to do with the Bills and makes for a conversation (even if unlikely to be real). You can keep your B-level pro wrestling talk.

Okay.  No need to be all Bills talk 24x7.  No need to be harsh.  My deep source is only a quick text away.  What is it that you would like to know?

• Like (+1) 1

If we are going to roll the dice on a player fully recovering from injury. I want it to be a guy like Cordy. Drafted by us, played at a very high level, franchise LT. I am willing to eat the cap space, and possibly look for his replacement. 

The draft pick is nice, but we are creating holes, that need to be filled with that draft pick or FA. Pay Cordy another year or so.  Move Dawkins to RT, Cordy to LT, and we are in a better spot. If it does not pan out, we are in a slightly worse position/the same place we are now with Dawkins at LT and still a need to overhaul the right side of the line.  I mean what is the real value here. Trading Cordy for a rookie RG? Depth at LB or DT?

If I trade my "starting" left tackle, even if there is some concern about longevity, I am still rolling the dice with status of my franchise.  I need more than a draft pick that will be used on depth/a guy that might be out of the league in 3 years. I need a guy that will be with my franchise for the next 3-5 years as a starter. Not super star, but starter.  

9 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I don't want McDermott making final calls he has a lot Dick Jouron in him 

My observation was only in relation to the assertion about Beane being "the smartest guy in the room", and I'll stand by it.  Since we don't even know exactly what Beane's actual responsibilities are for player personnel decisions, annointing him as some kind of "genius" is nonsense.  He dealt primarily with ordinary personnel decisions (job descriptions, wages, benefits, etc) rather than with decisions about which players to acquire, release or retain during most of his time in Carolina, so McDermott may very well have better player evaluation skills.   IMO, Beane is the same kind of GM that Whaley was: subservient to the higher ups in the Bills FO and to McDermott.