More from obd

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All season long the vault of info has been sealed tight and now DD opens the flood gates.   It just doesn't fit imo.   

I said the same last night and asked him a few other questions and he wouldn't respond to them. If he has info, great, but you can't come in with thin skin and get mad when people ask for follow on info.

2 minutes ago, JPP said:

Cousins is one of the better QB's in the league this season (stat wise) playing on an overall very bad football team.....highly unlikely he will go to the bills but if he does we just landed our "franchise" QB!

while that may be true, imo Washington screwed him over and any team that might be interested in signing him even themselves.  

20 minutes ago, essential said:

MAJBobby, do your sources have any info on the stadium stuff Don has brought up as well?  Has it already been decided it's going to be open air and the location is locked in already?

No not directly my friends are not on the business side. I do think the feasibility study included a smaller open air stadium on the east side though. 

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

I said the same last night and asked him a few other questions and he wouldn't respond to them. If he has info, great, but you can't come in with thin skin and get mad when people ask for follow on info.

It would be different if he were here for more than 3 weeks also.   Newbie shows up with "inside" info is too dame fishy.  

I'll post it again (and get ignored again) - 

Hi I'm SBF 

The Bills will get rid of TT (eventually)

The Bills will get rid of Dennison (eventually)

The Bills will build a new stadium (eventually)

4 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

In his defense typically more offseason plans start to get looked at later in the season and put together later in the season. 

Also it isnt like there has been a lockdown at OBD there have been leaks all offseason and season just pay attention 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

In his defense typically more offseason plans start to get looked at later in the season and put together later in the season. 

Also it isnt like there has been a lockdown at OBD there have been leaks all offseason and season just pay attention 

Understood, my point was more the leaks that were more widespread have slowed down in terms of what has come out.  I think it was more when he stated Cousins has ties to Buffalo he was asked several times and I know I didn't see a response(possible I missed it), and kept talking about the land for the new stadium, but just kept telling people to look it up after we all confirmed you need an account to do it and it's not that easy.

I'm all for it if he has inside info, speaking for me it's appreciated to know that people are willing to share.  I just think that if you're going to come here and start posting "inside info" but then remaining vague and really only speaking to news that's already out there, you open yourself up to people questioning your info.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No not directly my friends are not on the business side. I do think the feasibility study included a smaller open air stadium on the east side though. 

Do your friends realize how lucky they are?  My dream job would be to work for the Buffalo Bills.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Didn’t see an attack.

Do you know what an attack is?

I do. It sounds a bit like this:

"Truthfully, this all just sounds like hot garbage. Please tell Cathy and Mark I’m disappointed."

"Well, I heard better BS from a drunk on Elmwood on Saturday before the game. Thanks for the laugh."

In any (reasonably) polite society, this is generally regarded as an attack -- nasty and dismissive snark. 

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Since 2015 when Cousins became a starter he's averaged 67.56% passing for 12,523 yards, 76TDs and 32INTs. Perennially a top ANY/A performer, ranked above both Roethlisberger and Rodgers over the last 3 years. Throw in the 12 rushing TDs and the 98.8 passer rating too if you like. He's also only 27 and getting better. How people think he's anything but a franchise QB is beyond me...if I were the Bills I'd make him the highest paid QB in the league and wouldn't think twice.

When there was the whole national debate about Tyrod, some of the things you'd read showed his stats, talked about you can't bench a guy like that.  Then there were Bills fans who retorted that if you watched the games, no matter what the stats are, you can see Tyrod is a limited QB.  Other things I read said that multiple regimes in Buffalo have been reluctant to commit to Tyrod ... which should tell you something that isn't visible in the stats.

In terms of Cousins, he's put up those numbers and that FO and coaching staff know him, he's a good guy, not a public distraction or anything, and that team still does not want to commit to him long term.  They know him better than we do.  That doesn't worry you?

This is from July 2017 ... and I tend to agree.  He's better than we've had, but the money HAS to be factored into it.  He's worth 16-18m, Tyrod's tier in terms of money, but I don't think he's worth what he's going to want (25-30m).

http://radio.cbssports.com/2017/07/19/former-nfl-scout-kirk-cousins-is-not-a-franchise-quarterback/

After low-balling Kirk Cousins this offseason, the Washington Redskins apparently don’t consider Cousins to be a franchise quarterback.

It appears that perspective is not unique to Washington.

“I find that the money that they offered him was a very, very fair deal,” former NFL scout and current DallasCowboys.com analyst Bryan Broaddus told John Jastremski, who was filling in as host of CBS Sports Radio’s After Hours with Amy Lawrence. “I’ve seen Kirk Cousins play very well in games. I haven’t seen Kirk Cousins finish a lot of games.”

Over the last two seasons, Cousins has completed 68.3 percent of his passes, thrown for 9,000+ yards, and accounted for 63 touchdowns (54 passing, nine rushing) to only 23 interceptions.

Broaddus said he has “a lot of respect” for Cousins, but he does not feel he is a franchise quarterback.

“I’ll tell you this, though: I’ve been a part of some teams that didn’t have a quarterback – and you die when you don’t have a quarterback,” Broaddus said. “I wish that those Cowboy teams from the early 2000s . . . had a Kirk Cousins to make a difference. But as far as the franchise quarterback, I would have to lean toward probably saying no there.”

Edit:

Other opinions

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000808843/article/kirk-cousins-franchise-qb-opinions-vary-on-washington-redskins-starter

I'm only putting Bucky's in here because this is basically my view of Cousins.

Bucky Brooks

Does Cousins elevate those around him like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady?
So much of Kirk Cousins' success is dependent on his supporting cast, so I would say he's not a franchise quarterback. He's had the opportunity to play with one of the best receiving corps -- with DeSean Jackson, Jordan Reed and Pierre Garcon -- and a talented offensive line. Also, the last two years, he was playing in a system that was tailor-made to his game. With the departure of Jackson and Garcon, we get a chance to see if Cousins is good enough to carry a team. Franchise QBs are expected to raise the level of play of their teammates. Can that happen in 2017? I'm skeptical. 

Will he be a franchise quarterback in the future? I don't think he will be. I don't see him as a $30 million quarterback.

Edited by essential

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I do. It sounds a bit like this:

"Truthfully, this all just sounds like hot garbage. Please tell Cathy and Mark I’m disappointed."

"Well, I heard better BS from a drunk on Elmwood on Saturday before the game. Thanks for the laugh."

In any (reasonably) polite society, this is generally regarded as an attack -- nasty and dismissive snark. 

Nah. Not attacks. Two guys sharing their opinion on a thread. I don’t see anyone calling him names or posting threats.

Sounds like you’re a sensitive one as well.

5 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I am just sharing what I am being told. Not going to argue with you.  Believe and evaluate what you want. It is not my job to justify anything here.  My sources tell me things and I share.  Sounds like I should just be quiet.

You should if you can't toughen up a bit. 

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

Understood, my point was more the leaks that were more widespread have slowed down in terms of what has come out.  I think it was more when he stated Cousins has ties to Buffalo he was asked several times and I know I didn't see a response(possible I missed it), and kept talking about the land for the new stadium, but just kept telling people to look it up after we all confirmed you need an account to do it and it's not that easy.

I'm all for it if he has inside info, speaking for me it's appreciated to know that people are willing to share.  I just think that if you're going to come here and start posting "inside info" but then remaining vague and really only speaking to news that's already out there, you open yourself up to people questioning your info.

And that is understandable. When i post stuff i hear i always try to clarify and be as specific as possible. Could my friends be wrong sure they can, could team change direction or make a last minute change yep. 

Even my friends warn me to take what they saynwith a grain of salt as well because NFL FOs are very fluid 

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Do your friends realize how lucky they are?  My dream job would be to work for the Buffalo Bills.

Yes they love it. Heck my one buddy is a huge Bills fan and loves his job in another Organization as well. Just being around football for their job is amazing they say. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And that is understandable. When i post stuff i hear i always try to clarify and be as specific as possible. Could my friends be wrong sure they can, could team change direction or make a last minute change yep. 

Even my friends warn me to take what they saynwith a grain of salt as well because NFL FOs are very fluid 

And the thing is, you stick around to discuss it, you haven't pulled the equivalent of I'm going to take my ball and go home.  Personally I respect that more.

Just now, essential said:

When there was the whole national debate about Tyrod, some of the things you'd read showed his stats, talked about you can't bench a guy like that.  Then there were Bills fans who retorted that if you watched the games, no matter what the stats are, you can see Tyrod is a limited QB.  Other things I read said that multiple regimes in Buffalo have been reluctant to commit to Tyrod ... which should tell you something that isn't visible in the stats.

In terms of Cousins, he's put up those numbers and that FO and coaching staff know him, he's a good guy, not a public distraction or anything, and that team still does not want to commit to him long term.  They know him better than we do.  That doesn't worry you?

This is from July 2017 ... and I tend to agree.  He's better than we've had, but the money HAS to be factored into it.  He's worth 16-18m, Tyrod's tier in terms of money, but I don't think he's worth what he's going to want.

Taylor's stats were primarily efficiency-based, which is a giveaway in terms of his long term value to a club (meaning they/we weren't using him as a 'franchise' guy re: usage and thus his stats, while nice, needed to be read with that in mind). Cousins' aren't. He's legit. That Snyder and Washington don't want to commit to him long term speaks more to me about how dysfunctional that front office is, especially in dealing with the RGIII fiasco which I know for a fact still causes bad blood on both sides. It's a personality issue, not talent.

And color me unsurprised a Cowboys analyst doesn't like Cousins. I mean, really...you think he and Taylor are going to get the same money? Come on.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

Nah. Not attacks. Two guys sharing their opinion on a thread. I don’t see anyone calling him names or posting threats.

Sounds like you’re a sensitive one as well.

Saying someone is providing "hot garbage" or is the equivalent of a drunk on Elmwood is by definition insulting them. 

It's not hard to be polite. Also, why the impulse to tweak me -- "Do you know what an attack is?"; "Sounds like you're a sensitive one as well." What's the point of that?

The board is a better place when vigorous and sometimes hot debate is done with at least a modicum of politeness. My general view is that snark is a weapon of the weak and best avoided. It doesn't reflect well on people who rely on it when crafting an argument. It's typically not funny either. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes they love it. Heck my one buddy is a huge Bills fan and loves his job in another Organization as well. Just being around football for their job is amazing they say. 

........have any room for 1 more friend?  Just kidding.

I saw on a post that you mentioned the Bills were going to look at FA to help on OL and DL.  I couldn't find the post.  Are they looking at Carolina's free agents?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

And color me unsurprised a Cowboys analyst doesn't like Cousins. I mean, really...you think he and Taylor are going to get the same money? Come on.

I don't think Taylor and him are going to make the same money, but it's what I think Cousins is worth, he's a second tier QB in my opinion and shouldn't be paid like a top 5 guy.  Part of his value is messed up because since he was tagged twice in a row it's raised his price tag to an unreasonable range based on that alone.  Again, i'll say, I'd take Cousins for the right price, but I absolutely don't want him for a 5 year deal paying him 25-30m per year, I def don't think he's worth that.