Coach Tuesday's Tyrod Thread

Coach Tuesday

The passing offense was fine with Roman especially when Watkins was healthy.  Taylor threw 20 TD's in only 380 throws.  The less Watkins played the less TD's were thrown.  The less play makers you have as pass catchers the less plays are made.  It really stands to reason.   You want to know why Wilson wins football games take a look at his help.  He's throwing to Baldwin and Graham and his defense has given up 17, 18, and 19 points the last 3 years while ours hasn't done better than giving up 22.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod completed 57% of his passes in college and had 44 career tds and was talked about switching to defensive back in the pros.

Russell Wilson completed 73% of his passes his senior year, had 103 career tds, and would have been a first rounder if he was taller.

Taylor isn't the worst and he isn't close to the best. He doesn't really move the needle either way. Hea overachieved in the NFL and will make some good money. But your team has a very low ceiling if he's your qb. I wish him the best and can't wait to have a qb where our game plans aren't made for limiting him throwing the ball.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

8 hours ago, SlamnSam said:

If Tyrod starts today it’s a gaurenteed loss. Taylor no longer has the ability to win. His confidence has been shredded over all his horrendous performance this year. He is the least capable qb on this roster . 

Which would leave you with Webb at QB and quite frankly, maybe not a bad idea. But the truth is it's Twoyard "one moe time" and it all happens with the season on the line. There's just no way to catch a break as a Bills fan. 

23 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

Which would leave you with Webb at QB and quite frankly, maybe not a bad idea. But the truth is it's Twoyard "one moe time" and it all happens with the season on the line. There's just no way to catch a break as a Bills fan. 

with a helping of tolbert on the side...

44 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

This is what's incredible. After all of this Tyrod talk for the last 3 years, McD, Dennison, Beane and the rest of OBD has given Tyrod the opportunity to put together 3 great games, lead this team to the playoffs and play on a national stage in January. He has got a legit #1 running back, receiver and TE with a healthy McCoy, Benjamin and Clay and we have seen him put together 3 good games in a row. Who is ready for another year of Tyrod talk?

Edited by Bills Pimpin'
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SlamnSam said:

If Tyrod starts today it’s a gaurenteed loss. Taylor no longer has the ability to win. His confidence has been shredded over all his horrendous performance this year. He is the least capable qb on this roster . 

and one of the least capable in the NFL. 

D coordinators have him figured out and the opponents game plans now have him getting 150 yards on a good day. I think today is going to resemble the Pats, Saints, etc bad games.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure folks have seen this yet, but Andy Benoit's very controversial column on Russell Wilson is the talk of the town in certain corners of the internet:   https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/13/russell-wilson-seattle-seahawks-mvp-darrell-bevell

The reason I bring this up is that it's the same sort of criticism Taylor gets (some of it fair, to be sure). (**NOTE BEFORE I GO ON: I AM NOT SAYING TAYLOR IS ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS RUSSELL WILSON!!).  I'm not a huge fan of Benoit, who seems to have spent so much time talking to coordinators that he has the NFL-Robot equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome.  Dennison strikes me as one of "those" guys who hate players like Taylor/Wilson/etc. because their grandly designed plans mean nothing when schemed plays degenerate into schoolyard plays so often. The thing is, Dennison fits a classic type of coordinator -- the type who is frustrated when he has a player like Wilson running his offense via freestyling. Such coordinators don't like the lack of consistency that a player like Wilson brings on a play-by-play basis, and I think this stems in part from the fact that it sorta obviates their jobs.   (Incidentally,  I can see Kirk Cousins, who is really good at operating the sort of system that Dennison likes, being very high on the Bills' shopping list for these reasons.) 

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting piece, less for its insight than as a window into the type of standard-issue robo-playcalling mindset that Benoit is channeling here. Anyone who thinks Matt Stafford is a better player than Russell Wilson needs to have his head examined. And I like Stafford.  Saying that is just a dumb take by Benoit. 

(Peter King's take: "I think if you want me to excoriate Andy Benoit for his Russell Wilson-isn’t-that-good take, you’ll be waiting for a long time. When I started The MMQB, I focused on young writers who were good and who didn’t think the way I did. I think Andy’s nuts, rating Matthew Stafford over Wilson, but so what? He can defend his point and feels strongly about it. And if he takes some shrapnel over it, so be it. He gets that if you want to write strong opinions on the big stage, you’re going to get grief.")

Finally, Deadspin's reaction to the piece is pretty epic: https://deadspin.com/this-andy-benoit-take-about-russell-wilson-is-so-!@#$in-1821290666.

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

No dude. 

Tyrod cant throw and sucks. He gets 0 credit for anything.

Good call.

Ok he played a decent Half. You think that's going to continue or do you think the second half do nothing Tyrod will show up at the next game. I have zero confidence in this guy even if he did have a decent 2 quarters. You can get all the hopes up you want but Tyrod is not someone who will take this team anywhere except out of the playoffs.

It hasn't been fun.  It's been painful.  After three years, when every single one of us can name the opponents against whom he's had a great game, all I can do is shake my head.  Can you name all the teams against whom someone like Brady has played great against?  No.

This was just a Rex gem who stuck around too !@#$ing long and I'll be as happy the day he leaves as I was the day Flutie left.  Which is ironic, because they both sucked in the same exact ways.  On and off the field.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Time for the next chapter and I honestly don't give a flying !@#$ who it is, as long as it's not Tyrod !@#$ing Taylor.

Go Bills!

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It hasn't been fun.  It's been painful.  After three years, when every single one of us can name the opponents against whom he's had a great game, all I can do is shake my head.  Can you name all the teams against whom someone like Brady has played great against?  No.

This was just a Rex gem who stuck around too !@#$ing long and I'll be as happy the day he leaves as I was the day Flutie left.  Which is ironic, because they both sucked in the same exact ways.  On and off the field.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Time for the next chapter and I honestly don't give a flying !@#$ who it is, as long as it's not Tyrod !@#$ing Taylor.

Go Bills!

Right. You don't care at all who's next right up until the point where you do.  Anybody but Losman!! Anybody but Edwards!! Anybody but Fitz!! Anybody but EJ!! Anybody but Orton!! Predictably, here we are and its anybody but Taylor.  Anybody but ___________ is the answer at QB and has been for a decade.

I know its been foretold in ancient texts that McBeane would show up and draft the Chosen one who would smote Tyrod the anti-QB and start on day one heralding in a Golden Era of prosperity and winning, but I think its worth hedging our bets a little.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1