Coach Tuesday's Tyrod Thread

Coach Tuesday

43 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Huge difference between the two.  The simple aggression that Wilson plays with in the passing game puts him in a completely different category than Tyrod.  Tyrod is conservative and doesn't take chances while Wilson consistently takes chances and has a high success rate when doing so.  His willingness to let his wide receivers make a play and trust in his teammates is on a different level than Tyrod's.

Ding...Ding....Ding

Here's the winning answer!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The passing game wasn’t working for us. That’s kind of the point since this is a Tyrod thread. We had a top 10 scoring offense despite an anemic a passing attack. 

He still accounted for 23 of our 46 TDs either in the air or by his own legs.  He still made key first downs whether by air or by his own feet.  It still put us in the top 10 of scoring no matter how you look at it.  The one game EJ played dropped us from 7th to 10th.

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

It was working if you like blowouts vs bad teams, no shows vs good teams, and .500 football.   

I wish the cot would let this die.  

There is no CoT Crusher.  If there is then I am not part of it.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As we close out the Tyrod Era with three final games, I thought I'd take the time to start my first and only Tyrod thread.

I came across this article about Russell Wilson, and reading it reminded me of Tyrod in many ways - if you sub out Wilson with Tyrod, and sub in a decent offensive coordinator like Bevell, you'd get a similar analysis IMO.  The gist: a player who is hard to design gameplans for on offense, but equally hard to design gameplans to stop on defense.

Anyhow, I wish Tyrod luck.  Hopefully luck and good agent work will get him somewhere where he can be paired up with a creative offensive mind.  Ty, it was fun watching you do your thing, as frustrating as it sometimes was - there were miraculous "wow" moments in there as well.

Happy reading folks:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/13/russell-wilson-seattle-seahawks-mvp-darrell-bevell

d0pMg.gif

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

My main issue with Roman was the slow play calling, and not having a 2 minute offense.  

agreed. 
I miss Kromer btw

45 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Have elite rushing attacks? That’s really the big difference. This year. Statistically Tyrod is doing what he always does. 

But that was working.
what happened to that?

no downfield threats any more perhaps?

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The passing game wasn’t working for us. That’s kind of the point since this is a Tyrod thread. We had a top 10 scoring offense despite an anemic a passing attack. 

it worked enough to open up the run game didn't it?

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ding...Ding....Ding

Here's the winning answer!

Its true. But why does he protect the ball so much?

Edited by 3rdand12

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its true. But why does he protect the ball so much?

IMO, it's because he doesn't see the field or sees something too late and takes or is forced to check it down, the safe throw. 

IMO if he is seeing things too late, then he is failing to recognize things pre snap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LarryMadman said:

IMO, it's because he doesn't see the field or sees something too late and takes or is forced to check it down, the safe throw. 

IMO if he is seeing things too late, then he is failing to recognize things pre snap.

No question about the pre snap errors that occur.

But he often seems over protective with he does see the player open. And i do not mean when We fans see a player open, but when he clearly has his eyes on someone he often seems to hesitate

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He still accounted for 23 of our 46 TDs either in the air or by his own legs.  He still made key first downs whether by air or by his own feet.  It still put us in the top 10 of scoring no matter how you look at it.  The one game EJ played dropped us from 7th to 10th.

He was largely along for the ride. Let’s not pretend like he was the driving force behind our top 10 scoring offense because that would just be silly. If the running game was doing well then we were typically doing well and scoring points. 

The one game EJ played also only had McCoy in the game for 5 carries. Let’s not pretend all things were equal and the only difference was EJ.

our offense was really good because the running game was really good. Now it’s not and unsurprisingly the offense has not done as well. Tyrod has still had his typical production. Saying you want to go back to what Roman and Lynn did is basically just saying you want an elite rushing attack again because the passing game is exactly where it has been the last 2 years as well.

Edited by Bangarang

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He was largely along for the ride. Let’s not pretend like he was the driving force behind our top 10 scoring offense because that would just be silly. If the running game was doing well then we were typically doing well and scoring points. 

The one game EJ played also only had McCoy in the game for 5 carries. Let’s not pretend all things were equal and the only difference was EJ.

our offense was really good because the running game was really good. Now it’s not and unsurprisingly the offense has not done as well. Tyrod has still had his typical production. Saying you want to go back to what Ran and Lynn did is basically just saying you want an elite rushing attack again.l because the passing game is exactly where it has been the last 2 years as well.

Well if you go back to my original post I indicated that Tyrod wasn't responsible for all those points but was a piece of it.

Lets not pretend that Tyrod was horrible the last couple years and had nothing to do with the points our offense scored.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

And before that it was Kaepernick and Alex Smith.... http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/09/30/the-greg-roman-re-re-evaluation-if-you-were-paying-attention-during-his-49ers-tenure-you-actually-dont-have-to-keep-changing-your-mind/

–The staggering amount of delay-of-game penalties and rushed snaps at the play-clock was not a great example of strategic and functional brilliance. Right there, that was bad on Roman and Harbaugh.

Kaep is out of the league and Alex Smith had his career resurrected by Roman.

Solid examples, I guess.

16 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

We were losing in many of those games. Most of those scores came in garbage time

Yeah ok.  More than half of the points came in games we won.  A couple of the games we lost came down to the wire.  So no, most of those points were not in "garbage time."

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well if you go back to my original post I indicated that Tyrod wasn't responsible for all those points but was a piece of it.

Lets not pretend that Tyrod was horrible the last couple years and had nothing to do with the points our offense scored.

You cited Roman and Lynn so I responded to that point. Neither of them got much more production of out Tyrod. This is who he is. 

To your 2nd point, that’s not what I’m saying. Not at all.

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

You can create a scheme for a bad/flawed QB though.  We don't have a good QB on the roster - so if you're trying to win.... you would scheme around your QBs strong suits.  Not mash everyone into your existing scheme.

He's had upwards of 20 passes batted down at the line this year.  Clearly the 3 step drop rhythm pass isn't working, maybe we try something else.  

They're constantly stacking the line and forcing him to get the ball out quick and he's holding it... maybe we spread them out so they can't stack the LOS... so we can run the ball more effectively.

ull.

I'm not claiming hes good... I'm just saying if he's who youre going with, maybe you should try and do something different.

I agree with this 100%. He has his limitations. That said how many deep balls this season? How much read option? How much Shotgun? How much designed roll outs? We aren't utilizing his best tools and that's the difference between this years Tyrod verse more successful versions the previous two years. Again, debatable if those seasons are enough to call him the guy, but much better play. High points per game, dynamic running attack, and always a deep ball threat. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.

I dont know. I think it was Taylor.

23 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor. It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.It was Taylor.

It must have been Kaepernick and Smith too because they had the same problem in SF.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:08 PM, KzooMike said:

I agree with this 100%. He has his limitations. That said how many deep balls this season? How much read option? How much Shotgun? How much designed roll outs? We aren't utilizing his best tools and that's the difference between this years Tyrod verse more successful versions the previous two years. Again, debatable if those seasons are enough to call him the guy, but much better play. High points per game, dynamic running attack, and always a deep ball threat. 

Best post ITT. Square peg, round hole this season - and it looked on purpose to push TT out. Peterman 5 pick game cemented that for me.